FaceTrackNoIR works fine with build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Mar 17, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

@sf4JC yeah, I read your post about using FTNoIR with, what was it, PPJoy protocol? I was going to try it, but then build 68 came out and Tim said that build 68 has support for TrackIR. Much easier! :) But I had to wait until build 69 because build 68 had too much problems. Btw, any news on FaceDetect and FTNoIR 1.7 development?

2. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

THX, I didnt remember this procedure

3. arnomar

arnomar Registered

I've installed facetracknoir with HD5000 cam and followed the procedure. I have tweaked curves in software to adjust all movement but there is a lot of latency (i have decrese filtering sample but it is not enough), have you change settings webcam/facetracknoir/.plr?

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

From my limited experience, FTNoIR work best if the FPS number is at least 30. If less than 30FPS, may cause lag/latency in-game. Also if the processor usage is above 20% all the time, may cause lag as well and even degrades game overall performance.

Low FPS and high CPU usage also sign of bad/uneven lighting around your head/face. FaceAPI will be in trouble recognizing your face pattern if the light condition is not good.

FYI, Seeing Machine, the maker of FaceAPI states that the minimum required to use FaceAPI is dual core processor.

PS. I didn't make any change in .PLR file. I only made change in FTNoIR curve, I also adjust my webcam brightness and contrast.

EDIT: what I meant here is the FPS that shown in FTNoIR window, not the FPS inside rFactor2

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  5. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

FaceDetect tracker is coming along, but for me, I still like to use the original FaceAPI tracker. It's hard to say how developement is going at the moment, since it is kinda divided into 2 directions (or so it seems). I am trying to work with both but am finding it very hard to keep up with the FaceDetect tracker side of things, and for some reason I cannot build the latest few builds from FaceTrackNoIR either. That's all I know at the moment, the problems I am facing may just have simple solutions, but just haven't found them yet.

Scott

6. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Oh wow, you build it yourself from the source? Few days ago I took the binary build rev.272, and FaceDetect performance still was not that good. And there were lots of dots flying and following my hand and finger scratching my nose. Kinda cool actually :D

However, I wonder if this face detection could be replaced with 'point/spot' detection method. Recognizing a face pattern is way harder than detecting some points/spots. This is what TrackIR actually does I think, and that's why it's more reliable and faster than face detection.

7. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

damn should have seen this thread before i bought my webcam couple days before. Its unsupported:/ whould have bought one which works with it...pitty
    Edit: what is WDM-compatible webcam? i have microsoft HD-3000 but cand find information is it WDM comaptible.

Anyways i have this error with this software: "Error at loading of ippm library. No DLLs found in the Waterfall procedure"
    Tried HeadTracking demo and Non-Commercial faceAPI License v3.2.6. Both with this error above.
    Any help?
    thx

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  8. arnomar

arnomar Registered

I have got the HD-5000 and it works with FacetrackNoIR ... at low framerates (30FPS) but it works. I have seen a post where it would be possible to increase FPS in ini file (facetarcknoIR directory?) but i never found it.

9. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Maybe your FTNoIR installation is incomplete. Please read this Known Issues on FTNoIR website.

10. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Thanks that helped!:). Should have read it first . Lazy me..:/

11. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

i was looking for that kind of software for some time, found two but they didnt work. This works great (except for performance). Great peace of software, i think i will donate them:)
    My only issue is i have low fps on cam (in game fps is high) so it stutters a bit. I guess i need better cpu, but still its better then nothing.

12. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Yea, those points do tend to follow the hand VERY well, hehe. That's one reason I'm really not satisfied with that particular tracker, the FaceAPI tracker is still the one for me most of the time within FaceTrackNoIR. There are other changes to the software going on other than the FaceDetect tracker, to which I honestly haven't put enough time into yet.

About the 'point/spot' detection method, I think their thoughts may be to leave that up to the developers of FreeTrack, I'm not sure. FreeTrack was nice, and probably still is, but the whole point of FaceTrackNoIR I believe, is to not have any 'headgear'. Now that you've mentioned it, I do kinda miss those days of almost pinpoint accurracy.

As far as the builds go, I'm going to have to contact the developer of FaceTrackNoIR and also the developer of the new FaceDetect tracker and see what my problem is. One main issue for me is the building programs being used, I'm using the free Express versions, and this may be effecting things right now also.

Scott

13. Raph4

Raph4 Registered

Yesterday, I have test many time install/uninstall and search why FaceTrackNoIR have randomly problem with rF2

I have seen that:
    @first step, install FaceTrackNoIR 1.30 with SetupFaceTrackNoIR.msi (DON'T USE SETUP.EXE)

next step, install FaceTrackNoIR 1.60 and now use Setup.exe

all done.
    now FaceTrackNoIR work with rF2.

14. modmate

modmate Registered

Facetracknoir PS3EYECAM 50FPS

For those using Facetracknoir with a PS3EYECAM, you can achieve more then the restricted 30FPS with that camera. YOu have to make a config file and and copy it to your facetracknoir installation folder. I`ve already made the file and attached it, you`ll get straight 50FPS from now on. 60FPS is possible but not with the free version of SM Faceapi. Anyway 50fps is a huge improvement for me,less jitter and more accuracy for my feeling.

View attachment 2371

Installation:

Take the cleye.config file and copy over to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Abbequerque Inc\FaceTrackNoIR

Greets Modmate

15. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Ok, I have a general question about FTNoIR. For me it always seems to be to dark in my room for it to recognize my face. I'm only using it in FSX so far.
    How do you guys light up your face for it to work properly?
    I used to use a LED flashlight, but it's so damn bright I almost go blind. ;)

16. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

17. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Interesting. I might try this LED-Paper filter thing. Does it matter what kind of LED lamp I should buy? I dont want my paper filter set the room on fire. I know you don't have this problem, but maybe there are different LEDs in terms of heat?

Thanks a lot for the link by the way.

18. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

Hey I just want to say a big thanks to the original poster. I was completely unaware of this. I had a good quality web cam sitting around from an unfinished 3d scanner project. Followed the instructions and got it working no problems. I didn't really like it at first partly because I wasn't used to it and partly because I hadn't found the "center" key. After a bit of practice though I have started getting used to it.

I also just want to say a big thank you to ISI for implementing this and for how well it has been implemented. After getting the face track working I tried it with some other games and didn't like the way it is used. In Rfactor2 its so beautifully intuitive. I'm an ex motorcyclist and I have a tendency to lean my head while driving a car. I was amazed that I obviously do it while sim racing as its happening in game :D . I was also amazed at how quickly I was able to adapt to it in game. What really got my attention was when I found myself doing a mirror check and it worked!!!!.

19. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

My LED Lamp was probably a cheep one, as it was a Christmas present. I'm unawhere of the differences between LED Lamps. I just know when using the "paper filter" still cauciuosly, it still really isn't that warm to the touch, more of a cool warm.

Scott

20. hdj

hdj Registered

This is a nightmare to get to work.

Followed all FTNIR install procedures (1.3 then 1.6 )

1st bought a Creative live!chat hd cam, messed around for a day and nothing. FTNIR recognised cam but didnt switch it on so no tracking.

2nd installed FaceApi but got the error "Friendly name not found: Error_file_not_Found"

3rd searched web for help and discovered that Face api ignores Creative products due to its wdm drivers!

4th back to shop and changed Creative cam for Logitech C270.

5th uninstalled all FTNIR and Face api

6th installed Logitech drivers then plugged in cam

7th reinstalled FTNIR and Face api AND SAME BLOODY RESULT!!!!!!!

Only slight compensation is that FTNIR switches on Logitech cam for 1second when I press start tracking then off.

Can any body help as seeing machies gives no support and FTNIR site gives little as well.

Thx