FaceTrackNoIR works fine with build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Mar 17, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

FaceTrackNoIR works very well with rFactor 2 build 69.

If you have trouble with FaceTrackNoIR being not recognized by rFactor 2 build 69, this is how I installed FTNoIR:
    - uninstall all previous FTNoIR installations (if you have it installed before)
    - install FTNoIR version 1.3
    - install FTNoIR version 1.6 into v1.3 directory to overwrite some old files

Actually, using FTNoIR v1.6 alone is enough. I can use it with other programs, except rFactor. And the installation steps above is how I made rFactor 1 to recognize FTNoIR. And now it works well with rFactor 2 build 69 too.

Remember, if you only install FTNoIR v1.6, rFactor won't see it. You need to install FTNoIR v1.3 first before installing FTNoIR v1.6.

TrackIR plugin for rFactor 2 only available since build 68/69. FTNoIR won't work with previous versions of rFactor 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  2. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Thats what I came here to find out. I had just set up my camera and installed and setup FTNoIR, but can not get it working.
    It's been quite awhile since I was racing rF1 with the older version due to a broken G25, bought my new wheel when rF2 was nearing.
    So, is there something I'm forgetting about to enable tracking in the game?

3. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Nope, just do the steps above, and rFactor1 should get along fine with FTNoIR. And it works with rF2 too. Don't forget to use FakeTrackIR protocol.

I'm also using FTNoIR head tracking setting from Scott (sf4JC), and it was for rF1. Works very well for me in both rF1 and rF2. Click here to read his post.

4. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

hmm strange. Dont know why mine isnt working, maybe I have to install 1.3 first. Will give it a shot.

5. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Yes please, you need to, otherwise rFactor 1 and 2 won't recognize FTNoIR at all. You don't need versions other than 1.3 and 1.6 though.

Even the FTNoIR dev team kinda confused by this, because FTNoIR 1.6 should be the fix of all known bugs and also contains many enhancements from earlier versions. :D

6. Avigrace

Avigrace Registered

I spent an age yesterday trying to get it to work, I did the 1.3 to 1.6 update and it wasn't working. I was under the impression that I had to map Look Left/Right etc under Camera and them move my head etc. It just wasn't working for me. Then I installed 69 and just played the game and suddenly it was working ingame without having to map anything! Seriously sweet and I don't think I want to play without it now.

Also using Scott's rFactor 1 settings which work really well.

7. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Avigrace, the TrackIR plugin only made available since rFactor build 68/69, it wasn't available in previous releases, that's why FTNoIR didn't work before.

8. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

dont work for me. do I need to configure something ?

9. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Was FTNoIR installed just like the steps above?
    Can FTNoIR's dialog window tracking your head movement? If not, then there's something wrong with the installation
    Do you use "Fake TrackIR" game protocol? rFactor 2 now has TrackIR plugin
    Is your room well lighting? If not, FTNoIR won't work properly
    Is your web cam supported? click here to see the list
    Do you use rF2 build 69? Head tracking wasn't available in all previous versions.

There is no configuration needed in rFactor 2. It works right away once a head tracker is detected. You just need to be sure that FTNoIR can detect your head movement first, and using the correct protocol. For rFactor, the correct protocol is Fake TrackIR.

FTNoIR also needs to be running in background. So run FTNoIR first, let it detect the head movement, then run rFactor 2. Once you're in real-time mode (driving a car), FTNoIR would be working automatically.

10. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

yes it detects all. the only thing is the protocol. im goint to try the fake trackir thx

11. Avigrace

Avigrace Registered

It was build 68 that I was testing against, suddenly started working in 69, however I did have another plugin enabled which I have now removed so I suspect it's that.

12. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Yes uninstalling then installing 1.3, then 1.6 got it working. Now to get the movement set properly.

Thanks for help :)

Edit: Wooo I set the curve profiles like in that post you linked, deleted my plr file and damn now the tracking in RF2 is much better than I ever managed to get it in RF1 :cool:

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  13. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

FTnoIR 1.6 ?? I only see an 1.5 patch on homepage.

My cam makes only 6-8 hz (C3Tech 2 Mpixel). That is bad.
    @taufikp: can you send your .ini file please?

edit: ok, my fault, managed to download 1.6 now

14. taufikp

taufikp Registered

15. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

thx, taufikp for the picture.

but V1.6 do not work in rF2 for me. V1.5 worked - bad, but worked.
    In the own monitor of FTnoIR monitor all is working fine, but nothing happing in the car - no movements.

I disabled headmotion plugin, but didnt help
    any ideas appreciated

16. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

1.6 behaved exactly the same for me at first.
    Like taufikp said in first post:
    Uninstall all versions of facetracknoir
    Install version 1.3
    Install version 1.6
    That way it works for me.

Edit:
    I'd also recommend trying the curve settings in that link he posted, makes the tracking extremely smooth on my machine.

17. Rtsrcool

Rtsrcool Registered

Works a treat here, even with my crappy Trust WB1400T! I am using the settings for the curves and did all the changes in the *.plr and controller.ini and it works surprisingly well for me! Very impressive!

Many thanks! :)

18. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Well, I didn't have to change my PLR and controller.ini file at all. FTNoIR just works as advertised (provided that you follow the correct installation steps above).

For me, using FTNoIR and low FOV (25) in rFactor 2 is an amazing experience. :)

19. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I had started with 1.6 and no luck with rf2 and rf for that matter. Two files were missing from earlier releases TIRVIEWS.dll and Faketrack.? Installing from 1.3 first and then 1.6 over that solves the issue. The solution above provided a link that shows one way to set up the curves and saves lots of trial and error. It made this work quite nicely for me. Many thanks to the OP for taking the time to post a solution.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
  20. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I cannot stress that enough, because with each new build of FaceTrackNoIR, those settings may work against FaceTrackNoIR.

I feel I do need to correct you though, FaceTrackNoIR DID in fact work in rFactor2's 1st update, just not with the Fake TrackIR Protocol since TrackIR was not supported.