F3 Fanatics

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Bryan Birtwell, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hello Fellow Race Fans,

Well another week goes by, and I'm still trying to get things done... no time.

Anyways, this week's race will be held at Sardian Heights. It's a city street course for those who do not know.

The track is available through the server's Get Mod feature.

Hope to see the streets packed with '66-'68 F3 cars!

Bryan

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Hopefully short layout

3. Bryan Birtwell

Nope... we've got the 250 or Long version loaded up for this weekend't event!

Bryan

4. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy Race Fans!

Today's race is at Sebring, the 12hour course.

I forgot about the "flickering" and if I had remembered, I would have picked a different track.

"Flickering" refers to things like the start lights, Track Map gizmos, and the like.

The problem is built into the track. I can't change it.

I know that on my machine (two ATi R9 290s) I just turn on the frame rate counter (ctrl f) and the flickering stops.

I'm not so sure it's that easy to correct with nVidia cards. Or maybe it can't be fixed on machines running nVidia video cards.

Sorry.

I hope to see you all on the track, in about an hour! It's just about 3:00pm here, right now.

Bryan

5. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy Race Fans!

I don't get here often enough... Sorry, I'm a busy man these days.

Any how, the short, 10 week "Just 4 Fan!" series continues into 2016.

Race day is today...

Practice Starts at 4:00pm Arizona time. 11:00pm London time. And, is 30 minutes long.

Quallie is 30 minutes

Warmup is 5 minutes,

Race is 30 minutes.

Track is Jarama ver1.08, which works with "Get Missing Components" button.

See you there!

Bryan

Quallie is

6. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy Race Fans,

January 16, 2016.

Today/Tonight/Tomorrow morning's race will be held at Carolina Motorsports Park.

It's a fun, short layout. Better suited for the Sparks.

Practice starts at 4:00 PM Arizona time. I believe that to be 11:00 PM London time.

Hope to see you all there!

Bryan

7. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Race fans....this series need support. The server run about $600 a year ( it's a great server) and it's only paid up till the end of Jan '16. I know BB is reluctant to ask for donations here, but I'm not. This series is too much fun to let die. Here's the PayPal addy for server donations:
    birtwell@msn.com
    Please help support this superfun weekly race...because I'm addicted to it.

Tucker

8. Bryan Birtwell

Thanks for putting that out there, Tucker!

And... Sorry for the no show.

My ISP lost a tower (wireless DSL) and shut down my internet connection until late this morning.

We will be running the same event, same times, next weekend.

Hope to see you all there.. me included...

Bryan

9. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy F3 Fanatics!

Today's race is at Sears Point.

For the next six months or whatever the length of time is for daylight savings time, the practice session for the race will start at 3:00pm Arizona time.

This means you guys in the UK and Europe don't have to stay up an extra hour to race this series... I'll be starting an hour earlier. Make sense? Good.

See ya on the track!

Bryan

10. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy Race Fans,

This weekend we will be at Loch Drummond. We will be running the short layout.

I've really enjoyed the last few weekends with the good attendance we've been experiencing, and I'm looking forward to the driver roster increasing.

If you haven't run a race with us... no problemo... seeing that it's just for fun, you won't be messing any points system up, or anything like that, so come on, join in the fun!

While we're speaking of 'fun'... Consider donating some doe, ray, me to the cause... donations via PayPal are always welcomed. birtwell@msn.com is where you can send your donations.

Thanks in advance, and I'll be seeing you on the track.

Practice starts at 11:00pm, London time. Race starts at Midnight, London time.

See you all there!

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2016
  11. Bryan Birtwell

It comes with a heavy heart, that I have to let this server die.

No donations. I guess you guys don't think this is worth anything... It costs $50/month. And time to keep it running properly.

I only get the chance to race one or two races a week on it.

It has been up and running for 4 years, NRT has been great to work with, but it's time to let it all go.

I am in negotiations with SR4L about allowing this series to continue on one of their servers... Please donate your funds to them.

12. Bryan Birtwell

Okay.... I couldn't pull the plug on the server. I paid May's rent. I don't really need to eat three times a day... After this, Paul Swire of SR4L, is going to allow me to use one of their servers to keep this 10 week, now a year old series running strong! Thank you Paul, Bryan F., and Nikos for making this all come together.

I will be sending any and all donations to SR4L and the 'Welcome Message' on the server will ask you to donate directly to SR4L's coffer.

I hope to see you all at this weekend's event at Toban!

Bryan

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

But please dont forget what you have agreed Bryan at your negotiations with SR4L, that you let Nikos pass when you see him at your mirrors :cool:

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Awesome this keeps going!

15. Bryan Birtwell

Can't let it die now, Bjorn! Sorry... don't know how to put the line through the "o". But, I do know how to do this... Þ

-Bryan

16. Bryan Birtwell

Hello Race Fans!

Well, this has been going quite well.

Some peeps are having a hard time downloading the tracks I've been selecting lately.

IsI's get missing components really doesn't work too well... As you all know. Slow as slow gets...

If you're a Steam user, you can enter my server through Steam, and Steam's get mod works a whole lot better...

From the main Steam page; where it says "Store Library Community and then your Steam user name; do the following:

Click on "view" at the top of the page.

Select "servers".

Select "! F3 Fanatics!" from the list.

Let it get the missing components.

Now... it's really fast because, as far as I can tell..., you're not really downloading the track. I don't know what you're doing, but it's really fast. Like 10 seconds to grab a track, or car, or both.

This week's track is Putnam Park.

Hope to see you all out on the track!

Bryan

17. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy Race Fans,

Just a quick note to let you all know that this week's race will be held at Mills.

We will be running "outer loop A".

The race event is this Saturday/Sunday (Saturday in the USA, Mexico, and Canada... Sunday everywhere else.)

Practice starts at Midnight, London Time. I believe... lol It's 3:00pm Pacific Time.

Qualification starts a half hour after that.

The 5 minute warm-up is at 4:00pm Pacific Time.

Then the RACE!

18. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

It's been a while... Studio-397 hasn't responded to a half a dozen emails about not being able to login as Bryan Birtwell.

Anywho... We're still having fun each and every Saturday afternoon/evening or Saturday night/Sunday morning (depending on which side of the "Pond" you live on. The time that the (half hour) practice start time is: 3:00PM My time... Arizona time... -7 GMT. I think that, that's 11:00PM London time... until you set your clocks ahead... then it will an hour earlier for you guys... We don't do Day Light Savings Time here in AZ.

I can't change what it says below... well, I can't change the original post because, Bryan Birtwell is the moderator here... not me... Whatever... Please Studio-397 reply to any one of my requests to resolve my login problem... Pretty Please... with sugar on top...

Bryan Birtwell

19. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Where did you send those to?

20. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Howdy,
    First, I try to log into the forum using my old user name and the password I used to use.
    I'm "told" that the password is incorrect.
    I click on "re-set my password".
    Then I get "A password reset request has been emailed to you. Please follow the instructions in that email."
    I don't get any email...
    On the page that says "A password reset request has been emailed to you. Please follow the instructions in that email." there is
    a link saying "contact us". I've clicked on that link and sent nice messages at least a half dozen times. It contains my user name "Bryan Birtwell" my email: birtwell@msn.com and on one or two my old password. I've yet to receive any response.

My only other email addy is f3fanatics@yahoo.com. I had to use that one for setting up my BryanBirtwell account.

Can you help? I'd like access to my threads dating back to 2012.

Thank you for your time,
    Bryan