F3 Fanatics

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Bryan Birtwell, Jun 16, 2012.

1. CraigT

CraigT Registered

The Exp EVE won't download from GETMOD. I have tried several times. Other components worked great but not the EVE.
    Is there somewhere else I can get it ? I would love to try these

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

I had the same issue. The biggest disappointment though was finding http://www.f3fanatics.us/ and the download section near empty ;\ Then the abandoned Yahoo group, all getting my hopes up for naught. All in all I wasted about an hour, mainly searching for a download. What happened though is that it did succeed in downloading and installing, but not detecting that this has occurred. In mod manager, I uninstalled and reinstalled and all was good.

If you are not getting the download in the first place though then you're outta luck. If it is not private/copied then I don't mind uploading somewhere when I get home.

3. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Don't know why you weren't able to download using "Get Mod". It's been working fine.

But... here ya go!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88m8l0ioh824al9/Exp_Eve_v1.1.rfcmp?dl=0

4. Bryan Birtwell

Sorry about the inactive websites... anything like www.f3fanatics.com .org.. .net. I bought them for future reference. May never use them.

We should probably close the yahoo group... It say action for a week or so and that was that. I'll get in touch with the person responsible for setting it up.

Sorry you feel like you wasted your time, please come by again.

Also, we (f3 fanatics) going through some growing pains... We just upgraded our server from NRT and with a different IP address it may take me some time to re-register all the components used in our vMODs.

Thanks for the read,

Bryan

5. Bryan Birtwell

I am having a tough time with Noel Hibbard's tool for registering cars and tracks so that the "Get Missing Components" feature works on the F3 Fanatics' new server.

So, I have posted links to the two modded cars on the first post.

Thanks,

Bryan

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

Thanks Bryan. The frustration was mainly because I decided to join on a whim when there were 6 drivers. By the time I got everything sorted they had all left ;\
    I certainly understand the issues faced with getmod(it's so much better now, but not infallible) which is why it's great to have redundancy.
    This was made up for on Saturday though when I raced with Durge, Spinelli, Clockit, Bjorn(I think) and a bunch of others.

What a day it was. We all commented how we were sweating buckets, hands shaking (nerves/adrenaline) and how close and full on the racing was, race after race. We all appreciate the work you've put in and continue to do so. It's without doubt a lot of peoples favourite server.

I don't always race online in rFactor 2, but when I do, I F3 Fanatics! :p

Hope to see some more/newer people online this weekend, it would be insane with a fuller grid.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just curious. Is the F3 Fanatics server just using the stock, original ISI F3 cars, or is it modded (physics, sounds, etc,)? Wondering because if it's just the stock, original car, then don't we all have that, and therefore anyone should just be able to join right away?...

8. matf1

matf1 Registered

It's been stock up until now, but see the first post.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Oh man that's sweet!!

10. Bryan Birtwell

The F3s offered up on our server are tweaked... 25% increase in both HP and Torque. They handle a lot better because of the increased control via your right foot.

The paint jobs on the Sparks are from 1966-1968 liveries. Fun was had with the names of the drivers of these cars. They're worth the price of admission by themselves!

New EVEs will get their new paint jobs and drivers soon, meanwhile if you have your own custom F3 or F2 skin just pop it on and you'll be on your way to terrorizing the neighborhood in your hot-rodded F3!

Hope that answers the question.

Bryan

PS: anyone wanna contribute sounds???

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I have some join-button troubles... :/

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

There is surely a cream for your button troubles.

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Got the VMod from one of the guys on the server already... then I could join the server :)

14. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Can't get in Fast_F3s_2, server grayed out no "join" or "get mod" option. Maybe it's not just me?

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Nope, sadly it's not...

16. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy guys.

Try it now. Just made a new vMOD while at work and have the new one up and running now.

I'll try and join it when I get home from work.

Bryan

17. matf1

matf1 Registered

No good for me right now. Server is listed in yellow and does nothing when clicked. Other's go yellow when clicked then blue if there is a successful connection or grey if not. This seems to suggest the connection is established but prevented from proceeding.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Confirmed.

Certainly is a turn around to having a go at me for too many tracks BB. hehehe ;)

I got a mod last weekend and needed 5 tracks I never even liked the look of to drive in a F3. loool

:)

edit:

If it was not around in 1966 or at least conveys that flavour I throw it out with the bath water. :)

I spot a late model 4 door parked around a track it destroys my immersion. lol

When we/if get a modern "Historic" F3 mod I wont be lapping 1966 Spa or Monza in it either. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  19. clockit

clockit Registered

I've had no trouble joining your server, with this or the last mod.

Edit: tell a lie, the latest test mod doesn't download.

20. Bryan Birtwell

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out why only some people can't join the server.

I don't believe there is anything 'wrong' with this new server from NRT.

When I set up a vMOD I make it on the server itself.

Then I join the server with my home machine, on which I uninstall the components that I may have on my computer that pertain to that vMOD so that I HAVE to download everything from the server myself including the vMOD.

I have had no issues doing so.

If the new server has spotty internet issues I may see about downgrading and going back to the old server. Or rent a different server from NRT located in Texas or California. That certainly would help my ping times!

Bryan

EDIT:

Ok, ok, ok.... The server had three instances of rFactor2 running. Thanks to clockit for noticing the problem and thanks to Bruno for finding my business' phone number... calling me at work and reporting the problem and solution!

The F3 Fanatics is up and running 'full tilt boogie' once again!

Thanks,

Bryan