F3.5 easily flipping over crests, BUG??

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Rony1984, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi all,

Did a quick race on lienz just now and found the F3.5 flipping into the air when cresting the hill on the long straight. I have noticed this behavior before for instance on lime rock on the hill after the fast right-hander, there also, but to less extend with the F2. According to my judgement the car with that amount of downforce at that speed shouldn't flip, at least not when the aero hasn't any flaws(like the Benzes on le Mans). Funny thing is that the AI, driving at the same speed, are indifferent to the hill and stick to the road.
    The setup I used was the unmodified 'medium' downforce package. Below the replay of that little flight, just scroll to the end for the action.

View attachment 8138

Is this a BUG or explainable phenomenon?

Greets,

R

2. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

yea a great ride for Webber there.
    I would suspect its more a track config issue thats causing it, I havnt tried the rF2 version of Lienz but if its like the rF1 version I could see how that would happen, maybe give the Marussia F1 a thrash around there and see what happens, it only takes the front to lift marginally in a car with wings then its hold on to your helmets and pucker up time.
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

yeah Webber and flying have a history together:) Just had a lap in the Marussia set to maximum downforce and the car flipped over the crest nevertheless.

View attachment 8156

I hope ISI could have a look at this