F3.5 2014 brake cooling

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Risto Kappet, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Hey

I have done a FR3.5 race recently.
    It was on bahrain international, on 29c ambient.
    Even with brake ducts totally open, I found the brake temepures peak at 850 on most of the corners, although the optimal temperature beyond which wear and tear occours is 600.
    My brake temperatures were even front and back and I was not using any aids. There were many retirees with brakes that day.
    If this view or experience is shared by others, I belive the cooling should be more effective, so that on a 35c ambient day, with open duct cooling, you would not have to worry about them at all :)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not familiar enough with FR3.5 to know how much of an issue the brakes should be in 29/35 ambient, and on which general wing settings (straightline speed). Just wanted to comment on this:

It's not unusual to have the brakes above the lower 'peak temperature' for a lot of braking events. And brake wear occurs every single time you apply the brakes, regardless of temperature - though obviously they do wear more as the temperature gets higher.

Ultimately it would be easier to judge how accurate the brakes are (and whether it can really be called a 'bug') if you have some sort of reference for how severe the brake wear should be in similar conditions to your driving.

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Guys - can anyone advise where I can find information such as the optimal brake temperature for a mod?

4. bwana

bwana Registered

5. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Maybe the new UI will cover this gap.
    We have no info regarding tire, brakes , engine...

Real drivers and teams have that info. Car stats was simply wonderful. It is a shame it didn't get updated or even better integrated into the game to know more about the cars we drive.

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I am not wrong, Car Stats couldn't read data of encrypted physics, and ISI and then S397 seem to stick to encrypted physics (the secrets of the Marussia F1 2012 are well kept).
    Cheers.