Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.
Awesome, awesome mod. Really fantastic.
Sounds are the top.
Footwork FA13 V1.70 Uploaded.
FFB is ok, but i like previous physics better. Is more.....how to describe....catchy. In your place i will definitely no go rf1 route as is too forgiving(i have strange moments of driving rf1 again, which is not good ), rather discover new rf2 engine possibilities. If no time or resource for this, i leave it at it is before version 1.7, is perfectly drivable and more than good enough. Thnk for sharing hard work.
Of course we follow the development RF2 and RF2 adapting a physical on our mods will be one of ours main goals, but at the moment there is something wrong in this step, so we decided at the time, to have a common line on this version of the mod on 3 platforms on which it was released, RF1, RF2 and GSC.
Venturi LC92 1.70 Released
Downloading now to check. I am hoping to see the cars have a good turn-in bite and be very responsive (handling and engine wise) and not having too much downforce through corners although they should be quite planted at the correct speeds. With those nice slicks there should be some good mechanical grip and the possibility of having some rear slides (and catching them). Thank you.
I think what you hope should be satisfied with this release.
I understand the concept of LE yet the cars feel different to me: even within version 1.7. How can this be? They also sound different? Anyway all the cars are great! Unfortunately I must request that you press on. Can't stop now my addiction for these cars needs to be fed!
Thank you so much.
I have been enjoying these cars so far and have some initial feedback to hopefully make them better:
- Low resolution steering wheel texture
- There is a reflection problem on the cockpit glass acting as a mirror (example of it on Venturi attached, also occurs in others)
- Though I decreased my wings I didn't feel any loss in downforce and cornering speeds were extremely high, which leads me to think that perhaps there is too much grip (perhaps lateral) assigned to tires or the downforce values are way too strong
- Wash out feeling when cornering at low speeds very similar to Indycar (feels like a lazy turn in and aero dependant instead of mechanic)
- The brake stability is great but the brakes feel very powerful with great braking power and very difficult to lock up. Braking distances comparable to current Formula 1
- Acceleration and speed were good but there was some feeling similar to that torque "kick" the Indycar v1.5 gives on 2nd gear
- Torque didn't feel very strong when accelerating from lower RPM band
- Although there is a lack of proper fidelity in the NFS2 Suzuka, I cornered 130r at 296km/h (even lowering wings from default), in 1992 the speed was around 235-250km/h
- In Interlagos I had no quarrels lapping around the Williams pole position time right away and braking 50-70m before corners and maintaining absolute control
View attachment 13855
In 1989 Suzuka 130r lower speed (race condition), half laps completed, was 260km/h, and best lap in race was 3 sec. slower than 92 season.
The Venturi in the qualifying session of 1992 ( Friday times) was six seconds slower than Williams. I think 130r speed in 1992 was higher than 250Km/h for top cars.
Picked up something else:
- After having the AI take over the car and accelerate time, when I regain control of the car there's an engine idle sound that keeps looping
- May be track related but in Spa, for example, there is a lot of speed lost when going over certain elevation changes where the AI suffers nothing. At Eau Rouge, flat out, the car loses 40 km/h vs AI as an example
Check out Alesi's lap and how he also downshifts and slows down for it:
But the remainder of my feedback is as I wrote, I drove with the Andrea Moda and Venturi more than the other two. I hope it's useful .
I see, thnx.
Feedback are very useful !
We hope to acquire the skills to be able to satisfy all requests
I simply am having a blast with these cars!
I feel like i'm nigel mansell
Really fantastic mod!
There is a little problem, whatever the track AI pit one time for a 14 lap race while the assigned setup specify no pit ???
Enough fuel, tires ok, don't know ???
It seems only AI below version 1.7 goes into the pits for on appearant reason. The newest cars are also much faster than the old ones. I think the March cars finished 30 seconds ahead of the older cars.
Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2
I think i'm stupid, i never really tested the "fixed AI setup" paramter in player.json and thought it was the defaut behavior to be true but it is'nt, i have to try
I have no emperical evidence, but also feel that the cars have too much downforce
I was actually trying to form co opinion on this last night by racing my heart out against the AI on Estoril. If I wasn't careful the car would step out a bit in the medium fast corners which to me seemed quite realistic. Maybe it was because of the setup but I feel that these cars are very realistic generally.
Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2
Benetton, Brabham and Dallara updated to 1.7 version.
Separate names with a comma.