F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. kantenflimmern

kantenflimmern Registered

I can't see a problem with LE either. I mean, look at GSC. There you have one generic F1 car of each era, so basically what we have here, and no one is complaining. In this mod you actually have individual 3D models and sounds, so I'm perfectly fine with the way it is.

2. VMaxMuffin

VMaxMuffin Registered

I'll just weigh in with my opinion on the LE thing - I would like to see all completely different physics, gear boxes etc. as a 'Historical Edition', but regardless the way it is currently is a blast anyway.

I would at the very least like to see a version where there are H-Pattern gearboxes available (maybe through upgrades, or even a LE with H-Pattern gearboxes?). I'm loving the Lotus 98T that's just come out for AC and so I'd love to try these cars with an H-Pattern too.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It is a bit funny that you're able to tune the anti-roll bars from the cockpit :) Some true 92-ish physics would be good at some point... And a Historic Edition is almost beyond hope - it is a huge amount of work.

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

well, no argument there, i mentioned myself i think in this thread i loved the williams '92 demo. i believe a couple people have mentioned the sounds & i have to say thats what really sent me over the edge as well. phenomenally good. just wondering if its worth downloading anything else for my purposes, mostly.

re GSC, i certainly don't complain there (don't mean to sound that i am here either ofc) but my impression has always been that each era car is in fact a particular one, & then AI is modified. however, the only one that is 'official' afaik is the 70s car, which has a cool DIY fittipaldi/brazil tie-in thing going on so they paid homage to it (and it was probably dirt cheap or free ;).

so basically, as someone who is hugely ignorant of motorsport/F1 already, im asking all this/rambling incoherently bc im curious where this mods 'center' is, or if it has one.

hope tht makes sense but ive gotten close to 0 sleep the past couple nights.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Many of us would like a historically accurate version. However, the modders are most interested in LE. So let's let them finish the current job and if the enthusiasm is still there (because they did such a great job!), I am sure they or someone else or a collaboration could do historically accurate versions. ISI may have released another vehicle that could be a better base by then, too.

Just a precaution that every modification to make these things more accurate will also make them harder to drive. Right now, we have old bodies draped over a more modern chassis so it's a bit of a fantasy--although a very enjoyable one :)

6. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

We would like to have a HE version too and all cars with physical and graphical updates, but we try to find a way to release something of our works on rF2, something to give users soon, not only one car, something usable also from the community league.

We think this is the best solution for now.

In the future we would like to do so much more as HE, 3d improvements etc, but we would like to be more in touch with the users, so we prefer to release more jobs that do not make us disappear for years.

PS, all cars are converted, we are making all skins without fictional shadows, this is necessary for this release and for the future development of this mod

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Excellent!

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1 :)

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Brilliant! The future's looking bright then. Utmost respect to all the modders working on this!

10. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

You guys are frickin awesome

11. cartandretti

cartandretti Registered

I Love this mod. Been waiting for a late model mod since rf2 surfaced. I dont see any need to change or improve anything. It has taking lots of time out of your day to provide these for us and it is much appreciated, from me at least. Up to F1SR standards.

12. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Ok guys, Alesanchez has sended me all skins for 1.50 version, First car in upload...

View attachment 13700

13. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Excellent, thank you team you guys rock :cool:

14. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Ready !

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

FYI, it shows up as v 1.0, June 24 in Mod Manager.

The Andrea Moda v1.4 also shows up as 1.0, but it has a V140 in the file name. I am sure you likely linked to the correct file, but correcting these issues may prevent lots of confusion and resultant wasted time as people install them.

Thanks--can't wait to try it out!

16. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

in a few days all 1.5 cars will be released, this is for us 1.0 92 complete mod

17. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

drool......

edit: bit more constructive comment lol, i've noticed when ending a session and hitting 'leave game' to go back to rf2 main menu, the game crashes to desktop. only tested with the Williams though.

also getting this weird effect on tyres: View attachment 13702

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Did you know:
    Racing these cars at Jerez de la Frontera is like being in sim racing heaven? :)

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hmmm is only one car file necessary? I downloaded the Williams v1.5 and the car settings were basically the Indycar's

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

That's how it is for now :) Adjust your roll bars on the fly :D