f1 to rfactor2

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by jelmpie_07, Jun 16, 2021.

1. jelmpie_07

jelmpie_07 Registered

I am trying to get some maps from formula 1 game into rfactor2. when i copy them out of the f1 game and place them in the locations map of rfactor2 i cant drive on it. can someone help me to get these tracks? and when i dowload a track from the internet like an abudhabi one i get a rfcmp file. when i open rfactor2 i cant chose it to plat. how can i get it to work so i can play it? also some of the cars i have, have pitcrew. when i copy and paste it in another car folder i dont see it in the game. i would love if someone can help me with these problems

regards
    Jelmer

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rfcmp file are to be placed in the PACKAGES folder. Then in the game itself, you navigate to the packages screen and install the track.

atomed likes this.
  3. jelmpie_07

jelmpie_07 Registered

It also didnt get put into a folder. Its just sitting in the downloads folder of my laptop

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You wait for the menus to load and click on the black tab (content tab)near the upper right of the menus. At the CONTENT screen you will see an option for PACKAGES.

regarding getting the file to the packages folder:

right click on the rfcmp file in the download folder. Then choose copy. Then move to
    (depending on where you installed Steam:)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2, in the rFactor2 folder are several folders, namely, Packages. Right click on the packages folder and choose paste. Done!

5. jelmpie_07

jelmpie_07 Registered

9607B15A-F617-48E0-8834-CD631DF2164C.jpeg
    This is all i can find in the rfactor2 folder

6. jelmpie_07

jelmpie_07 Registered

Ooh. I found somewhere you can just make the folder yourself so that is nice. It now works

davehenrie likes this.