[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Someone replaced the engine with the Indycar one by mistake :D

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Okay... so... F1RFT_2013_FrenkyBjorn_1.4
    Originally made by Sompir and F1RFT - great stuff!
    Carefully and skillfully altered by Frenky to reflect actual "historic" performance
    Carefully, yet amateurishly attempted, bringing it to rF2 DX11-standards... I've tried to make subtle use of the DX11 effects in scenarios where I'd think it would make sense... Played with the shaders for hours (nah, maybe not, but meticulously adjusted where deemed necessary) on each GMT... carbody, helmets, rims... Toned textures, yadda yadda... Fixed a few incorrect things, labelling, brands on rims etc. etc. I hope it's worthy of Frenkys and Sompirs great work. I may have missed one or two things though :D

Here is a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yktca6fg15m9ka/F1RFT_2013_FrenkyBjorn_1.4.rfcmp?dl=0
    And here is a Mega link https://mega.nz/#!pg4mFbYC!QuIDPolAOtcAlqgm_q7NBr2bDpw80eAQKVfbCLvel2E

3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Pauli Partanen and Corti like this.
  4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Bjorn, for bringing back to life for DX11 this great mod (in the top three of all RF2 content IMO).

This content published in 2014, with excellent physics (uses ISI F1 2012 tires), still rules and puts to shame visually most of the content from ISI and S397.

Compare the steering wheel of those cars with the S397 DLC and you will understand immediately.
    For those who doubt what nice driving gloves can bring to a cockpit view, just have a look.

Tried it (Lotus) and all seems fine.

Cheers.

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Many thanks Bjørn, great work! I've changed the first post to only have your 1.4 version. You get full credits for this version.
    Have fun racing everybody!

6. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Is it possible for Bjørn to post it on the steamworkshop? or is that not possible at all for f1 reasons?

7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight!

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  8. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Thanks!
    One of the best mods got better!

Bjørn and The Iron Wolf like this.
  9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Took it for a spin yesterday and it's fine! Going to give me hours of fun for a long time!

Question regarding fuel tank: Was it really that big in 2013? Or am I so used to these modern hybrid wonder engines being able to do races on a hundred litres?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The base is the Formula ISI, which was basically a generic 2012 F1 car physics set... So I'd say yeah... It's somewhat accurate :)

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I did a 10 lap race at Istanbul where I put 11 laps in and it worked out okay with some fuel saving.

I'll have to sit down at some point, brim the tank and see how far it'll go. I'm too used to the hybrids!

12. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Hello to everyone, this is my first post on this forum :)
    I'm using this mod only with dx11 tracks and most of them do not have DRS and the A.I in race is opening the rear flap on every straight. It is possible to disable it in the race and enable it only in qualifying or disable it all together?

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The track has to have defined DRS zones... In practice and qualifying it's useable all the time, but in the race it should be limited to the zone and being within one second of someone ahead.

14. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

I understand that but if the track doesn't have assigned DRS zones will the A.I open the flap in the race? I didn't try all tracks but for example in Dubai autodrome the A.I opens the drs in every straight.
    Thanks for the reply.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

So what you are saying...if you run a drs car on a non-drs track, you will get behavior like the old Chaparral 2d/e provided. wing down in the corners, wing flat on the straights....

16. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Basically on a track that doesnt have drs zones the A.I in race will open the flap like in qualifing from the first lap and almost in every straight .So i want to know if its posible to disable it .

17. momoracer

momoracer Registered

The performance on these tracks on my PC is terribly bad, I will have to stick to 1988 tracks for Formula 1 it seems.. the others have too much detail and it's not as smooth.

18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The track-pack is abandon-ware... Lets be honest...

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  19. momoracer

momoracer Registered

Yo you know any track packs with decent performance for more modern versions of the F1 tracks?

Like I said, the most complete pack I got is the 1988 one, runs smooth, but the lines are really old compared to modern ones.

There are random conversions from other games from separate tracks but usually the performance is really bad on these too, there's too much detail and rFactor2 doesn't handle that much detail too well it seems... I mean the Spa conversion from AC for example, runs smooth on AC and looks better, in rFactor 2 the fps aren't smooth.

20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The FSR tracks are pretty good, but they don't have them all and you'd have to live with their sponsor branding all over the track.