[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@ jakobdylan: No, not yet, will take some time to upload and my connection sometimes failes, so I have to start over. ETA around end of summer holiday.

@BoothJoe: 1:40 means, you can make some improvements. Defaults imo means partly optimised for both player and AI. It should be fail-save for 50% races, so that the AI doesn't blow up their engines or get brake problems. It also means that the player can make adjustments to go faster. So it is not optimized for good or bad players; it is more or less a good starting point for medium-to-high-downforce tracks.

I assume that you are driving v1.35? The Red Bull car by far should be the most stable car in the mod. With those laptimes, I would start driving with some (low, maybe medium) traction-control and ABS. This helps a lot. I drive with them (keyboard would be too difficult otherwise) and it also helps rear tire wear. Low and medium are also optimized in this mod to still give you the feeling that you have to work hard to keep the car under control.
    It is normal, with symetrical setups, that the left front is the most critical tire as most circuits are driven clockwise.

Yeah, I agree with you that some setup guide would be helpfull. In the basis, these cars are not that much different from the Formula ISI 1.60, so a guide for that car would also apply for this mod.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  2. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I discovered last night that I was running 1.33. I downloaded 1.35 and the RedBull seems much more stable, especially coming out of the corners. Thank you for the explanation of how the default settings fit in. They are where I had hoped...a good starting point.

3. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Thank you. Just gained some time with your brake adjustments, lower rear ARB and a touch of rear ride height.

I'm driving Romain Grosjean around Silverstone on a 52 lap fuel load. 1:36.5 about mid pack. Had a lot of fun until I ran off course around the 16th lap trying to keep the AI from passing me. I simply can't sustain the focus at that intensity driving an F1 car just yet. Lol.

4. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Soften rear 3rd spring. Soften the front springs. Lowered rear fast bump/rebound. Lower gear ratios for 1, 2 and 3rd gear. 2 clicks down on the rear spoiler caster at 7.25

Got down to 1:36.1 on 52 laps of fuel with Romain Grosjean.;) I'm getting there!

5. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Just had SP race at hockenheim (RaceRfactor) and AI pitted into same spot as I did, so both cars got messed up. Is that track limitation, or something else?

This is amazing mod, very impressive, thanks a lot! Especially like flat spot vibration, good bye careless braking :D

EDIT: After sending, I realized that this mod is likely tweaked to track pack specifically, is that the case, or pitting just doesn't work very well in all cases?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  6. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I've been doing some educational testing. I want to see exactly how fast I can run on the default setups. The only change I have made is to turn down differential power to 18 to keep from spinning the tires coming out of a corner and to use 20 laps of fuel. I run 20 laps in testing with other cars on the track because their presence affects my driving and provides some valuable feedback. I started by setting the AI at 85% and once I have the best lap time, I move it up 5%. In the last month I've run about 1200 laps and now am at the 95% AI level, and I've completed Australia, Bahrain and China. At none of these have I had the best time against the Ai, although at Bahrain and China I was in the top 10. I'm one to two seconds off the pace. At most of the tracks, I've seen a gradual improvement in my best times. At some point I should theoretically hit a wall where the car won't go any faster without setup adjustments. Or so I believe. At that point, it becomes useful to test setup changes. Right now, I don't know if a setup change makes the car better or if I simply drove that track better.

I would be extremely interested is someone with better driving skills than I have running a couple of the tracks with the default setups and 20 laps of fuel and post their best times. It would be great to have that information. Just for information, my last best lap at Silverstone using the default setups was a 1:39.548.

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks Boothjoe and TheLeadWolf!

@TheLeadWolf, no the other way round. The track pack is optimized to run this mod, by adjusting DRS zones and availability, as well as parc ferme rules.

@ Boothjoe, setup changes will definitely improve laptimes a lot. My fastest lap, during quali and with medium tires, at Silverstone, with the Red Bull is 1:30,3xx. That was pole position by a couple of tenths with a fully rubbered in track. And driving with keyboard and low ABS and TC :p. So there is something on the table :p

Have fun racing!

8. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Frenky, thank you for developing this mod for single player. I just want to make sure I understood you - the reason all cars pit into same pit spot is a bug in track authoring, right? Any hints how to fix it?

9. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I'd really like to see your time at Silverstone with the default settings. My point is that unless you drive "good," setups aren't meaningful. When I was in my setup-frenzy days, I would change stuff and get faster. Then I'd go back and run the default settings just for reference and find I would run that faster than with all my setup changes. That means to me that changing setups for a **** driver is meaningless.

10. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

One more question regarding allcarstracks_10.mas file: My rFm folder does not contain such file, it contains "All Tracks & Cars_10.mas" file. Should I place allcarstracks_10.mas side by side, or should I rename it to "All Tracks & Cars_10.mas" and back original file up? Thanks!

11. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Not ignoring you, just have nothing to share yet with this mod. Besides, my motor skills are severely impaired, and affect my driving and reaction, so comparing to my time will be comparing apples to oranges. However, I noticed in GT3 that there's a point when my lap no longer improves. That is when setup changes make differences. But they are very individual to driving style. I am fastest with highest downforce pretty much, simple as that. But in the end, I gave up on setups. In order to do that right it needs to be full time activity, not realistic when usually I have just 2 hours a week to race.

12. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I'm sorry, I quoted your post but meant it to be directed to Frenky. So here it is...my best laps on each track after 1300+ laps in the last five weeks. This is with the default setups and 20 laps of fuel The only thing I changed on the default settings was to move power to 18.

Australia 132705
    Malaysia 142397
    China 142296
    Bahrain 139719
    Spain 128289
    Monte Carlo 121845
    Canada 120288
    Britain 139560
    Germany 122760
    Hungary 126718
    Belgium 157307
    Italy 131583
    Singapore 154058
    South Korea 148173
    Japan 141686
    India 135553
    Abu Dhabi 147742
    US 149097
    Brazil 116517

13. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Frenky, a basic question. You say to keep the tires at 100C at all times. The only way I can get them to 100C is if I spin out. They never seem to go over about 78C. This leads me to believe I am doing something seriously and fundamentally wrong. This reeks of pussy-driving the car. But when I try to push more in the corners so the tires slide and heat up, I find the car's front end seems to "dig in" coming out of the turn and it ploughs off the track on the inside of the turn.

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, I am again on Holiday. So short reply from my side.
    20 Laps of fuel is about 3 seconds per lap slower, thus this explains part of your slower laptimes. With the exeption of Belgium, Canada and Italy, I drive with about 70 degrees rear wing. So yes, driving with nearly full wing is fastest despite the drag. Put lower rear wing if you want to overtake in the race.

All cars pitting at the same spot is a track issue, yes.

Getting the rears on 100 degrees is also very difficult for me. I don't get them over 85 degrees. So that is also for me a problem and I hope that the new (but not yet implemented on any car) b1098 tire features will solve this partly.
    Getting the fronts below 100 degrees is also very difficult for me. I always overheat them. But again, I am driving with keyboard, so I am not a good reference here.

15. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Frenky, I'd like to report an issue: I drove yesterday with full grid at Hockenheim, and one of the Ferrari's was riding without wheels and rear wing, and was pretty successful at that :) If I can help diagnosing, let me know what do you need to know.

EDIT: I think I understood what causes this - it is probably due to alt-tabbing once in a while. Happens with URD mod too, so issue solved :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

No issue not solved, I would guess. It is not a mod problem, but an rF2 problem. The AI (nearly) don't suffer from damage. Only graphical or with damage that is so severe that you can't drive further (blown engine for example)

17. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

I guess we are talking about different issue then. I can for sure confirm that with my game settings, if I alt-tab out of starting grid and come back, some cars won't have some parts (even if they didn't start yet). While it is bad that rF2 has a bug you describe, I will now know what is going on when I see indestructible AI...

18. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

BTW, if I start with full grid in this mod (23 AI cars), some teams have 3 drivers (I guess substitute or test). Is there a way to avoid that (to have just two drivers per team)?

19. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I think if you set AI to 20 cars you won't get that. You have to count your self and there's only 21 drivers. So 20 AI in the settings.

20. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I've seen that, too, but I don't remember at which track. The AI had no wheels and no wings and was passing other cars. One time I saw an AI ahead of me go into a corner hit another AI car and do three complete flips, come down on his tires and get back on the track without losing a position.