[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Still ironic that the best F1 mod comes from a Keyboard driver ;)

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Lol, true. But v1.33 assumes by default that you have a steering wheel capable of 490+ degrees rotation. If not, select "Original Method" in the Tuning screen!

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Either Frenky is a genius beyond all proportions, or, you can develop a fantastic-feeling FFB in rF2 mod without ever touching the FFB itself. How do others get it so wrong?

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Way to diss folks with innocent words. Conversely, what makes this so right? Last I checked was 1.31, but still back then there are lots of estimates done into a work like this. It's nice that at least someone (Frenky) keeps pushing and trying to improve.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It wasn't intended as a diss. It is truly remarkable that you can get such great feeling FFB programming and testing with a keyboard. I am stunned, actually. Have been using this mod since it first came out and had no idea until today Frenky only used keyboard.

6. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I've tested out the 1.33, and while I am not the fastest or skilled driver I can personally feel the car being a bit more forgiving in the lower speeds. At first it didn't feel like a lot but I think once you get some rubber onto the track and a couple laps to warm up it feels more forgiving. It feels similar to the 1.32 and that felt really good, so it's a nice update. I'm sure someone who has more experience and skill can maybe give better feedback than what I have!

Impressive work as normal Frenky, thanks for the updates and general focus to detail. :)

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Big thank you guys and enjoy the mod!!!

Yes, I'm driving the mod with a keyboard. Allthough I have also a budget Thrustmaster wheel, as well as a XBox controller. But I simply couldn't get used to both of them. I'm quicker with a keyboard, playing with only ABS and TC on low. No other aids.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Good ol' F1C aids! Used to drive RH 2003/2004 that way, was faster too (top 5ish times) than my wheel because my black Momo had a faulty throttle, giving me like 93% only :p.

9. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Hi, thanks for the update. It feels better. More stable on the throtlle when exiting a slow corner.

Did you make the rear softer? I use my 1.32 setups and these make the car bottom out.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@ JeDa: Thanks man! Yes, in the default setup, the rear is softer, allthough the rear ride height is some 3 mm higher. If the car is bottoming only on very high speeds, that's normal and realistic. What ride heights and packers do you use?
    @ Guimengo, using aids comes with a penalty in the form of extra fuel in the fuel tank. So theoretically you are faster without using aids!

11. farbflash_

farbflash_ Registered

Guys is here someone who wants to race a bit with this mod?
    Greetings from Germany

12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, I found a bug (spelling error) in the TBC files. That will only affect the AI.
    I drive the latest build b1080 of rF2 and found out that the AI is a little bit slower. Am I the only one?

So, I will dig into this and update the mod later!

EDIT: found out that not only this mod, but also FISI v1.60 is suddenly 1.5 seconds slower (@ 100% opponent strenght). Is it just my pc? Desperate for some conformation here!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Can't really help you with that request...

But I want to say thank you so much for your hard work... This mod is brilliant. I have one request though... Can you perhaps drop the multi cmp-philosphy? It sucks because it can't be getmodded. Well, it can but it's a hassle...

14. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Hi frenky, yesterday i did some testing on the new spa track and everything seemed to be fine. However, because this is a new track, i dont now how the laptimes compare to the old track. I ll check and report back to you.

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks man, and there is more to come! However, your request is technically not possible without leaving out the HUD. So that is why it is a multi-component. Sorry for that!

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Even after another complete reinstall (everything fresh), the AI is still 1.5 seconds slower. Not only this mod, but also FISI v1.60 suffers from it. I tested it at a fully rubbered-in Silverstone.

AI pole-time b1052: about 1:30.5
    AI pole-time b1080: about 1:32.2
    FISI v1.60 +1.2 seconds

Really strange...

17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Screw the HUD xD

18. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, a new update v1.34 is online! Changelog v1.34:

* Slightly increased CoG (+ 5-8 mm) !DONE!
    * Changed ABS and TC help to 40% - 70% - 90% (low - medium - high, was: 45% - 75% - 95%) !DONE!
    * Improved rake settings and calcs !DONE!
    * Tweaked ARB and diff settings !DONE!
    * Three more brake duct settings and one more radiator duct setting !DONE!
    * Tweaked leading car slipstream effect !DONE!
    * Tweaked Red Bull rake settings !DONE!
    * Rear ride height Red Bull can now be set 5 mm higher (to optimize rake) !DONE!
    * Fix naming bug in TBC files !DONE!
    * Small adjustments to the tire files !DONE!
    * Decreased level of detail for low end machines (*.GEN file, an attempt to improve FPS) !DONE!

Have fun racing!

PS: The rFMod has an improved Spa circuit in it!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2016
  19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Thanks a lot Frenky :)

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yes, thanks a million Frenky, this is much appreciated. :)