[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks for that Nibo. Have you also noticed an increase in FPS, or is that just me :p ?

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No, my FPS looks exactly the same for both versions.

3. enique

enique Registered

So far I've been enjoying 1.32. The car definitely is more likely to break loose given to much throttle (which not necessarily a bad thing), but I adjusted my throttle sensitivity from 100% to 50%. After making that change it feels really good. The brakes also for whatever reason do feel like they work better and much quicker to lock up. I've just been a little lighter on the brake peddle (to avoid lockup), but still seems to stop just as good as before or better. Not sure if there were changes to the brakes or maybe just the effect of implementing the CPM, but overall feels pretty good, I'm enjoying it. :)

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Loving the new ride Frenky. Brakes are fairly strong and take some time adjusting. Curious is it difficult to implement more engine modes with subtle HP differences rather than the 3 we currently have?

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m not faster with AI level low fuel. Same 1.24.

FISI has similar levels of grip. Spins in the same places. My times with FISI are in 1.26.x, AI in 1.25.x.

6. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks man!
    No, it is not difficult to implement more engine boost modes. Do you think there is a need for that? And do you want smaller steps between the modes, or say one ultra-fuel-saving mode extra?

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks for testing man, really appreciate this!
    But, you are saying that you are not faster with only a couple of laps of fuel, compared to a full tank?
    I just tested full tank vs. 5 laps tank at Barcelona myself. And with a full tank, I'm about 3 seconds slower (1:22 high vs. 1:26 low).

Are you really sure about the fuel?

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Uh I guess it couldn't hurt having more modes to add to the realism. I was thinking 10 as I think this is roughly what they have in real life. If you do can you please invert the logic we have today with the highest number being the more powerful of the modes. No real stress on all this mate. Just a little candy.. Did anyone reach out to help you with the new ISI sounds?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2016
  9. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I will add one extra "boost mode", now lowering RPM with 350 in stead of 500 and change the torque, wear and fuel saving accordingly. I don't want to have an enormous amount of settings, like for example the front wing of FISI 1.60 (where the last 6 settings don't add extra downforce, but do add extra drag...). I already have more suspension settings in the final v1.32.

Inverting is practically impossible, as the AI is not smart enough to change its boost setting. Therefore, I can't implement a real boost (more power and wear) as the AI don't use that and the player gets a too big advantage. So right now, only use the boost setting for:
    - saving fuel (the AI only have 95% of the player's fuel consumption)
    - slightly cooling down the engine (better use a higher radiator opening)

10. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Fair enough, happy with all that mate. cheers frenky!

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No, I had 100 liters yesterday, AI had about 34 liters. Today I tried 35 liters myself. So difference between 100 liters and 35 liters for me is not noticeable right away. Maybe thats because I struggle with low grip/oversteer a bit.

12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Allright, try detaching the rear spring (zero rear spring) and set rear wing to 68 degrees. That should improve things :)

13. JeDa

JeDa Registered

I like the handling and the new tyre model a lot. The car feels a little bit less stable but it is far better to control. Only thing i prefered in the older version are the brakes. Now they lock to easy i think. But overall great work frenky! Btw are you dutch?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you man and yes I'm Dutch (I know, you saw that because of my perfect English...)

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Final v1.32 is now online, both with and without the tracks. Download in the first post. This version brings CPM tires. Changelog:

* INCLUDED CPM tires and adjusted their grip levels and temperature behaviour !DONE!
    * Because of CPM, adjustments to the downforce !DONE!
    * Optimized flexible chassis and adjusting all inertia !DONE!
    * Improvements to the torque line of the engine file (12,500 - 16,250 RPM) as well as adding engine brake settings for gear 1-7 !DONE!
    * Very slightly adjustments to the drafting settings !DONE!
    * CoG + 5 mm, as well as slightly highering the position of the fuel tank !DONE!
    * 1 extra setting for the front and rear wing !DONE!
    * Rear spring can be detached !DONE!
    * Changed the brake settings, more inertia !DONE!
    * One extra engine boost setting, now every step decreases RPM with 350 in stead of 500 !DONE!
    * Better default setup !DONE!

16. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

Thank you very much!

17. Coanda

Coanda Registered

thank you kind sir :)

18. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thank You, my MAster!

Any changes in the trackpack since last version (Dez. 15)? TIA

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys!
    Nope, no changes in the trackpack.

20. enique

enique Registered

Thank you! Sounds great can't wait to try it.