[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks guys and I hope you all had a very good X-mas.

Now with the release of ISI Formula Master 1.60, CPM may also get to this mod. However, I'm a bit lost here and I could really appreciate some help.

Can someone upload a zip-file with the tire files from ISI Formula Master 1.60? I mean the whole tire package, so physics and graphics (maybe more?); all that is needed to let the tires run. I doesn't matter if it is comming from more than one MAS file.
    For some reason I tried implement stuff from these tires, but I ended up crashing rF2 or having zero grip on the rear with some tire compounds (only hard and supersoft... really strange...)

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Never mind my question above guys, I now have incorporate CPM in my tires. Thanks to some help to ONLY copy over the TGM files!

I can surely feel the difference! Even though I adjusted the grip levels in the TGM files to be the same as in the old ones (v1.31):
    - High speed cornering (> 280 kph) and there is a lot of understeer (from mid corner), so impossible to take Copse Corner flat. At first, it feels as if you can make the corner full throttle, but after mid corner, the front tires cannot carry the side load any more. Very realistic, allthough I think, I have to increase front downforce a little bit.
    - Very low speed cornering (hairpins, < 70 kph) and you have to be more accurate on the gas as the rear swifts away.
    - Mid speed cornering (160-240 kph) feels a little more stable now. Use an inlap in this speed region to warm up the tires.

It may be a placebo effect, but I think you need to warm up these tires more, to let them stick. Tomorrow, I will make some changes to the downforce and AI grip levels and see how the car behaves.

Stay tuned!

3. argo0

argo0 Registered

Terrific. Well done mate.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Nice one Frenky. Looking forward to the update. Say, any chance of taking the new sounds as well?

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I wish we could get a modder as talented and dedicated as Frenky to give these a 4K texture treatment.

And someone willing to implement the visor textures, because I can provide the files and config but not the graphics for a visor mod.

Frenky, are you planning to release a single package (Talent and Sound in the Vehicle folder)?

6. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys. I made some progress today, but I'm not totally satisfied. The problem is that the suspension / mechanical setup is too oversteering. The rear tires don't stick enough, allthough it certainly is not a tire nor a downforce problem.
    So the update v1.32 will definitely come after January 3rd.
    Single package will be a no-go, as in that case it is not possible to include the HUD.

New sounds, well, I have no idea how to do that. But if someone around here could make a new Sound MAS file that includes the new FISI sounds, I would happily include it in the update.

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello party people!
    Due to little time and of course, due to me wanting to give the audience something in the "old year", I decided to bring you guys a beta version of the next update with the CPM tires. Download in the link below:

EDIT: LINK DELETED, DOWNLOAD FROM FIRST POST

I'm so excited about this update. I've changed nearly everything and finally (I even don't know how) hitted about the sweet spot, I guess.

This beta version brings:
    - CPM tires (and yes, you really can feel the difference here; improved wet weather bhaviour) --> I've copied the FISI tires as a base and changed it grip levels (ISI soft is about F1RFT medium and so on) and behaviour under temperature
    - Improved flex chassis and adjusting all inertia's of the teams
    - because of CPM tires, slightly increased front downforce as well as soften the springs and dampers (you can now drive with the rear spring detached)
    - Improvements to the torque line of the engine file (12,500 - 16,250 RPM) as well as adding engine brake settings for gear 1-7
    - Small adjustments to the drafting settings (especially side effect and influence on front wing)
    - Increased Center of Gravity with 2-3 mm as well as repositioning the fuel tank
    - There is now 1 extra setting for both the front and the rear wing available (comes with a heavty drag price)

Even this beta is the biggest update for me, since I started this project. I tested with the Red Bull car and that one works fine. Please let me know what you think of this version. Please report bugs. If all goes well, I will upload the final v1.32 within a week. I will also make a rFmod version (with the tracks).

Have fun racing!

EDIT: I would also suggest to get rid of your setups; they won't work well with v1.32. Please start from the default settings

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  8. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Thanks for this Frenky.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Sounds like a very significant update.
    Thank you so much for this. :)

10. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers Frenky your a champ! No solid feedback from me today. To many pre NY drinks going on here... It sure is different though, plenty of grip, feel & turn in. I like it. Somebody please help Frenky add the new sounds. I would if I could. He has done so much for us... Cheers again!

11. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

Great update Frenky, thank you!

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe brakes are too effective in v1.32? I found that I can brake much later than before.

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Really? I haven't noticed that. The brakes are about the same as FISI 1.60, even a tiny bit less effective. Are you driving with ABS?
    Probably an effect of the CPM tires, rather than the brakes itselves

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No, I use no aids. I`ll try to drive more today or tomorrow, to compare with FISI.

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

After comparing with FISI, I can say that for me it definitely feels like v1.32 cars decelerate more effectively (also compared to versions before 1.32). It feels like they have little bit less inertia (if car or tires is responsible for that I don`t know), so braking distances are a bit shorter and car is easier to turn into corner late under the braking. Maybe thats how it should be, I can not say that its super wrong. So if you comfortable with it, ignore my report.

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Interesting mate, thanks for the feedback. I still haven't noticed that, maybe that's a downside for me as a keyboard player.

Less inertia may indeed be the case, as the CPM tires and flex chassis now use their "own inertia model" (difficult to explain exactly). That is also copied over from FISI 1.60. I personally think with the 2013 F1 cars you could indeed turn in and brake at the same time. Actually I even think fast drivers change their brake balance for every corner: top speed to very low speed --> more brake balance to the front. But in the end, I will slightly increase the brake disc inertia!

How are your laptimes compared to both v1.31 and AI v1.32? Can you keep up with them, as I think the AI is super quick...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
  17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`ll have to test for AI times tomorrow.

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Run races in Barcelona (Mercedes car) with versions 1.32 and 1.31. My lap times are in 1.24.x with both versions despite very different handling (see below). AI in v1.31 is 3-4 seconds faster than me, in v1.32 - 2-3 seconds faster. But I noticed only now that they have 30% less fuel on start than me... I hope this test was not entirely worthless. I can try to run a race with AI fuel levels tomorrow.
    Here are 2 race reports if you need.
    View attachment 18923

After direct comparison of two versions, I can say that 1.32 has much less grip (mainly lateral I think), which is making driving it much harder. I prefer 1.31 grip and confidence in the car. Right away when leaving pit garage car has much more wheel spin, than in 1.31. Then its very distinct how in 1.32 I can loose the car in T3 in 4-5 gear, also in T9. At the exit of slow turns I`m just starting to accelerate very gradually and still it tends to go into spin. Also with 1.32 its impossible to attack last chicane, as soon as I upset suspension a little bit on the kerb, car wants to spin. Also in 1.32 front of the car reacts too much to little movements of the steering wheel. 1.31 allows me to make micro-corrections more easily.

So to sum up, v1.32 spins too easy in low gears with just a little throttle applied, spins to easy in fast turns if I`m not careful and spins too easy when going over kerbs. But still has almost the same lap time and brakes more effectively than 1.31.

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hey thanks for testing Nibo.
    Final v1.32 will have other brake settings (more inertia) and a 1% slower AI (2% in wet conditions). The final version will also have better default settings (especially front wing and supsension settings; softer rear), so wheel spin should less occur.

After looking at your zip file, I can see that the pole time is slower than the fastest lap of the race, which is not the case with my installation. I use only 4 laps and max 20 minutes Qualli time. That way, AI use less fuel.
    About the fuel; the AI always take so much fuel as needed to finish the race/qualli (I think, with a safety factor). Have you changed your fuel level accordingly? That must be done in the setup screen, general settings.
    Fuel has a high influence on performance and with the upcoming rF2 build the CoG of the fuel tank will also change depending on the fuel load, so its influence on performance will be even bigger. I guess it can easily account for 2 seconds.

Can / are you willing to test with right fuel settings? And maybe you can compare more with FISI 1.60 in stead of v1.31?
    Thanks in advance!

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, I`ll try low fuel run tomorrow. Today I was running with default setup (100 liters of fuel).