[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, I can confirm that KERS is NOT working. At least not the variable ENGINEBOOSTMOD in combination with existing boost modes (for fuel saving). So no KERS possible right now.

I'm working on improving tire temps and pressures for both AI and player. It is a little bit better now (I think). For the player, the tires are more critical / dependent on optimum tire temps (which I have increased). So expect a lower grip level, when falling "of the cliff", especially when temps are too low.
    Right now I noticed some strange behaviour about AI pitting for new tires. They pit for new tires, although I'm quite sure (by looking at their lap times) their tires aren't worn off that much. Even more, on hard tires, AI is able to drive their fastest lap times at Silverstone on lap 15-20. And then they pit on lap 20. So now I'm really confused why the pit, assuming their tires are good enough. So this one needs further testing I think. Maybe the Softness variable in the TBC file has something to do with this? Anyone that can explain what this figure exactly does? I have searched for it, but I haven't found more than "for AI strategic use only"...

About RaceEvents. Well basically this is the same as an rFmod, right? I like that too, but the majority here prefer the vehicle and locations seperated.
    About steam. Well, I don't have problems to put the mod on Steam, actually it may give more publicity. But I don't have steam :p. Maybe there is someone that can help here?

2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

This is really fun, well done on the updates from the original.

Only gripe is, drivers are way too inconsistent, i.e. Vettel is 15th one race, 1st the next, on pace. Guess that is due to game code though.

3. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yes, it is most likely the game code.

BTW guys, next week I will also plan an update for about 10 tracks of the trackpack. It will also solve a DRS bug at Interlagos (that was available everywhere during qualli in stead of only the DRS zones)

Have fun racing!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  4. rio

rio Registered

I have a "All Tracks & Cars_10" file in this folder. So should both files there? If I override "All Tracks & Cars_10" file with that file you mentioned, some basic rules are messed up, like autoboxing will not wait at red light and so on...

I still prefer a single raceEvent for this, like shown on this side:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554544322

PS: besides this tracks & cars are superb. Good work.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

The "All Tracks & Cars_10" file can savely be overwritten.
    Well about the rFmod / raceEvent, I will think about this as an optional download. But it depends on available server storage (file size will be more than 4 GB).

6. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Multi-part archives are always an option.

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

It helps if you set AI Limiter to Zero, then the difference between drivers becomes more pronounced. In my version this does not happen - also check if the talent files are in the right place.

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, v1.31 is uploaded. Download in the first post. Changelog:

* Optimized tire temps and optimum tire pressure for both AI and player (please let me know if this is better/more realistic!)
    * Optimized fuel laps calculation figure
    * Expanded the weight distribution setting --> you can now drive wiht slightly more weight on the front

Note that this version is made together with the comming big update of the trackpack. The new trackpack is planned before X-mas and will replace 11 tracks with better/newer versions. All the tracks will have improvements in grip levels and AI driving lines.
    Stay tuned and have fun racing!

9. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Yeah was 0% by default, never touched it.

10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

An rFmod version can now be downloaded in the first post. It includes the parc-ferme rules.

11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

12. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX again!

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, the new trackpack can be downloaded from the first post. Every track got grip level adjustments, as well as AI improvements. Besides that, 11 tracks got replaced by improved versions. I would certainly try it out, if I was you.
    You can also choose between the Hockenheimring and the Nürburgring.

Have fun racing!

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for all your hard work mate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

15. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

thanks for your work Frenky, just a question
    which of these two links has the tracks updated?

1B. Version WITH the tracks (4.0 GB, rFmod, including rFm (parc-ferme rules))
    https://mega.nz/#!DQ4VwDjJ!FrQ9o0PS8...WntAzT6CYCEuqM

2. Trackpack (3 GB, zip file containing 19 tracks/single-components, choose between Hockenheimring and Nürburgring))
    https://mega.nz/#!ThYlyZrQ!KJeWhYZyf...5vEKgKHGBNhgrQ

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Both the rFmod, as well as the trackpack have the updated tracks!

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Serious question--how do these tracks compare to the RaceRFactor tracks? I know there must be differences/preferences or you wouldn't have bothered doing them. Just because a 3 GB download may not be available to all, can you just describe the basics?

Love the 1.31 car, by the way. Amazing work--thanks!

18. Frenky

Frenky Registered

About half of the trackpack are RaceRFactor tracks. I always use their latest versions, so graphicswise there are no differences (as I don't edit graphics). There are differences in the following areas:
    - track grip (sometimes lower, sometimes higher (especially India and Korea))
    - more AI racing lines; effect probably only visible after you let the AI do some "track learning" (should lower AI crashing/spinning after learning and might slightly improve laptimes)
    - Standardized the AI speed at the lowest, 100% and highest AI strenght setting. Now it is always 80%, 100% and 120% respectively (Hungaroring for example was too easy @ 100% AI strenght; it effectively was at 95% or so)
    - corrected race laps, DRS zones, DRS availability (both in session as well as after passing the detection point 3 times), fuel usage, number of starting lights, pits speed limit during sessions, session times and duration for 2013, and some other "basic stuff" to work correctly with the mod

19. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Frenky & Lgel you continue to amaze me. I have had almost a year off sim racing and the new updates you bring are a treat. Cheers guys!

20. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Didn't test much lately was involved elesewhere. So full credit is due to Frenky and GCCRacer here.