[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

You should add KERS, surely it can't be that hard to add, can it?

2. alrischa

alrischa Registered

Ooooh great for the chassis flex! Thanks! I try this today.
    Do you know if CPM is on ?

3. rio

rio Registered

Hi,

is it possible to provide a RaceEvent "F1 2013" for this, instead of Allcarstracks_10.MAS?
    It would make me glad.

Thanks,
    rio

4. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks guys.
    Yes, I could add KERS for the player, with the variable ENGINEBOOSTMOD in the engine.ini file. However, I haven't seen the AI using it. And because it would give the player a big advantage, I decided against it (till now).

@ Rio, what do you mean with RaceEvent exactly? And what is the advantage of it? I assume you know there is an Allcarstracks download that gives you the possibility of having "parc-ferme" rules.

5. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

It would be pretty awesome if you could add KERS, I mean, if people think it gives them too much of an advantage they can always not use it, right? It is a singleplayer mod after all.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ah, I see. The funny thing is by activating what's not there, the RPM gets murdered. The tire issue may be beyond this mod, as it's got to do with previous tire model. I find the temperatures to still go a bit too hot too fast, and like I said, you must use the minimum pressure possible.

I'm very happy the cars are different, engine power may be similar on most but some aero differences are nice. How feasible would it be to take one car's performance (say, Red Bull or maybe a mid-field car like Ferrari) and spread across the board for a League Edition tuning option? I have been evaluating F1 mods to present to the owner of my league and honestly, there is no other viable alternative. The cars are extremely easy to drive so they are very welcoming to drivers of all levels.

Anyway, more about the cars. I have found that at slow speeds, for best example the exit of 1st chicane at Monza, sometimes the car will go on a "lazy" very low speed understeer. Also it is quite possible the drag coefficient for the wings is too elevated. In a Toro Rosso I was zooming up quickly to others' gearboxes even without DRS and before optimizing my setup for the track.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

One last question/request for now:

Can each team have its own car classification so places like LiveRacers can display overall fastest times broken down by each team instead of one car above the rest? If that messes with the rest of the game and proper classification then nevermind.

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks for your great feedback man. Really appreciate that!
    Will add KERS and test that later.
    Question for you about the tires. I will dig into it and decrease the rate at which temps are increasing. Do you think that the percentage decrease of this rate should be the same for all tire compounds? So say, I multiply the rate with 75%, should I use the same percentage for all compounds?
    My personal feeling about this is the following. I think it is all about the wear. Yesterday I (as a keyboard player) drove 10 laps on the super soft at Montreal. Tires front and rear in 10 laps go from green to red. I can feel that I lost nearly all grip and by lap 10 I spun in the last chicane. However, I think the wear of these super softs are about fine, as they were built in reality to last only 8-14 laps.
    Still, I'm also thinking about increasing the optimal tire temp. It may be about 10 degrees Celsius too low.

Your last question, well, I do not play online. So I'm not interested in making a league edition. If you only know the basics of modding, you know enough to make a league edition by yourself: after extracting the MAS files of the vehicle component, delete all the HDV files exept the one you want to have for your league. Then you only have to reference the VEH files to that HDV file. Save and re-package. Done :)

9. Frenky

Frenky Registered

If you mean like old Codemaster titles are doing: put a couple of teams in a certain class, then I don't know if that is possible. But one could create the same effect by having only 3 or 4 different car physics. I'm not interested in doing that myself, as the driver talent file at the moment is unable to make up for differences in the order of 1-1,5 seconds caused by car physics differences.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think all tires should be altered by the same percentage but perhaps not as dramatic as 75%. Maybe 90% of the current should suffice.

Driving on keyboard, were you using steering assist at least on low? That way you can kind of have better input. I don't remember the compounds used in Canada, I would have to look it up. But 10 laps on the super soft in a 1:15ish track isn't too bad. When you say red, do you mean 2 or 3 full squares left? If so, then it should still offer grip albeit maybe 1s slower, and be decreasing at a more rapid pace once it hits that threshold. I feel the way the temperature spikes contributes to increased wear. Go on a corner with a bit more load on the tire and the temp will sky rocket and you can see 1/3 of a box go away in certain cases.

Regarding wear, I would have to drive quite a bit more because I don't think it would be something to be changed at the same % value across the board. We can't have people going on Super Softs for unrealistic amount of laps, I remember times when there were only 8 good laps taken out of them. Lastly about optimal tire temperature, I honestly can't give the exact range as I find myself running very low temps as much as I can because of the heating/wear behavior on pretty much all cars. But once you get to 90-110º, cooling suffers and it's so easy for the temperatures to elevate very quickly and not decrease as much. It does so until you get the rears to spike at 130º or higher, and the tires turn into butter and all grip is gone. I don't know what parameters you have to play with to address that :p.

I was fearing you were going to tell me to do that myself, hahaha. If the guys like the mod I will look into it. I'd love to just take the easy way out and hand out weight penalties based on car level, would keep it interesting.

11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

No, I don't use any steering help or stability control. I have the feeling that if I use those aids, I would drive a train rather than an F1 car :p.
    I only use ABS and TC (both low) as well as an automatic clutch.

I just read an interesting topic about some rF2 problems of the tires, their temps and pressures. Give me some time to carefully look for improvements in this area.

12. rio

rio Registered

I have not test that, but I use ISI raceEvents files which bundles the defined tracks with defined cars.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/single-player-race-events-explained.113502/
    http://simhqmotorsports.com/forums/...9-rf2-steam-tutorials-on-creating-raceevents/

Thats the only way I use rF2, so that i don't mix up any non-sense track/car. It would be nice if F1 2013 mod can have this too..

13. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

You do realize that there is nothing stopping any car from driving on any track, right? The only exception is karts, and all the kart tracks have kart in the name, and possibly the classic tracks, which are pretty obvious. There is no reason to only use race events and stop yourself from enjoying some more interesting combinations.

14. rio

rio Registered

I know that I am able to drive every car on every track using Allcarstracks option, and thats the fact confusing me. I prefer using RaceEvents.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It certainly could be if the game doesn't do it.

Have you confirmed this with rF2? I've seen this floating around a few times but I believe it's from an old rF1 mod. If rF2 does do power demand at all I don't know if it can be regulated. Would be interested to know though.

16. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

I'm 99% sure rF2 does KERS.

17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Power demand should be KERS, right?

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep.

Got a mod that has it? More importantly for F1 use, got a mod with KERS that's limited to a number of seconds per lap?

19. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

'fraid not.

20. rio

rio Registered

it would be nice if that mod gets into steam workshop.