[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks Frenky, I'll try tonight.

It's weird because even accounting for the shader change after build 770, normally "newer" tracks don't crash, and should certainly not crash in 930.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How do you know the precise information for CoG from the cars, and where can we find it? Also, there was that sneaky photo of Kimi with a Lotus mechanic that captured part of the car's setup sheet. His ride height was something like 3.1cm and 7.1cm or whatever.

3. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@ Guimengo,
    Exact figures for the CoG of 2013 cars aren't avaiable. I however have the data of the Marussia 2012 and the Mercedes 2014 cars. I read somewhere, I don't know where exactly, that the CoG from 2013 to 2014 raised with 32-40 mm. So, if the Mercedes 2014 has a CoG of 205 mm, the top 2013 cars are in the range 165-170 mm. Which is about 5 mm higher than I have in the mod 1.21.

That sheet of Kimi. Well, maybe it was a little bit raining that day. F1 cars then actually put the car higher, to let the rain tyres work better. Look for example also the Q of the Sepang race 2 days ago.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

2015 is quite different to 2014 which is quite different to 2013. I don't recall from which weekend the picture was taken.

Ok, I just found it. Valencia 2012. Here.

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

60 mm rear and 32 mm front. No date of the event is mentioned, although the setup sheet is printed in January 2012. The values are totally comparable with the default settings of my mod :D (I already said that 46 mm rear ride height is a bit low if you drive 100% races. Remember that you are not allowed to change ride height from Q to race (unless it is a wet Q).

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

January 20, 2012. That looks like 80mm to me, though I was also very surprised when I first saw it.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Also the rain tires themselves raise the cars up a bit compared to the dry tires.
    They have a bit higher profile it seems?

Just learned that during the GP weekend, I never knew. :)

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Rain tires are slicks with fancy cuts (and makes you want to bite them)

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No, they have treads. Slicks don't have enough carcass to cut into without puncturing. So if you want a silly description, they are slicks with tread sections glued on to the outside of them, hence making them larger overall.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Giant fancy slicks with fancy cuts that look very chewable.

11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Working on final v1.24, but will be a couple of days on holiday. I just saw that a new rF2 build has come out as well as an updated Sepang track.
    Two things I noticed:
    1. the changelog of the new rF2 build doesn't mention that there are bugs solved in the MAS tool. So in 6 days I will try if I can succesfully make an rFmod. The last 8 attempts with build 930 failed... (not listing tracks and vehicles in-game, although they are correctly installed)
    2. first test with beta v1.24 at the new Sepang results in AI constantly spinning of in the last right-sided corner of the track. The end up with two left wheels on the left curbs and then spin due to a lack of grip. So in the moment, I'm unsure if this trackversion is actually an improvement for my mod.

The rest of the improvements in v1.24 so far:
    * High-res mirrors, big thanks to Lgel! !DONE!
    * Again, slightly improved AI, slightly less CPU power will be used for suspension calculations !DONE!
    * Slightly bigger gaps in engine power !DONE!
    * Completely removed more than 100% grip advantages when using the TC or ABS aid. Now the low and high settings is a percentage of the 100% total available tyre grip (in stead of a percentage of more than 100% of the tyre grip) !DONE!
    * Standardized the Aid penalties (extra fuel/weight in the fuel tank) to the same figures for all my mods !DONE!
    * Very small physics adjustments to maintain the 2nd half of 2013 balance !DONE!
    * Improvements on the brake power. More brake power is now available, more in line with the Marussia 2012 !DONE!
    * Corrected buttons on the Lotus steering wheel. Big thanks again to Lgel and GCCRacer (testing) !DONE!
    * Increased AI tyre grip with 6%. This way you should have a good challenge with AIStrenght set to 100% !DONE!
    * Removed pace car (was causing graphics problems for some people). Safety car is still in the mod! To let it work correctly in the version without the tracks a separate rFm MAS will be offered as a download !DONE!
    * Tracks version: improved Melbourne !DONE!
    * Tracks version: substitute Suzuka for the FSR version !DONE!
    * Tracks version: update Sepang with the latest ISI version --> unsure if I will do this. First tests show AIW problems

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Sounds good Frenky. Looking forward to v1.24.

:cool: :)

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks man. V1.24 will probably come on Thursday.

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello party people!

I have uploaded v1.24, see post #1. Be sure to read the description, as I have changed the download procedure.
    Due to I'm having problems with the MAS tool (let's not say that those are ISI bugs :p), I'm unable to make a fully working rFmod version with the tracks and the 2013 F1 rules. I therefore have decided that I will offer from now on:
    1. A multi-component with the vehicles, sound, talent and HUD, but without the tracks. It is about 600 MB.
    2. A separate trackpack of about 3 GB. A zip file containing the 19 tracks of 2013. In the zip file there are 20 single-components. 20, Because I have decided to include the old RaceRfactor Sepang circuit, as well as the newest ISI one. The reason I have included the old version, is because I found out that the AI, dure the race, sometimes simply spin off the track in the newest ISI version. Note that you can only have one Sepang version installed. So choose if you want the old or the new version.
    3. A separate rFm MAS file, the allcarstracks_10.MAS, containing the 2013 f1 rules (file size about 5 MB). This includes the parc ferme options. Make sure to backup your old MAS file. This file won't harm other mods, but the 2013 f1 rules will also be applied on other mods.

I specially want to thank both Lgel (it is him that did the high-res mirrors!!!) as well as GCCRacer for their help!

Have fun racing!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Your welcome man! And thanks for the great and good hint!

BTW, I recommend to download and install the allcarstracks_10.MAS in case you have problems with black mirrors or the safety car. The MAS file includes a fix for that.

17. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I've made a few laps at China, it's just great, both cars and track.
    Thank you:)

Envoyé depuis mon SM-N9005 avec Tapatalk

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Frenky...

Not had time to test v1.24 out yet but just wondering. Do the tracks have real road?

:)

19. argo0

argo0 Registered

I tried the 1.23 version a couple of weeks ago. I liked it, thanks a lot. Will try the new version soon hopefully.

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yes all tracks have real road
    Thanks guys and have fun racing!