[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello GCCRACER,

I think it is a personal choice, for me the balance of sounds is perfect (I play with headphones, may explain that).

I would rather raise tire noise or change it for one more shrill (a F1 tire heavily solicited doesn't make a sandpaper noise, it squeals as if it really hurt), made that for my version of FISI 2012.

I was at the 2015 test in Barcelona, and in slow corners the tires are louder than the motor when they try fast laps.

Yes I know 2015 cars are no so loud as they were in 2013.

I was there in 2013 also and cars were loud at full trottle and high revs, very loud if you were near the axis of exhaust (car going away from you, not so loud if you were sideways, and at mid throttle (without ear plugs, and cars passing one by one, it was winter testing)).

Cheers.

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Are you also driving the Lotus? Maybe it varies by car...

For me, in any crowd of two or three AI cars, on default I really can't make out my engine anymore.

I switched to Frenky's mod from ASR '91 Ferrari, so I was really used to a very, very clear and loud engine tone.

OTOH the tires were as loud and clear as I would wish the engine to be.

It's really a matter of personal preference and if there aren't more people voting to change, it's no issue to do my own repack :)

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I also mainly drive the Lotus...

But I value my hearing and avoid over exposition to high level noise.

But as you say repackaging is a breeze, especially if you use Noel's Hibbard tools.

Cheers.

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Good point, I really should train myself to enjoy lower sound levels. However, it wouldn't change the "mix", i.e. the inability to hear the own engine.

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

So time to go to bed. The uploads are already running for some hours. Hopefully they will be ready within the next 24 hours. I'm sorry that this version doesn't include the sound changes (I was already uploading my files). I have never touched those files, although I think the sound for locking the tyres should be a little bit louder. But I do not really care a lot about this.

BTW, my historic version for the ASR 1992 F1 mod has been released by ASR. I'm planning to update this one also!

Stay tuned!

6. Frenky

Frenky Registered

V1.23 Online

Hello party people,

v1.23 is online. Download links (also in first post):

Link with the tracks 3.38 GB:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!pQISnAjC!kzj-Azn7BotBLB74fJmpsxkKRyK-ioFQdBRYLQNU0l8

Link without the tracks 0.6 GB:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!xZwUza4J!wsGWX7MMqPlwlNX9OTnvXbVGCb8u1eDvsgKOm0EWG14

Note that these are both multicomponents. There is no rFmod version, because the MAS tool of build930 is bugged. Note also that no more updates are planned, but if bugs or improvements are found/suggested I may still update the mod.

I welcome your feedback. Please let me know your fastest laptimes on Monza or the ISI tracks (Silverstone, Interlagos, Sepang).

Have fun racing!

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Frenky many thanks for this "unexpected" update. :)
    Hopefully I'm able to drive a decent lap time :p
    We will see :D

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Today, I again got a nice gift from someone here on the forum :D. He just did it! He managed to make high-res mirrors. Big, big thanks :D. Of course, this will be incorporated in version v1.24, that will come after the next rF2 build.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh boy, great news!

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Wow, this keeps getting better.

Regarding Version 1.23, I find that I'm shredding front tires faster than before in 1.22, with the same setup. Does this make sense?

Frenky, sent you a PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks, got your PM and answered it already.
    Hmm, strange. Anyone else that has more front tire wear?

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

To GCCRacer, was your setup designed for this version of the Lotus?

If not, you are may be understeering more than you thought.

I am not an expert tuner, but this was my solution:

I had to drastically reduce front ride height (Min front packers, min height front, Front spring at 120 N/M) and rise front wing to 33, decrease rear wing to 57) at Sao Paolo, raise rear (23 packers, 46 mm ride height, 80N/mm springs with 11 laps fuel, 3rd spring front 272 N/mm, 19mm packers, rear 200 N/mm packers 8mm) to obtain desired rake of approx 9mm at 200 km/h turns, accept to run with some rake in straights. Check also your brake balance, I wonder if default has not changed, had to change it to get back to F 55 R 45.

I had balanced tire temp between front and rear at Sao Paolo, but I am still slower than with previous version. I can hear often now "AI si faster than you in the headhones"...

Sure that Frenky can give you better tips.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I increased pressure slightly to match default setup value (was running slightly lower in my custom setup from 1.19), and now it's better. Motec showed ~25 degrees more temp, and what appeared to be a slower cool down.

Yep, maybe brake balance also needs some adjustment again, but I managed to run for my "usual" position in Q after checking the pressure.

So, nothing major, though initially it drove me mad, it was like I had no front grip at all.

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Well, you two already gave the best tips :p. Note two things:
    1. I would say that 46 mm rear ride height is certainly not that high, from my experience it is rather low. You should setup the Red Bull rear even higher!
    2. The Lotus has (and had in reality) a tendency to understeering. If you don't like that, try the Torro Rosso :p

Also note that I'm working on a v1.24 with slightly lower optimum rakes (1-2 mm lower) for the Mercedes, Ferrari, Lotus and McLaren. V1.24 will also has improved brakes as well as a little improved AI accuracy. Due to the increased CoG the v1.22/1.23 does feel as slightly less grippy compared to older versions. Some subtle changes will correct that also in v1.24.
    I will wait till ISI brings out a new build of rF2, because:
    - I read that there is a change that ISI will improve the Sepang circuit;
    - hopefully ISI will solve the problem I have with the MAS tool. So I can make an rFmod again.

Have fun racing!

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Frenky...

Just wondering if the tracks have changed at all since v1.19?

I have the v1.19 tracks so won`t download the v1.23 with tracks if they haven`t changed in any way.

:)

***Edit***

Just noticed your planning a v1.24 so will maybe wait for that version but would still like to know about the tracks if possible.

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@tjc and others:
    v1.24 comes out after the next build of rF2. I'm already testing it. v1.24 will contain an updated Melbourne track (from RaceRfactor).
    A lot of tracks have been replaced going from v1.19 to v1.20 (check the changelog). So it still may be worth to download it.

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Practiced a bit more with 1.23, and can now beat the AI again. My tire wear is higher per lap, but acceptable... maybe some setup changes in order.
    I'm getting to like the new feeling, it's not quite as "point and shoot" as 1.22 but still not too harsh to drive consistent.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok, will do.

Thanks Frenky. :)

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Speaking of the new Melbourne track, anyone else has troubles with it when running this mod? I even temporary upgraded to B930, but either in B770 or B930, I get crashed upon loading, or "empty sky" load where most 3d objects aren't generated. Then sometimes it will load fine in between.
    I know it uses newer shaders than B770, but even so the ISI stuff loads fine, and there's no reason it should do that in the latest build where the shaders are 100% compatible. It's not maxing out my RAM either.

The track is over at Racedepartment if you want to test.

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I don't have that problem, but I always edit the tracks myself (to conform 2013 rules, f.e. DRS). See below a link to the edited RaceRfactor Melbourne v2.07 track. Do you have problems with this version as well? This will be the version/component I use for v1.24 of my mod with the tracks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!oVY0gDIY!gEYIZNfjesBG15SYEFvpB8rvkfZSwDoB2HLTE6MnG5I