[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thanks for the update :cool:.

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

You're welcome man!

3. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Registered

Really ? I'll try to find that guy, I too have zero skills in all this... but I have a good relation with WCP and I also read that they are open to rF2 conversion of their mods.

4. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Would be great. I hope they will make an F1 2015 mod then!

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Right now this mod is about as much as a 2GB GFX card can handle at highest settings. If it were any more, you'd kill a lot of systems...

And with all respect since it's just my personal opinion, I think the 2015 season will suck. 18 cars on the grid, no engine sounds...

6. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Frenky for your work. Im seeing a f1RFT2013 2.0 in my mod manager but isnt 1.21 the latest version? not sure if my pc is struggling but sounds seem a bit choppy as well?

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks!
    Hmm, that is strange. The mod, as well as the vehicles component should be v1.21. Maybe you mean the sound component? That is v2.1. I haven't changed the sounds however. That is still the same as it was with Sompir's version.
    Maybe re-install the mod?

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello party people,

I'm planning a last and really final v1.22 of this mod. After this update, no more updates are planned (as I want to shift my attention to other mods). I'm planning to upload it thursday or friday. Changes in v1.22:
    * Different engine power and torque lines for every team. Difference between best and worst engine 2-3 bhp (not much, but I finally will introduce this) !DONE!
    * More sensitive damage settings, based on knowledge from other mods !DONE!
    * Less advantage for the human in case traction control and ABS are on !DONE!
    * Finally some good attempts to improve the AI, based on knowledge from other mods. You may decrease AI strenght by some % !DONE!
    * Again very small and subtle changes to the thermal properties of the engine. Now radiator setting 1-3 should be used for hotlaps or 3 laps race max. Setting 4 or 5 is for 25-75% races, Setting 6 and 7 for 100% races cold resp. hot ambient temperature. Be warned! !DONE!

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Frenky that's awesome :cool:.
    Looking forward to this update.
    I really hope with "shift my attention to other mods" you mean rF2 mods :rolleyes: ?

10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Of course I mean rF2 :p. I tried AC and pCars and they both have their advantages, but the physics of rF2, if all works as it should, are the best. Personally I like the feeling of the brakes in AC more than in rF2, but that is the only thing I really noticed and remembered.

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Frenky, I am a fan of this mod with your physics.
    Can you share what new means you found to improve AI speed? I like to tinker myself with cars for my own enjoyment off line.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yes, I'd be curious about that myself.

Right now the AI at 100% is about 1 sec slow at Interlagos, compared to my driving (and I'm not a really good driver). Wasn't an issue, just maybe needed to raise % a little. Will be interesting to see how you improved that.

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I'm happy to hear that. Not because I'm against the other sim's.!
    I feel and see it in the same way as you.
    I really enjoy your 'deep dive' physic mods and also the very interesting discussions here.
    I'm really looking forward to the update and of course to your next project.
    Keep up the excellent work mate !

Many thanks for all until now :)

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yes of course. I have increased the "AIMinPassesPerTick" variable to 10. This doesn't do wonders in terms of AI laptimes, of course. But it gives slightly more realisitic suspension behaviour of the AI.
    What did improve laptimes for the AI, was decreasing the "AIDownforceZArm" from 5 cm to 2.5 cm. What I already knew was, that there is a difference between the center of gravity and a virtual point on which all the net pressures (forces) acts. The latter is called the center of pressure. I've never quite understand in what direction this offset is taken from and what possitive is and what negative. I therefore also have never changed it from the original F1RFT2013 mod by Sompir.
    I recently saw that this value was 0 for the ASR 1992 F1 mod and 9 cm for the BT20 v1.60 of ISI. I also discovered that every car in my own historic version of the ASR 1992 f1 mod, easily accelerates away from me, even if it has 100 bhp less. But that isn't the case with the other two mentioned. So I halved this value in this mod and increased it actually in the ASR 1992 F1 mod. Now, it feels like I'm driving humans rather than aliens.

That's about it :p.

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Last and final version v1.22 online!

Many thanks guys!!!

I have a present for you. The last and final version v1.22 will be uploaded and online in a couple of minutes. Have fun racing!

EDIT: !DONE!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks for your mod, that I'll test this W-E, and for your explanations.

I never changed this AIDownforceZArm (I wanted to know but was affraid to ask ...).

I remember that by myself, I tried every trick to improve the AI of the original mod to no avail.

Instead of changing power curves, I use this approach to obtain quick results:

UpgradeType="Engine Power Changes"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="On"
    {
    Description="Off Line Edition"
    HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=GeneralPowerMult=1.35
    }
    UpgradeLevel="Off"
    {
    Description="Ligue Edition"
    HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=GeneralPowerMult=1.0
    }

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You da man, man! Thank you. I know what I'll be doing tonight. :)

18. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys! @Lgel. I'm aware of those settings. Actually, I define those "GeneralPowerMult*" settings in every HDV file, rather than in an upgrade file. As for an offline/historic/single player version I need different physics for every team. In your case it is only possible to change the power, torque and engine braking outputs for every team (and not for example drag and downforce levels).

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

What so fast :D ?

downloading now thx cuuuuuuu

20. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You are doing it the right way, and each hdv in your mod is different.

I use upgrade files to obtain a quick and dirty result, and then, is there is an interesting result, I go further.

I agree that it is the same work to have it in an hdv or in an upgrade file, but before finding this parameter I changed the whole power curve (many, many trial and errors).

Sompir modding remains at the top, and still sets a benchmark difficult to match for many.

Thanks again Frenky, I don't know how I will be able to wait till friday before lapping with the new version.