[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Interesting, I had no idea that DRS rules are defined per track. I edited the "Sessions" paramater under the RearFlap setting in my allcarsandtracks rFm to get the same effect.

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello party people. An update v1.21 will be coming soon. I found out that there was a tyre choice bug at Silverstone. You could choose all tyre compounds in stead of H/M. Changes v1.21:
    * Corrected tyre choice Silverstone to H/M (it was possible to choose all tyres) !DONE!
    * Very slightly increased downforce loss when in turbulent air !DONE!
    * Very minor changes on the engine (probably not noticible) !DONE!

Hopefully both the version with, as well as without the tracks will be uploaded in about 24 hours. Stay tuned!

Edit: v1.21 online!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
  3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I wish there was a way to get the AI onto certain tires on any track...

Thanks for the update!

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

BTW, if you ever get bored of modern F1 - the same overhaul to the 1992 ASR Formula One mod would be heaven. That's another season where we have a full car set, but they all run LE Physics. I have an RCD file, but that's not changing the player cars.

This one here is as close to perfection as we can currently get within RF2 for offline... many thanks!

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys! Well, actually I wanna drive my mod for some weeks now. After that, well there may be an F1 2015 or the 1992 ASR mod or maybe even a CART/Indycar mod. Will definitely dig into one of them.
    Have fun racing!

BTW, both the v1.20 and v1.21 of the mod with the tracks have some graphical issues with the starting lights. Only on a couple of tracks. I have no idea how to solve that (it is probably not solvable by "notepad editing") . It is not a big deal however (for me at least). DRS zones and starting times all work.

6. Frenky

Frenky Registered

There may be a possibility. I'm not sure if it even works. I assume you are using my mod without the included tracks?
    Download and install the mod version with the tracks.
    Make single components of the induvidual tracks you want to keep. For example, Silverstone, Sepang and Interlagos (as those are the ISI tracks). Name the tracks as follows (very important!) and make sure you choose "location" in MAS2.exe:
    "2013_Melbourne"
    "2013_MALAYSIA"
    "2013_CHINA"
    "2013_BAHRAIN"
    "2013_SPAIN"
    "2013_MONACO"
    "2013_MONTREAL"
    "2013_Silverstone"
    "2013_GERMANY"
    "2013_HUNGARORING"
    "2013_BELGIUM"
    "2013_MONZA"
    "2013_SINGAPORE"
    "2013_KOREA"
    "2013_SUZUKA"
    "2013_INDIA"
    "2013_ABUDHABI"
    "2013_USA"
    "2013_Interlagos"

Save the single components. Delete the mod version with the tracks if you want. Now download and install the mod without the tracks. After that install the single components (tracks) you want. The mod may recognize the tracks, as both my mod versions use the same "trackconfigsbase.ini" file, that defines the allowed tyres for the tracks.
    Let me know if that works. Of course, this way you have the ISI track with the 2013 f1 DRS rules. So only DRS in the 2 allowed DRS zones.

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Wow, not so easy...

I was hoping it would be possible to have the AI use the player setup (and so also my tires) but so far that wasn't successful with the "Fixed Setup" stuff.

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Looks like an rF2 bug to me.

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

@Frenky : "Change in Player file, so that the AI drive the same setup as you: Fixed Setups="1" and Fixed AI Setups="1" "
    what "player file"? .JSON ? .PLR? or both?

Thank you for your mod : great mod for me.

10. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

Hi Frankie
    Thanks for the mod I've just a question :Version with the 19 tracks of 2013 has inside the update mod to 1.21?

11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yes. Both mod versions are updated to v1.21

12. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

thank you mate :)

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Would that be working for you?

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I'm sorry, I was not very clear in my statement maybe.
    To be a little more precise: I think that it may be a bug that not all the settings are copied from the player set-up to the AI cars. In my test, fuel settings, advanced (suspension) settings as well as tyre choice are simply not copied over! I can understand for the advanced (suspension) part, because the AI use a simplified suspension system. But why are the fuel settings as well as the tyre choice not copied over?
    Another thing I discovered is: say for a certain track only hard and medium dry tyre compound is allowed (in the trackconfigsbase.ini file). The AI chooses always the harder compound. Also for very short (quick) races! ISI should at least make a calculation about the average life time of a compound and then based on the race lenght, let the AI choose the optimum, but allowed, tyre compound. In my opinion, the way it is now seems bugged to me.

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

You're welcome man!
    Yeah, you are right. That information is a bit outdated with the change to JSON file format. In my installation, with build b930, there are no PLR files any more. If you have this (newest) build, I think your PLR file isn't used any more. So the needed adjustments are in the JSON file.

16. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Thank you for the answer, Frenky.

17. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Registered

This mod needs to have better quality models for both the cars and the drivers, it also need higher resolution skins. I am thankful to RFT that they made this mod for rFactor 2, but it's far from being the best it could be. I wish someone would convert WCP 2013 and 2014 to rF2 with rF2 awesome tire model and animated driver with the good physics of this mod.

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Frenky for the new version.

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

True. But it already kills my CPU (i2500K) and GPU (ATI 7750) :p.
    Anyway, I cannot help you with this. As this requires more than "notepad editing" and I both don't have the programms and skills to change that.

Thanks BTW for pointing to WCP 2013 and 2014. There was a guy around here (or was it on RD?) that offered to convert rF1 mods into rF2 mods. Maybe you can ask him to convert those mods into rF2 mods?

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Any time man!