[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

to Coanda.

Did you read my P.M.?

Thank for your test, interesting data.

Cheers.

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

No matey I haven't gone through it yet. I am behind and sinking a little.. Sorry mate I am not ignoring you.

Just quickly this is what Lazza had to say on bump analysis sometime back. Thats the problem with all this type of analysis you really need access and also the understanding to do it. At least I have the access on this mod. The understanding well that's a different story. I'm trying though.

3. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I forgot to mention. Do you guys get black mirrors on racedays? Test days are fine for me..

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I was still with 1.17 and Build 770. For me black mirrors are associated to the Mercedes Sls Pace Car (maybe a new build has put this pace car instead of Clio PC), I can't test until end September. Is Pace car appearing in test days? I don't remember.

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers lgel. Now I remember. I cant win either way.The Clio gives me massively overexposed mirrors whilst the SLS now gives me black mirrors. B798 64b.

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I read a post relative to special effects in graphic options of the game (I don't remember exactly if it was special effects), the poster said new objects appeared on the track, I tried it and to my surprise the overexposed mirrors problem went off...

May be you could try.

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I just tried all "special effects" settings and no dice. Cheers for the suggestion though. No stress, for now I can just run test days with 40 cars & go and pick a fight..

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I noticed this in the hdv. The 2013 regulations state a maximum of 1.8m.

VehicleWidth=1.90

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Nothing to worry about. It is actually not the width of the car itselves, but the width of the wake (turbulent air) behind the car. So it means you have 5 cms apart from both sides of the rear wheels where you have the "normal rear wake". If you are sideways, but you have not passed him (so you are actually not leading that car), you suffer a loss in downforce and drag based by the figure "SideEffect=0.4". So I guess, you then have a 40% effect of the normal rear wake.

11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

View attachment 13987 View attachment 13988
    I could not reproduce the graphical bug with the Mercedes SLS pace car, see screenshots. Everything working fine here on:
    v1.19 beta of my mod (no graphical changes compared to v1.18),
    tested Monza and Silverstone track included in my mod,
    build 798 64 bit of rFactor2.
    I'm only using the minimalistic UI 1.64. And have the Motec and Delta Best plugins installed.

Although I have the Clio Pace car installed, according to the Mod Manager and seeing the files in Windows, I cannot choose it In-game (of course I selected "All cars and tracks"). So I could not test the black mirrors on this car.

Maybe a HDR profile bug? I have that setting on "Automation". Or you guys have other plugins or other graphical settings?

Edit: I need to read better. You are saying that it happens in race situations and not test situations...

12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Wow thank you very much! Really appreciated! Yes, you basically confirm that the tires behave like they should. So for me, I don't see any reason to change the degradation. Would be a very great picture if you could implement your %laptime loss (from your best laptime)in the figure and see if the graphs go downwards in a similar way. I guess it's about the same and therefore the tire grip levels seem also oke to me.

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Confirmed. That means the version with the 19 tracks doesn't exist on Mega any more. I hope, due to very slow internet here, that someone could upload it again? If not, I hope that my version v1.19 will be ready at the end of this week / beginning of next week. So if you can wait some days, I will upload the new version.

Till then, you still can download the version without the tracks.

@to all: additional to the changelog posted in post #71 and #77, version 1.19 will have:
    - slightly lower Moments of Inertia (about 0.5% less). Makes the car a little more responsive, I hope.
    - more sensitive damage settings, especially when something on the front or rear wing breaks. This means that, compared to v1.18, a crash with the same impuls (mass times velocity), now results in more damage.
    - more critical thermal properties, both on the engine, as well as on the brakes side. Basically the engine and brakes are heating up more quickly with the same radiator or brake duct size. Thus forcing you to choose bigger openings.

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

@Frenky
    The bug with mirrors is not due to your changes, it was present in the original RFT version (conflict of texture or material names).

To change the Pace Car in my knowledge you have to change Allcars.rfm if memory doesn't fail (search on the site) and change in it the Pace Car line (and evidently have it downloaded and installed).

I see you intend to change the inertia's of the cars, it is most counter intuitive, and has great effects on the way the car behaves.

I made a fictional Porsche GT1 from a GT2 Porsche to race against AM and Corvettes GT1 in E.S. ( RF1) with a souped up motor (in order to reduce the inertia of the tail when it slipped I reduced those numbers, and the car was horrible to drive, I ended with higher numbers than the GT2 car and the car was much more controllable and realistic).

I read from a very well known expert of Rfactor physics that the vast majority of modeled cars in RF1 were suffering from to low numbers (one of the revision of E.S by the original team upped those values for all the classes, much improving the mod).

Even if F1 are designed to reduce all moments of inertia, it is a very interesting direction to experiment, to improve the feeling at the wheel (but in both directions, up and down), and be sure to test not only on perfectly smooth tracks.

Cheers.

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

The changes you made for the GT1 and GT2 seem logical to me. Changing Moments of Inertia (MoI) doesn't make the car more or less stable. Lowering MoI does make the car more responsive. But more responsive doesn't necessarily mean more stable. Example: by lowering the MoI, one could hit the apex better at slow corners at Silverstone (that's exactly what I'm aiming for) and the car reacts faster on steering wheel movements, without stiffening the car with springs and ARB. I can also give you a downside of such a change. Drive the Parabolica at Monza with your inner wheels over the curbs. Then the car does feel less stable, because there is less MoI (e.g. mass) that prevents the car from bailing out.
    The changes for the MoI in v1.19 will be about 0.5%, that is hardly noticeable.

Have fun racing!

16. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Hello. Regarding the mirror issue I had I have now sorted that out :) I was using a modified version of the allcarstracks_10 mas file made by DJC which allows me to run more than 29 AI. This mas file was referencing the SLS PC which is why I was getting black mirrors. I have re-packaged this to reference the Clio PC and all is well now. If I get some time I will try and figure out why the SLS PC is causing black mirrors as this would be the preferred PC.

Curious Can I ask why do we have the "F1_2013_Frank_wo_Tracks_118" mas file under the RFM folder? For me this is not selectable as a series and also seems a little incomplete compared to the ISI/DJC mas file. Within this mas file it also has SafetyCar = SAFETY.veh.. Is there such a a file?

Regarding the inertia changes. that will be interesting to see the affect. Curious what steering ratio do you run?

When a real F1 driver radios in and says "im struggling my rear tyres are gone" at what tyre wear % range do you think they are? I am interested in your opinions or facts if you have them..

cheers guys for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  17. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello and thank you for pointing me to the RFM and MAS files. Probably the safety.veh doesn't exist and should be replaced with the Mercedes SLS veh file (because I prefer to have that pace car in my mod i.s.o. the Clio). I will dig into both files the next couple of days.
    Well yes, the mod creates a MAS file "F1_2013_Frank_wo_Tracks_xxx" because, I think, it is packaged as a mod and not as a multi-component. I want this, but may be I have to reference at least to 1 track (maybe the ISI Silverstone?), to let the game think it is a mod and to get rid of the "damaged-mod" problem in the ModManager.
    About steering ratio, well I have to admit that I have a Trust wheel, but I play rF2 with keyboard. Lets say that I'm more testing and optimizing my mod than actually driving it :). But I slightly lower the steering from 18 degrees to somewhere around 16 degrees (except of course for Monaco).
    If F1 drivers are screaming that their tyres are gone, well I think there is no way to state exactly how much % tyre wear they have at that moment. If they are screaming that and have supersoft tyres, they would probably lose a couple of seconds in the next lap (so in fact, they have to pit asap). If they have hard tyres, unexperienced drivers could scream that, and have in fact a problem called "graining". They have too cold tyres then and could drive maybe another 10 laps without losing too much time. Also, some drivers like the harder compound more than the softer/option tyre (more responsive) and therefore drive smoother and just as quick with the harder compound. Pirelli stated that between every compound there is a 0.5 - 1.0 seconds time difference.

Have fun racing!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

To Frenky,

If you use the SLS Pace Car, mirrors of all F1s will be black (unless you are able to spot and correct the texture name conflict between RFT cars and SLS Pace Car).

Cheers.

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Wow thank you, that was not really clear to me. And it also happens with the original mod by Sompir, so it is not changed by one of the files I changed. Like I said, I will dig into it, and if it is "notepad" related, then there is a change I could fix it.
    I never noticed this bug, but it sounds really annoying and something I want to fix. But, while digging into it, the next version v1.19 will be uploaded a bit later then. I hope you guys can understand that, especially because the version with the tracks cannot be downloaded ATM.

Do you guys also get this black mirrors bug if you only select the F1 cars to race, but due to a crash or something, the safety car comes out?

20. Coanda

Coanda Registered

They are black right from the start grid. No crash or PC required. What I also notice is when you start your race the tyres are on Wet tyres and then 1 second later they flick to your chosen slick compound. Its no stress though.

Thank you for the tyre info.