[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Thanks, I missed that completely!

However, I get this error when visiting that site:

Despite never having posted anything there to begin with - I rarely even visit it, and only to download tracks.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

3. Corti

Corti Registered

I will check that it is what happens, in any case you do not need to be registered to download content.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Thank you. I am aware that I don't need to be logged in, as I have downloaded from there a few times.

I guess the spam trigger is just picking up my IP address incorrectly for some reason.

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, I made a small update. Download in first post.
    This version should be slightly more "newbie friendly". Not by changing the physics, but by improving the default setup and adding descriptions to some settings (engine braking, radiator settings, brake duct).
    I also improved the AI a little bit, in the order of 1 - 2 tenths a lap, by softening the front springs of AI cars and some other small tweaks.
    And in the end even more tracks should now be recognized by the mod, meaning at a lot of tracks you only have two dry tyre compounds choices available as well as air density will be changed automatically.

I assume this is the last update for a long period, so have fun racing!

rubennaatje, pkelly, Filip and 5 others like this.
  6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Great stuff Frenky!

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

If it has any interest... I have complete 2012 car-set lying around (for years it feels)... Rain somewhat works...
    It's of course based on @Frenky's 2013 mod... But not the latest... Not sure if that can be turned around quickly or not if Frenky's interested... I wanted to put it out... But AI performances kept me from doing that... No fun having Marussias battling Ferraris and Red Bull...

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@Bjorn: I would say, just release it. It is your mod, but maybe I can "update" the physics after your initial release. Or even better, maybe you can just use 1 hdv file and make your mod a league edition mod. Than you can use the hdv below as a basis (a modified Red Bull hdv of my v1.52 mod with a 2% lower downforce; just copy paste in your hdv file). Than with an update I can make it a historic edition, if you want of course.

Attached Files:

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

as I wrote I'm in troubles and now much more than before because of I sent back the new pc due to some defect... ufff... and this one now is a little bit stable but sometime. In addition the nightmare of the band, from 6am to 8 am about 80MB, then decreases to 0.1, grrrr I found a way setting, manually, the 4g connection on lower frequency (800) but I have no more than 10MB in downstream.

Anyway I'm confused and I kindly ask for some help:
    1. who is the author of the mod? because I asked to PM me, but nobody wrote to me!
    2. which is the version that needs to be updated for rain drops and ripples? Because you know, I need to look at the mod, in fact still now there is incompatibility between damaged / detached parts / rain drops / shadows... so an apparently easy job could become long and complex
    3. maybe in the meantime someone is working on this improvement and it is useless to duplicate same job

Of course, before starting to investigate into the mod, I'd like a direct contact with the author to clarify the above points.
    Thank you and I hope to be online in the next days. My apologies for this inconvenient.

10. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Answers below:
    1. @Frenky
    2. v1.52 as linked in first post
    3. I'm a regular reader of this thread and as far as I see, only @Bjørn implemented rain for his (still private) 2012 pack.
    Hope that helps!

Frenky and Corti like this.
  11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@Slow Motion . I just pm you.
    V1.52 is the latest version and no further updates are planned by me right now. I would really appreciate if you can improve the mod graphically even further.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

thanks for answering, I can't promise anything but I downloaded the mod to look at it

Corti, Narrowbackwing and FuNK! like this.
  13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, I'm busy play testing v1.6. It will have some very nice graphical improvements, rain effects and resolves some graphical glitches. Finally some nice visors are coming too!
    Because I'm also busy with other things and I don't want to rush this version, it will come no sooner than somewhere next weekend.

Stay tuned and have fun racing!

14. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

You Legend .

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello party people,
    v1.6 is online, see first post. This update brings visors, better rain graphics as well as some subtle sound improvements to make the car more "alive". Please let me know what you think of it.

For this version I got help from SMMG, so a big thanks to him! SMMG improved the graphics (rain update, solving some graphical glitches as well as adding visors). The sound improvements is by myself.

Have fun racing!

16. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Awesome stuff Frenky!

17. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

This mod has improved over the past few weeks to a very high level , visor is superb in Vr / sound / tyre update and default setup has made this one of the best open wheel mods available, so thank you all involved.

I’ve tried to set tyres compounds for Various tracks - ie soft / medium but Ai will always start on hard , am I doing something wrong ? .
    Using official content this is not an issue .

18. Frenky

Frenky Registered

A couple of people have asked questions about the available and by ai chosen tire compounds. So lets summerize and answer them.

1. For a lot (i think around 40 or so) of tracks pre-defined tire sets are available. So for Silverstone medium-hard, for Mexico soft-medium and so on. If the track was on the real 2013 calender the available compounds are the same as it was in the real 2013 season.
    2. For the same tracks the mod automatically choose the right "altitude corrections". So for Silverstone you will see that the Red Bull car is some 2 seconds faster than FISI. Whereas in Mexico the FISI will be faster. Due to lower air density incorporated in this mod.
    3. You can override both the tire compounds as well as altitude corrections in the car tuning options menu.
    4. The ai will always choose the hardest tire compound available, so hard for Silverstone and medium for Mexico. This is solved by Automobilista, but not by ISI or Studio 397. Nothing I can do about that.

Have fun racing!

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

And for those of you that want to define available tire compounds per track for themselves:
    Take a look at the file Tracksconfigbase.ini inside the f1rft2013_1.6 mas file. You have to find the track name of your track inside the track's mas file. The mas file with the gdb file in it. In the gdb file, you have to copy the exact text after the line track name =. Add this text to tracksconfigbase.ini and choose your tire set with a number from 0 to 5, where 0 is default, 1 is medium-hard till 5 is supersoft-soft.

20. Bernd

Bernd Registered

To select different tire combinations, the fixed upgrades function should work too, to force the ai to use specific tires, if there are different options available in the upgrades.
    And the advantage is, that you don't have to modify the mod, when you use that function.

EDIT And in combination with the fixed setup function, you should be able to force the AI to also use a specific compound.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019