F1 2013 f1ligue

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by f1ligue, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

The Fezza is the sexiest 2013 F1 car IMHO. :D

2. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

take a mod created by another team and change I do not call that created
    but a copy....

it's called a plagiarism

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

The Marussia car is official ISI content, licensed and all! This probably means they got data in various departments which you could never get your hands on without knowing the proper willing people. I think it's very smart to use those physics as a base, just like it's awesome using cad or lidar data for modelling a car or track :)

4. Twista

Twista Registered

Exactly. I honestly think the reason ISI is licencing so many cars this time around is because they know how complex their systems are and they want a good example of each discipline of racing to help modding teams produce accurate cars.

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I very much have the same idea, especially the much wider range of cars they release, especially with a lemans/endurance car in the works, and I noticed rallycross in the packaging menus, really really smart :)

Sorry to keep posting F1ligue, hopefully you get what I'm on about, you can only benefit! :)

6. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

ok ok
    I understand, you want me to stop modding F1 2013?
    Ok, now I stop posting here and will work for a private mod.

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Clearly you don't understand.

If this is your attitude, good luck with that.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill!

So target release around back end of march then, can't wait to give them a try

Thanks for letting us know

9. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

You tell me to wait for the mod ISI.
    I am a MOD 2013, with cars presentations (as every year since 2008).
    Why do I have to wait for the mod Marussia isi?
    For physical?
    With you our BETA test F1 2012? you will see we have a lot of work with the tires and the car on the track.

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

It appears you calmed down a bit ;)

I'm not telling you, merely advising.

To my opinion it would be wise to spend more time on modelling and graphics for now, and base your graphics on the Marussia. Again, this is a licensed build, so they have data you could never acquire unless you have a way in, and you can't just make these things up and get the same results. This seems like a great chance to implement a great set of physics which you probably couldn't figure out on your own in a years time, simply without any decent data and specs. Sure you can get close, but don't tell me that if I hired you to model a car for me and I supplied you with CAD data, you would not use this to get a better result in less time and using up less resources.

Keeping this in mind, ofcourse it is cool if you are the first F1 2013 mod, without a doubt. What is less cool, and I see this one coming, is that you are also the first to be totally slagged off by every single person who will be driving the Marussia when it comes out a month later for example*, and you are stuck with your mod kind of wishing you waited on that damned thing before you spent hours and hours tweaking something that was possibly flawed to begin with. When starting out with the Marussia, all this work is done for you by professionals whose job is it to represent this car in a manner that is as close to the specs they get as possible**!

So yes, please continue and build a kick-ass mod, but be wise about time budget, I wouldn't have to think twice about which route to take!

Hopefully with this explanation you understand me better, and you feel less offended :p

When there are some distinct differences obviously

Some companies who have cars modelled (physics wise), sometimes put little 'funny' values in datasets for their cars so they won't give some big secrets away.

11. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

I had understood it all ....
    But I can see why it is called physics because I work on the 3D and 2D at the moment ....

12. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Why I brought it up? Just a concern ;)

13. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

we do not understand ...

14. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

J'interviens peut être pour rien, mais ce qu'il essaye de dire (je crois :p), c'est que même si ca fait un an que vous travaillez sur les physiques, ISI fera probablement mieux car ils ont l'avantage d'avoir des données de Marussia que vous n'avez pas.
    Ce qui choque surtout, c'est la vitesse à laquelle vous modélisez, c'est dingue ! On n'a pas l'habitude de voir ca, d'où le "rushed job".
    Ce qu'ils suggèrent c'est qu'au niveau physiques, vous preniez celles de la Marussia ISI quand ca sort, et que vous vous en serviez de base pour les autres.

My intervention is probably useless, but what they are trying to tell (I think :p), is that even if you've been working on physics for a year, ISI will probably do better, because they have Marussia data that you don't have.
    What is also "shocking" is the speed you model those cars. We aren't used to see this, maybe that's why "rushed job" came up.
    What they are suggesting physics-wise, is that you take the ones from ISI's Marussia when it's released, and then you use it as a base for the rest of the grid.

15. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Oui ça j'avais compris ^^
    Mais ils focalisent sur les physiques, là je présente mon travail sur la 3D et la 2D uniquement.....
    c'est ce que j'essayais de leur faire comprendre mais le traduction via google... voilà il manque la nuance et la bonne forme des mots.

---------------

Yes I understood it ^ ^
    But they focus on the physical, then I present my work on the 3D and 2D only .....
    this is what I was trying to make them understand but the translation via google ... Here it lacks nuance and the right form of words.

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

People typing in the same familiar language sometimes misunderstand each other.
    Having to use Google translator is sometimes really bad and can start verbal wars.

Just saying. Hope all is well now.

17. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

no worries;) be happy

18. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

2 VOITURE TERMINEES [3D]

SCUDERIA FERRARI [mapping / textures 90%]
    [​IMG]

LOTUS [mapping / textures 0%]
    [​IMG]

19. Adrianstealth