F1 2013 f1ligue

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by f1ligue, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
  2. Magzire

Magzire Registered

f1rft feels like the floor is rubbing the ground and no setup will fix it.. so fligue wins for now

3. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Yes it is. Let's be real here, most manufacturers only care about the sim community when they find out there's a buck to be made. I really feel that this thing should be done for the love of it, donations definitely could/should be asked for, to keep it pure. Mods that "look like" other cars but aren't because they supposedly changed a badge or livery will get slammed just as hard as those that are flat out copies. So all this supposed "grey area" isn't grey at all.

To be frank all the "payware" I've seen so far is just as illegal as a straight up copy of the original with liveries. Why are people trying to beat around the bush with "downloading skins separately". If you're going to get slammed then you're going to get slammed regardless. Might as well do yourself a favor and just put the content out as "love of the sport" and ask for donations.

Also those running around dropping dime on modders is messed up. Manufacturers have lawyers they don't need some nerd on the internet running to them crying that some other nerd is making a mod of their car. Let them find out for themselves, the only reason they'll show any interest is because they see a chance at some $$$$. And if they do decide to license stuff you better just kiss rFactor2 goodbye because NO modder will be able to afford what the top guys want for licensing. It's sad to see this going on because I've seen the sim racing community as virgin ground where the love of it overrides everything and benefits all.

If the community messed this up iRacing will dominate.

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@f1ligue... i would consider taking F1 out of the mod name mate (maybe FL2013)...everyone will know what it is anyway and with those dummy skins theres not really anything people can say from then on...except all the law experts in this forum who will keep posting there opinions as fact lol

5. Magzire

Magzire Registered

You're bloody nuts.. tell me a mod that isn't copyrighted. Every single one has to be unless its made up and sure you didn't download any as a good boy you are.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

IF it's a rip from another GAME then that's illegal, ISI have locked threads before because if this very reason....my God it's like talking to a deaf cat with you!!

7. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Ok fair enough you don't download anything choirboy and we'll enjoy the mods that are released, and please dont come back to bitch! Just go play CM 2012 and STFU!! We dont wanna hear from you...

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

9. Magzire

Magzire Registered

go to another forum thats gives a **** with your illegal bull**** no one cares you weirdo

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Real mature. Just calm down, anybody has not attacked you personally.

I do not see what is wrong in telling the realities. You surely wanna know if your actions have some risks in it.

But I agree this copyright topic should have its own thread if somebody care to talk about it... nobody says these things because they want rf2 modding community to die but because they want to give advice how it will survive.

11. Arandor

Arandor Registered

Thanks, f1ligue, it's a pretty good job!

Focusing on the mod: (Legal or not... who cares)
    Generally it's fun to drive the Ferrari. I've watched onboard videos and compared to your mod: The movement/behaviour of the car looks the same.
    I've also some constructive criticism if you agree (I know it's not a beta that needs to change but a demo, but I think a good feedback can be always helpful) Please don't consider it as offense!
    • The cocpit view is a bit strange, but it will be fixed, so no prob. (I could have live with the old version anyway)
    • Imo the handling of the throttle is a bit too sensitive. I know those are pretty powerful cars, but i can hardly imagine that I could spin in a fast corner (with high downforce) in 4th gear if I give full throttle. In a slower corner, in 3th gear I say OK, but not in 4th. It's too easy to spin with the car after the aphex in fast corners. It can be learned and handled, but I felt this one a bit unreal.
    • As I said before, the car's behaviour is very good, but in my opinion the grip (precisely: the downforce) is a bit too high. It's very hard to miss the ideal line (if you attack the corner a bit more speed than the ideal - or what should be ideal). You wont's miss the ideal line, you won't "drift" outside (sorry, I don't know the correct word for it)
      I know it's not a touring car, and there is a lot of downforce, but I think not so much.

That was my opinion about the mod. I don't list the things I really liked in it, everything else that I don't mentioned was good and liked it much!
    I hope I could help. (Needed or not :D )
    Thanks for the good job!

Ps (just to step in line).: I do not agree the principle of the payware mods, but for a quality work I think 2 € can be payed. Not more. Can be considered as "donation" for the good (and lot) work. But say again: I don't agree with the pricinple.
    For example I've seen an another mod (without names :p ) for 10 €. Its a perfect job, but 10 € is a but silly for it.. (It's the quarter of the price of rF2 itself...)

12. 64r

64r Registered

I understand that the demo mod sounds are from GSC Formula Reiza (comments at http://www.virtualr.net/f1-2013-for-rfactor-2-ferrari-f138-demo-released), will you make another demo using your sounds so that the demo represents the actual mod to be purchased, I would prefer to try the mod I would be buying, rather then trying a mod then buying something different.

13. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Before the release of the mod you have all the information related to our work.
    We need to finish the final model F1L013 skins.

We will not change its name to FL013 F1L013 simply because our modding community is called F1LIGUE since 2004, we have never had a problem with our name simply because we separate and not F1 LEAGUE.

Look at the mod F1 2012 Codemaster he writes F1 (space) 2012 F12012 and not because they buy the rights to use the name.

Many people talk about us as if we were idiots, we do not think before ....
    Gentlemen, I can tell you that you are wrong.

The only mistake is that we wanted to have fun with the DEMO and put the Ferrari skin, we would never do that ... the but it's too late the damage is done.
    Then for mod sounds, big mistake on my part not to have to check the work of one of my colleagues ... This is a mistake I will not twice.

I return to work on the final mod will be for sale tomorrow night as planned.

-> Arandor, thank you for your feedback.

14. Magzire

Magzire Registered

My shiny 2 euro awaits impatiently haha

15. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

F1league, in my opinion the very first thing to make clear, about copyrights and intellectual property, is to be sure you have a formal permission by ISI, in case your mod will use ISI materials.

I mean, ISI has no problems for the use of its materials in free mods, but ISI might have in case of commercial use of them, without permission.
    I realize you are asking for a symbolic amount of money, but i am talking in principle and in order to make clear the rules about the use of ISI materials, because your mod might set a precedent.

I apologize for this post in case your mod doesnt use ISI materials (physics, steering wheel or whatever) and my post is not meant to criticize your work, on the contrary i am not a fan of virtual F1, but i cant wait for your R8, which is very promising to my eyes.

16. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

If ISI asked me not to publish my mod, it will not be published.
    I think a lot of people trying to block the release of the mod.
    Tomorrow we will be Sunday, if ISI asked not to leave the mod F1L013 well and no one will.

Paid or free person will mod.
    I think you will win ....
    If you win, we will never mod free or paid.

17. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

I await the response of TIM, it is he who will decide the future of the mod.
    If he says yes, the mod will be released tomorrow.
    If he says no, nobody will have the mod.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Sad... really...

Any chance you could maybe grow up a little and stop swearing and name calling?

Or is that just asking too much?

19. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Well, a mail for permission has sense only if you use ISI materials and if the mod is commercial ... if your mod is 100% made by you, you dont need permissions by ISI. :)

I hope not to sound as the "bad guy against you" because i am not ... i only think that, when money is involved, things have to be crystal clear in matter of copyrights and permissions.

20. geg

geg Registered

who are you to speak in my name?!