F1 2013 f1ligue

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by f1ligue, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Come on people, you are lame. It is only two euros.

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I suggest to use the donationware method for your mod. The mandatory payware method is something could put a bad eye on the entire modding community, as you're selling a F1 (TM) mod, using real F1 shapes which are direct connected to their own manufacturer copyrights. No matter you're asking for just 2 Euros, you're asking some money using a very restricted (and risky) market area as the F1/FIA is. Just my 2 cents.

3. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

this topic has already been discussed here and elsewhere.
    the model will be sold, no donation system.
    Why is it when we sell f1ligue who made ​​a fuss.
    mod T5 is sold much more than us and nobody cries for it ... it is normal that their work is paying and not ours.

As I have said 100 times, if you want to pay, do not buy it;)
    I kiss fans

4. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

Is it correct that I cannot see the drivers helmet in T-cam view, but in all other views (same happens for me in RFT 2013)?

5. Loetkoe

Loetkoe Registered

Be careful not to get your tongue tangled in the fan. Could sting.

6. Tuttle

Yeah! I'm sure you'll say the same thing when Ferrari, Mercedes, Codis, EA and some FIA lawyer will knock on your door to ask for some sugar...;)

7. johnconner

johnconner Registered

yep anything you make money on needs to be licenced never mind were the cars come from f1 or any other.
    By selling (publishing) electronic copies of things you don't own the rights to, you have violated the copyright laws of over 160 countries.You absolutely need permission from each and every team, sponser, driver for f1 or any other ,

If you EVER start to make money from a willful infringement of copyright it gets much easier for the copyright owners to stop you; they simply report you to the FBI, which has jurisdiction over "criminal copyright infringement". That is the "willful violation of copyright for commercial advantage or private profit". You will eventually be caught and there will be a knock on the door when they serve you with a search warrant, arrest warrant, seize your computers and any disks or other storage media and take them to the lab for further investigation.

8. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

The Ferrari is very nice, good job! But am I the only one who thinks that the rear tyres need to be a bit wider?

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I was intrigued by the whole "Payware Mod" system so asked a friend (Law expert type knows his stuff!), his opinion is anything thats a blatant rip will be sueable as in any other mainstream product. I mean you design a vacuum cleaner that resmebles a Dyson but you call it a Dison and sell it, they can sue you and win quite easily, stating the facts that you blatantly copied their design-changed the name-charged a price-made profit-which should be theirs.

My friends final opinion: "only a matter of time before a major car manufacturer catches wind and gets p*ssed off"

Good luck guys (and that DTM mod), I think you're gonna need it!

10. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

You make us laugh a lot!
    When we made our free MODS, people generally post to criticize our work, it was crap, zero falait not download it ...
    When you make a mod you just pay all cry, we say that we risk big problems and you not even talk about the quality of the mod.

I think in reality you post just to criticize our choices.
    If we went out Sunday with our model F1L013 skins of the 2013 season for free, you expect its release and then come post your comment ...
    The camera is not good, the skins are horrible, 3D is not beautiful ... etc etc etc ...

Since 2008 we have become accustomed to ignore you, but I noticed something, is that when we called we F1MG and we said that we were Italians person and I mean no criticism ...
    Since it is F1LIGUE call (our real name) we receive a large amount of criticism ...

It's funny how the nationality of a team work exchange criticism ....

I'll just end with this,
    We take the risk, it does not look as us and only us.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

In your vacuum cleaner example only the name resemplance would probably be enough to sue. I know law too and indeed payware mods that do not have licence but are still trying to be a real deal are violating IP laws. There are of course ways to get around this by modifying things more to fictional way but just name changing do not help. I believe there can be some resemplance to the original but it must be signifigantly different still.

We know that modders of rf2 won't get any f1 licence so I do not be the one who's juding them first because I want f1 mod that is close to the real thing. Fortunately we will get Marussia from ISI and then we can make skins for that (of course we won't have right models that way).

But as a consumer we are not doing anything illegal if we buy these mods...modders will take full responsibilty if their mod is declared as illegal. But I think we have had these mods earlier, doubt that there's been any consequences.

12. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

There is a bug in the Ferrari model, maybe you can fix it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Thank you asehauDLM
    IF we have time we will correct for version 1.0, if we do an update After Malaysia.

14. Tuttle

Holy cow! +____+

I don't know who you're, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, I never downloaded nor used nor commented nor criticized nor looked at your work before, I just posted a suggestion about the payware for a F1 mod. No need to such a silly aggressive reaction.

Good luck and adieux...

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's not just the name but the actual Model (hoover in example) that resembles the original, thats the issue, sure we as consumers will be alright its the actual modders who create the content that will be up the creek without a paddle if DTM/Ferrari come knocking!

f1ligues complete ignorance to the matter (as seen by his posts everywhere!) is the perfect example of someone thinking they can get away with it and everything will be OK, not for me to say what should happen (personally I dont give a crap, just repeating what my mate told me) but what ever happens if anything I hope these Payware Mod guys are well prepared.

Only saving grace for them is that RF2 is basically a small fish in a big pond of gaming, trouble is with PCars/RF2/AC/iRacing all getting more and more offcial licensed content then ears will begin to burn and heads will begin to turn...

16. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I think this is going to be the biggest hit. The pond is getting smaller. I think it's going to be tough enough for the free stuff to survive but the pay stuff is probably going to get slammed. And believe me I know someone somewhere is singing like a canary to the manufacturers that their stuff is being copied for profit.

One other thing that bothers me about payware is it'll bring out more junk just so some dude can try to make a buck. One thing I've found to be true in life , for the most part, when people do things for the love of it the quality tends to be there, when people do things for the buck it's flashy at first but usually doesn't have the TLC behind it.

17. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

If you feel aimed directly I apologize.
    I simply answer the multiple attacks that I receive today.
    I will not post anymore, this is my last reply.

Do not buy our work, download the free mods illegal flows for rf1 and rf2.
    I know that our work is legal and will remain legal, we prove its exit Sunday.

18. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Don't know why people get there G-string in a twist about illegal mods etc.. its not effecting anyone here unless you indeed work at these companies that are claim to be illegal. Just look another way if you're not happen and quit the bitching and stop ruining this thread with crying over something really stupid. Everyone wants to be a lawyer and talk crap.. just try and enjoy whats released.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah I know of a couple of sad individuals crying to the manufacturers already, thats even more pathetic IMO! Totally agree with the Quick Buck scenario, trouble is those wanting the cash will turn away thse quality "for the love" modders who might think "why bother?" and they end up quitting modding altogether or enver release their work to the public, thats another worry.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Its called free speech, this is a forum for discussion, dont like it dont read it!
    Its relevant to this thread as its a Payware Mod, of course you dont have to believe everything thats posted and thats perfectly fine...I know I dont! But at the end of the day I kinda trust my mate when I've known him for 25years, thats why I passed on his comments on the issue...which again is relevant to this thread!