F1 2012 beta

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by f1ligue, Jan 27, 2012.

1. kmw

kmw Registered

ok no problem, downloading 1.4 now :)

2. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

no prob now i confirm

3. kmw

kmw Registered

Quickly tried 1.4 and, with slicks instead of wets, it is undoubtedly more 'realistic' i.e. the back end slips away easier, and the car no longer tips over on tight hairpins. Feels great, I find it more difficult to drive, and have to soften the rear to reduce the oversteer. I can still lap about 5 or 6 seconds quicker if I change to wets, but you probably know that.
    Now, with slicks, and AI set at 85%, I am around 5 seconds slower then the leader, very hard to catch them but still setting my car up (so I am tempted to wear wets so that I can comete!) Looking very good so far though :)

4. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

Well, initial impressions.

1. Engine must be 18000 rmp not 18750
    2. Engine brake map is forbidden in 2012
    3. Weight distribution must be fixed (both L and R), 46.5% on the front, 50-50 left/right

About the handling:

Your engine lacks power in the whole rpm range. Next thing, the grip of the rear tires is a bit higher than it must be, and the downforce at the rear is a bit low, so its better to change the ratio, because you apply full throttle from slow corners but you can slide in high speed corners. Also the front lacks mechanical grip.

5. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Thank you for the comments.
    As against the engine, it was already said in previous posts, it will change soon as we know it is not 2012

6. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

omg neytman are you schumacher?

7. Marcel van der Linden

Marcel van der Linden Registered

i cant load the mod. It says "problem Mod" And when i click on the advanced button it says that its not installed.

Help
    Help

:p
    BTW good effort guys for making a mod

8. kmw

kmw Registered

Yes I also found it a bit temperamental. I had the same error, tried uninstalling and installing the various components and then it worked. Same happened when I removed it to install later versions.

9. Gimli Oakenshield

Gimli Oakenshield Registered

You sincerely should read the "readme", it's written how to install it !

;)

10. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

mine says:

Mod "F1 2012 LIGUE BETA 1.2" is an update to a non-existant base mod, removed from inventory.

11. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

IMHO, you need to do a better balance between mechanical grip and aero grip.
    At low speed, the car is too slippy, so you need a higher grip from the tyre and a little bit less from aero.
    FFB is critical, at low speed the steering torque is a bit too low, at high speed, is too much.
    As a result, at higher speed you clip the the ffb forces on the steering wheel, and some ffb nuances are lost.
    I also would like to feel a less progressive grip lost, slick tyres lost grip suddenly and requires very quick corrections to the steering wheel...

12. Briankem

Briankem Registered

I love it and can't wait to see where it goes.

13. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

Noticed one bug, even if you are using dry tires while driving at replay you still always have wet tires.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

2. The natural engine braking in game might be somethin different to what was outlawed a year or 2 ago in F1. In F1 they had a system, which they sometimes called engine braking, which was a form of electronic management control which gave the engine some throttle under braking when it would sense the rear tyre slip/lock, almost like a reverse traction control, or like an engine management throttle controlled rear abs. The engine braking ingame is I believe not this system at all but just how much natural engine braking you get when you lift from the throttle.

3.I believe your allowed still a small percentage of adjustability, i think there is a small range of a percent or 2

15. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

exaclty what is implemented in rf:)

16. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

for sure not)

17. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

let's organize a race!
    F5'ing this thread.

18. Tiger

Tiger Registered

is it this that you're talking about?
    "EngineBrakingMapSetting=3 // the default is 3 * 0.0001 * 15000 RPM = 4.5% applied throttle at zero input throttle"

so should it be set at zero, to follow with 2012 rules?
    it looks like the gaz blown diffuser... leavin' some throttle on when gaz pedal is off...

19. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

exactly

20. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

Problem is that when you set it to 0 there will be problem with engine life, i remeber when we had same discussion on our league physicks with rf1 and when you setted it to 0 engine wear skyrockets and noone wont finish the race without blewing up the engine. That should be locked to some value beetween 2-4 instead of 0.