F1 2012 beta

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by f1ligue, Jan 27, 2012.

1. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

For me, the brakes do not go wrong!
    By default, the pressure is set to 70, but just take it to 100 and are happy!

2. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

After a few rounds with version 1.2, i said the ffb is really low ! Curbs, roadbumps, potholes dont feel it. Wet tires have much more grip than the slics on sunny day.

3. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

I think we are going to remove the rain tires (PLUIE) and Inter in the next patch, they are there to ride in the drizzle (INTER) and heavy rain (PLUIE) and not to roll in the dry.

It is not logical to want to test rain tires on the SEC.

4. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

jep, i think so !

5. drafi5

drafi5 Registered

I would like to test it, but I can´t get the mod to work, installed version 1.1 + update 1.2, but I see no car in game.
    The mod beta 1.2 show no tracks, cars and so on under "Seires", what did I wrong ???
    Thanks for a helping answer.

6. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

1 : Install 1.1
    2 Files (composants) and later the File mod

2: Update 1.2
    1 File (Composant) Update, and later Update the File mod

7. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

I think you should leave the rain and inters in, just make wear "very" dependent on temperature, like they should be.

Thanks for keeping releasing updates on this thread, after some earlier politics.

Fun to drive these.

8. drafi5

drafi5 Registered

Finally made it work will do some testing next days.

9. kmw

kmw Registered

F1Ligue, thanks for this mod, downloaded and looking forward to testing it. Will try and give some helpful feedback :)

10. obsessed4hobbie

obsessed4hobbie Registered

Thankyou very much for your mod

11. Tiger

Tiger Registered

thanks for feed back ;)
    for those who have a loose ffb, please rule your wheel, there is no reason why I have a decent ffb and not a lot of you guys who tried this beta ;)
    you need to go inside the controller.ini and in the .ini file of yours if you saved a profile.
    it has been discussed a lot on this forum ;)

12. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

Well explain then when all other cars have nice ffb, meganes, 60:s f1 and fr3.5 all have great feel thru wheel, can feel every single bump on track etc. With this mod i dont feel anything apart from centering spring and only really slight efects when running over kerbs, cant feel any bumps on track or loose in traction like i can with those default rf2 cars.

13. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

+1 about ffb: i only feel centering spring and it's a bit too much imho. try to do something similar to nektar cars.

About the phisics: i noticed only late that i was rolling with the pluie = rain tires. please don't remove them with the next patch, since i can roll faster with intermediate tires. lol

Bug report:sometimes when i it that thing in curves that is painted white and red and i'm going fast i will jump into the sky for no apparent reason. This is annoying.

14. Tiger

Tiger Registered

what can I say?
    if you have good feeling with some mod or games and not on all of them, this means that your steering-wheel isn't rule correctly!
    if it is ok on some mod, just ask yourself why not on ours!
    I have the same game than you and my ffb is decent as I said...

here is my ffb section :

[ Force Feedback ]
    Type="1" // Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble/gamepad 4=custom
    Ignore controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 15 ignores all)
    Skip updates="0" // Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)
    Steering effects strength="7000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)
    Steering torque filter="8" // Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)
    Steering torque per-vehicle mult="0.95000" // Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)
    Steering torque zero-speed mult="0.25000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque
    Steering torque sensitivity="1.15000" // Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high
    Steering torque extrap time="0.01500" // Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)
    Steering torque extrap blend="0.30000" // Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)
    Steering resistance type="1" // 0=use damping, 1=use friction
    Steering resistance coefficient="1.00000" // Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    Steering resistance saturation="0.30000" // Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0
    Steering spring coefficient="0.50000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Steering spring saturation="0.30000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Rumble strip magnitude="0.00000" // How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    Rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    Rumble strip pull factor="0.70000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    Rumble strip update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
    Jolt magnitude="1.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    Throttle effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Throttle effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    Throttle spring coefficient="0.10000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Throttle spring saturation="0.50000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Brake effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Brake effects on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Brake spring coefficient="0.30000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Brake spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Clutch effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Clutch effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Clutch spring coefficient="0.20000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Clutch spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Gearbox effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Gearbox effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox 'axis', 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Gearbox spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Gearbox spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Other spring coefficient="0.20000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers
    Other spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers

there you are... a lot of pilots said it's fine!

so, I don't say you're wrong, just try this ffb, and you'll feel what you need to feel on the track ;)

15. Lol! Blueprints are for the car model! Nothing to do with the physics!

16. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

I'm liking it. More more fun to drive then the Formula Renault. Thanks for the mod.

17. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

Didnt make any difference, just the same "numb" feel with really high centering spring strenght. Also noticed one thing about engine that seems bit weird, rpm dont seem to drop down as it should, example when i push the throtthle quickly at neutral it takes really long time to get engine to idle revs again. Almost like throtthle would be slightly jammed even tho it isnt.

FFB wise i have really good feel with all default rf2 cars so its definately this mod where it goes wrong somehow. You just probably have drived this mod longer and allready got used to the numbness in steering LOL. Just try some rf2 default car like 60:s f1:s and you will see what i mean, you feel every single thing on track and also you can feel thru wheel when you start to loose grip.

18. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

- Engine: It is expected to change, I have already said in a previous post. I want to know if the KERS was planned in RF2 is still possible or not? ISI alone can answer this question.

FOR ADMIN ISI :
    Power Demand (kers)

I read a post that isi on RF2 or to add a KERS and adjustable power on demand in seconds .... etc.

we bind the "Power Demand"

how to set up our database engine to be active?

ENGINEBOOSTMOD = 1 (0 normal, 1 timelimited,2 time/lap, 3 kers, 4 other form)
    ENGINEBOOSTTIMELIMITED = 60 (60 seconds)
    ENGINEBOOSTPERLAP = 10 (10 seconds per lap)
    other form as kers will by define in physic

thank you

19. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

About the physics i can help if u want, i`m finishing the 2012 physics for my league. PM if u want.

20. michael1

michael1 Banned

LOL to u hehe like i said the car will be made from blueprints look at this i converted

this is a proper F1 sim but as you all think your better than me your not having it i have just finished the 2011 cars also lololol

enjoy your mg2011 car you no i am an idiot then know nothing