F1 2009 Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Matthew327, Oct 24, 2018.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

good idea, I liked to say thanks for the great series anyway, even though I am sad to see F1 1996 evolution stopped. But, that stuff takes huge amounts of time, understandable.

Louis likes this.
  2. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

FSOne 2009 was fantastic on rF1. Just as nice on rF2.

That was about the pinnacle of the sport IMO (before hybrids and fuel restrictions). Lots of grip on manageable tires with reserve. Tuning fidelity; tuning changes respond exactly as they should. Very pleased. AI seems well balanced with Mech Failures OFF, easy to set their behaviors and decent wheel-to-wheel interaction.

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Not cancelled, just had BTCC and other things to focus on. Still working on it, my favourite F1 season and Brawn is my favourite car.

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It might just be my inexperience with this era, but I'm sure the back end shouldn't be as loose as it is.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The way one could look at it in my opinion is as follows: The FISI car is meant to replicate a 2012 F1 car. The difference between a 2009 and a 2012 F1 car is minor. The 09 car would be less efficient in all aspects... So I'd just take the quite good in my opinion FISI physics and tweak ever so slightly and put on the 09 cars... The biggest change would be downforce figures, but I'm sure they wouldn't change much really. The 2012 cars had that stepped nose as the biggest physical change in appearance. That was a safety thing, so that might have hampered the efficiency slightly, negating the two-three years of aero improvement since 09...

The only thing some of the 09-cars might be better at doing than the 12-cars could be creating negative lift from the undertray, the use of the double diffusor... But not all cars had that in 09 and there weren't seconds in difference in lap times in 09 between the double diffusor top team cars and non-double diffusor top team cars... Anyway, 09 was a special season for sure... but I think the FISI-physics are a better base than anything else, surely? It can't be perfect anyway since a handful of cars had KERS and that still can't be simulated in the sim, shamefully enough.