F1 1996 MODDEV V0.2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by EMY, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMY

EMY Registered

Hi guys i created this f1 mod only in MODDEV mode.

If someone wants to modify it or use it for another it is free to do so.

To use the trackconfig you have to call the tracks so(in gdb file TrackName =xxxx):

Melbourne96
    Interlagos96
    BuenosAires96
    Nurburgring96
    Imola96
    MonteCarlo96
    Catalunya96
    GillesVilleneuve96
    MagnyCours96
    Silverstone96
    Hockenheim96
    Hungaroring96
    Spa96
    Monza96
    Estoril96
    Suzuka96

I thank Nicola Acciari for physics. This is a Beta version.

Extract this file into the folder:

Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev

My mod is a mix of other modes of F1CH, Rfactor, Rfactor2, GP4. The authors are various GPT Team, F1SR, ASR, Vekimilijan, ISI, WCP, GP4 modder, and others I do not know about the name, thank you very much for them.

Ciao

Emy

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2017
    tafkams likes this.
  2. EMY

EMY Registered

Sorry guys if you want to get the cars on any track change the rfm "Track Filter = F1_1996" in "Track Filter = *"

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

This one is a little interesting... The models are 'acceptable'...
    The rest of the years are too rough round the edges, especially 97 is way too far behind...
    1999 Do not cast pearls before swine... Someone did that... Made some awesome 4k textures for those terribly rough F1 Challenge 99 - 02 models...

There has been put in a lot of effort for these cars... The driver model fits the wheels and the textures are nice throughout the years... There are a few other things where there's been put some effort in... It's just a bit of a waste IMO... BUT!

Keep working on the 96-set... That's pretty good.

4. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I'm not sure I understand what is going on here... So, OP is converting every F1 mod without permission just to put them in ModDev?

Edit: This actually looks pretty good. The physics seem up there also. Force feedback was almost non-existent though so that needs a little work. I'm actually tempted to finish this off and put it on Steam. This is a conversion of GPTeam's version, right?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    bears likes this.
  5. EMY

EMY Registered

this is my GP4 mod conversion but it's a mix of various parts of mod, helmets, wheels, buttons, steering etc the physics is in version 0.1 and needs to be fixed. I have no time and ability to do it ....

6. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi

just fired this mod up, models like very nice. as ive seen the GP4 models and they are fantastic. Physics i cannot comment on as i am unable to drive for a few month still. you might want to try some online tools like this one that help develop physics. http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/

*EDIT1* additionally the reason for low FFB from what i can tell is NominalMaxSteeringTorque=42 this i think is too high and probably should be around 15.judging by most open wheel cars in RF2

*EDIT2* the other reason the FFB feels non existant is caster is default set to 1.5* putting it up higher to around 5, gives a much better feel.

Just curious, why have you left this in DEV mod and not Packed? its not to difficult to pack the mod with a few guides floating around. or is this deliberately left unpacked so member can contribute to bug fixing?

Great effort regardless.

Cheers
    Daniel.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  7. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I'll be willing to finish this off and release it on Steam if that's ok with you.

I already sort of fixed the force feedback. I was able to make the steering heavier and more responsive but when you get oversteer, the wheel just stays straight, so I need to figure that part out. I copy pasted the [CONTROLS] part of the HDV from Formula ISI. I fixed it a little bit, but it still needs more work. The physics feels pretty good to me though, the way the car handles, the speed, aero, etc. But I would need to try it on a proper F1 circuit to see if the lap times are accurate, once I package it and put it in the main game for testing there.

Matt Beavis likes this.
  8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Being collated from GP4, it likely pieces stuff from Eugenio, Oggo, Nicola, Bojan, Wai, Viper, or so many other guys (which means no permission).

9. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

OP definitely doesn't have permission. I would probably have to attempt to track down the original creators of the various mods, if I were to release it. Or go /piratemode and just credit them if I can't find anywhere or anyone to contact them.

The models are too high quality NOT TO bring it to rF2.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Things always looked better in GP4 than F1C and rF1. Good luck with the tracking down, some guys stopped being reachable even back in early rF1 days, a couple of others have become full-time artists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.