[WIP] F1 1986

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Dec 5, 2017.

1. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

2. Cristiano Corraini

Cristiano Corraini Registered

First of all, thanks Chief for your work.
    Finally we have all cars/ teams from this golden era!
    I tried the new Minardi test physics in Paul Ricard circuit and here are my feedback, maybe can help you for further development:
    I guess the turbo acceleration curve should be smoother, I do not believe in those times the throttle should be dosed in the straight around 60-70% even in 4th or 5th gear, otherwise the car spinning. I tried to minimize this impact raising the power and coast settings (90% and 50%), but it´s still very very difficult to control the car.
    For downshifting the car reaction seems to be OK, but when upshifting it loses so much rpms and speed during the gear change and it can be adjusted.
    Again I believe the cars of that time had much more downforce than they have in this mod. As.Ex. - impossible to make the Signes curve using 5th or 6th gear like they did in the past. We have to reduce to 4th gear and brake to aprox. 200km/h to handle this long radio curve, same thing i noticed in other circuits like Jacarepagua as.ex. the long curve after the straight. In my opinion, this is the main point that should be improved. I felt too much understeering even with full aero downforce and the settings doesn´t make any effect in this behaviour.
    The engine damage mode is a very positive point, all drivers had to manage turbo boost to not blow the engines during the race, this is very nice.
    Sorry my english and my long text....Greetings and thanks once again!!

3. Sudden

Sudden Registered

Better late than never, but I would like to give you a very big "thank you" for finishing all cars of this fantastic 1986 season, to Chief and to everyone involved that made this possible. Beautiful and realistic cars (high-quality 1986 cars was something needed) and pretty funny to drive, thank you very much!!!

By the way, this question is just a curiosity, but... maybe do you feel interested, or do you feel attracted to do 1987 cars someday? Alongside 1986, probably the 2 most exciting seasons of the turbo era.

4. kimbo

kimbo Registered

5. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Thanks for this addicting mod! A must have for Rfactor 2,just watch the booooost!!!

6. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Thanks, this mod will get an update, this is not the finished version, but I'm a bit lazy now

DaveS78, Redvaliant, Sudden and 8 others like this.
  7. alainprostate

alainprostate Registered

Last time I asked I got laughed at but here goes - seriously, would you shake hands with any AC modders to do a conversion of this? The '86 car over there looks so silly reskinned, chaps!

8. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

new version on steam

V 0.97 LE

F1 1986 League Edition 0.97
    - New physics made by Postipate based on legendary Lotus 98T.
    - All cars share same physics now.
    - Added 6 gear and 5 gear option (from Tuning menu)
    - Early and Later season Qualifying engine added (from Tuning menu)
    - AI drives better now. (No .RCD files for AI yet)
    - Fixed sounds (Turbo hiss is also lower)
    - Engine fails if downshifted too early

9. Postipate

Postipate Registered

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  10. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

would be Interesting how the cars will look in AC

11. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

12. Postipate

Postipate Registered

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  13. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

is it possible to buy it and give it to all as free?

14. alainprostate

alainprostate Registered

Not saying that I just bought it or anything, or that I'll PM one of you guys a link to the download - but if I did I would surely drop you a little money in your PayPal for the hard work you did on these cars.

flairmark1976, Postipate and Bjørn like this.
  15. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

I think in 1986 it was possible to use different tire compounds on front and rear, is this correct, and when was this banned?

16. Postipate

Postipate Registered

It was possible and also with this mod. Use the tuning menu to acticate it.

Edit! Actually it's not possible to use it in RF2. I forgot to add it to LE mod. WIll update in next version

Don't know when it was banned

Hazi likes this.
  17. graphicaluserinterface

graphicaluserinterface Registered

Maybe after Senna did that in a race :p

18. Douglas Taylor

Douglas Taylor Registered

Your mod is excellent and desperately needs a proper trackpack.
    But for now I’m going to be using 1988 trackpack, and Brands Hatch and Osterreichring historical 1.0 to sub for Silverstone and Suzuka once I figure out how to ignore pit speed limits without it getting a visit from the race marshals!

I’ll be running a series live and multiplayer once testing and learning the cars is done - probably 2-4 weeks from now will be round 1.
    Of course, anyone who is interested in joining me will be able to - the server is publicly online as “Ghostdog Racing League” and free practice all week is open to all - expect the changeover to 86 mod in the coming week. There is a link to the discord and our website in the MOTD for the server for anyone wishing to enter and register a car next season. Expect races every other Sunday at 1930GMT - keep an eye on the site/discord for announcements!
    Hope to see many of you there - we have plenty of slots open as we only have about 5 entrants. Remainder of grid will be filled with AI (they perform miles better than the 88 mod AI already!) but naturally my dream is an all-human grid!

As I progress through the season, I will be happy to share updates, feedback and showcase the mod on my twitch and YouTube account. I hope you don’t mind the self-promo, but I really do feel like this mod needs an audience and it will be good to see any bugs coming up too!

Postipate and Corti like this.
  19. Postipate

Postipate Registered

Great to hear AI works well! Haven't tested on many tracks yet :) Great idea for league. Would love to join if I have time.

20. Douglas Taylor

Douglas Taylor Registered

Come along. Same for anyone else - all skill levels accepted!
    It’s been brought to my attention the discord link is broken. Fixing the web page with the right link is in hand - but my friend and site admin is enjoying personal time with his family (and rightfully so) .
    In the meantime, link for my discord is here if your having trouble with signups or want more info:
    http://ghostdogf1.gavinkelly.co.uk/
    https://discord.gg/ussTtMk

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Cristiano Corraini likes this.