[WIP] F1 1982 League Edition - Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by EmperorOfFinland, Oct 16, 2021.

1. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Okay i have started the big work of redoing the driverskins for the new drivermodel given its 40-55 drivers and different skins that i need to do.

As the biggest complaint has been the old driver models of the cars i decided to get the animated drivermodel in and start doing it

So i need to take this F1 1982 Mod Cars 66.png

And take the logos and other stuff and translate them to here F1 1982 Mod Cars 67.png

I experimentally did AI upscaling of the existing textures to get better logos and then just copy pasting the logos so i dont have to go and find new logos for the driver, the AI upscaling should be mostly okay for the job. it will muck up some of the details but in general its passable to use it.

It will take 5-10 years until its universally good so you can just throw old skins to the ai and it does perfect job. So this is a stopgap measure for now as i can reuse assets and dont have to spend time searching the internet for perfect logos as i dont have them at hand right now.

F1 1982 Mod Cars 68.png

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    trollray, Bostrom, vava74 and 2 others like this.
  2. EmperorOfFinland

I finished the driver texture for the whole driver now. although it took me about 2-3 hours

F1 1982 Mod Cars 69.png

GPNeville, vava74, atomed and 3 others like this.
  3. EmperorOfFinland

Here is the decesaris skin i made

F1 1982 Mod Cars 70.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 71.png

So practically alfa romeo is done now so i can move to other teams

bears, vava74, Hazi and 1 other person like this.
  4. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i finished Baldis driverskin and made it fit to the car

F1 1982 Mod Cars 72.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 73.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 74.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 75.png

Bjørn, Mauro and vava74 like this.
  5. EmperorOfFinland

And here is Surer

F1 1982 Mod Cars 76.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 77.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 78.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 79.png

Hazi, GPNeville and Mauro like this.
  6. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Love your pit parking fleet, emperorThe driver skins are superb too ;-)

7. EmperorOfFinland

Thanks its a converted track from AC that i have been working on, i should finish the conversion quite soonish.

Also here are the ATS guys,

Salazar
    F1 1982 Mod Cars 82.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 83.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 85.png

Winkelhock

F1 1982 Mod Cars 80.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 81.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 84.png

Now i think its time to go to sleep and continue the work tomorrow or take time off again depends how i feel on the morning :D

so 3 teams out of 17 teams done.

Also full credits go to the people who made the original skins as they are a nice blueprint to take logos from with the power of AI and put them in where they need to be. So it makes this work much easier as i dont have to search info about the driversuits myself

vava74 and GPNeville like this.
  8. EmperorOfFinland

I have been reworking the audiosets for the different engines and i added new sounds for the cars that did not use turbo engine in 1982 based on what the team used as their first turbo engine. so this means that the sounds are as follows

Alfa V12 3.0L NA= Alfa Romeo
    Alfa V8 Turbo 1.5L= Alfa Romeo, Osella
    BMW 1.5L Turbo= ATS, Brabham, Arrows, Toleman
    Ford Cosworth DFV 3.0L NA= Brabham, Williams, Tyrell, Mclaren, Lotus, ATS, Ensign, March, Fittipaldi,Arrows, Theodore, Toleman, Osella
    Ferrari 3.0L Flat V12 NA= Ferrari
    Ferrari 1.5L Turbo V6= Ferrari
    Renault 1.5 V6 Turbo= Renault, Tyrell, Lotus, Ligier
    Matra V12 3.0L NA = Ligier
    Honda V6 Turbo 1.5L = Williams
    TAG Porsche V6 Turbo 1.5L = Mclaren

vava74, Bostrom, pkelly and 5 others like this.
  9. EmperorOfFinland

I think i will make a video today showcasing the mixture of sounds i have got together, I have made 1 sound completely by myself that being the alfa V8 Turbo sound, its rather rough still as documentation on how to soundmod was not that clear so i basically learned on the job, I also gave the Matra V12 the extrernal sound upgrade what also needs some finetweaking on the sound of the car

Rest sounds either came with the mod originally or i loaned from other f1 mods ofcourse crediting the original enginesound makers.

vava74 and pkelly like this.
  10. jymp

jymp Registered

Look forward to it

11. EmperorOfFinland

okay i managed to get the video into the renderer. its going to take about 1h 45mins to render it and then its going to take about 1-2 hours to upload it. so i think its going to be up at 21-22 my time

vava74, Pauli Partanen and Mauro like this.
  12. EmperorOfFinland

okay the video is here, its just 360p now but i think the quality should improve quite quickly indeed im leaving it here so you can find it tomorrow and watch it.

likes_simracing, Mauro and atomed like this.
  13. EmperorOfFinland

Another day another update that i have been working over the course of the last few days, i integrated the drivers to the cars so brabham and ferrari have fully textured drivers,

F1 1982 Mod Cars 86.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 95.png

im not sure is the brabham suit supposed to be like this for both of the drivers so if you have more pictures or info forward them to this thread so i can read them and edit the driversuits of the brabham drivers

Now the ferraribois
    Andretti

F1 1982 Mod Cars 89.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 90.png

Pironi

F1 1982 Mod Cars 88.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 91.png

Tambay

F1 1982 Mod Cars 87.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 92.png

Villeneuve

F1 1982 Mod Cars 93.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 94.png

So all the driver models visible here are integrated into the main test build at the moment and they work as expected albeit i have to get different animation file for the legs as they peek out of the car a bit due to the animationmodel not fitting entirely in the cockpits.

If you want to see me throw the cars around in the track i will start driving the cars in about 30 minutes for 1-2 hours on my own twitchchannel at https://www.twitch.tv/emperoroffinland

So basically i put a new version of the turbo car physics that im testing on the track and seeing how the car fares around the track.

15:00 Finnish Time

GPNeville, vava74 and Mauro like this.
  14. EmperorOfFinland

So i have been speaking with postipate, i could release the mod as a beta version with the cars that are currently on good shape. but the main problem is that there is alot of graphical problems relating to the mod but the physicsside is quite done already, so what is left on the mod is to fix the worsequality carmodels that i added and overall adding of new shaders to the cars and so on.

Im not willing to release a fully unfinished mod just yet but i could technically release a version that had the best carmodels around on the mod to get extra testfeedback. But if i release it as a beta it will basically mean that its not allowed to use it for any league racing purposes at all. as the mod is unfinished for the most part.

Also im working really hard on getting the graphical aspects of the mod fixed but its alot of work to do it so i expect 2-3 months of work until im done with the graphical updates and when i would release the mod myself.

I could do like chief and postipate did with F1 1975 mod and get the best models out of the mod and release it without the extra cars that dont work and release it on a car by car basis. But i also could release it just on the forums and get feedback like that. as a beta version.

The physics are mostly tuned at this point so they will not have major revisions mostlikely and all the cars are driveable, they just lack in graphical representation. And that is taking most of the work currently.

So if you want to have access to beta what cant be used for league racing like this post so i see about it.

bears, GPNeville and Mauro like this.
  15. EmperorOfFinland

So i basically have ran the mod through the new turboengine and it seems to perform quite well.
    I also fixed the Graphical offset of the Lotus and Renault cars

But the most nicest thing is this.

BEHOLD

F1 1982 Mod Cars 96.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 97.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 98.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 99.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 100.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 101.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 102.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 103.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 104.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 105.png

atomed, Hazi, Bostrom and 6 others like this.
  16. EmperorOfFinland

F1 1982 Mod Cars 106.png

F1 1982 Mod Cars 107.png

I restored the pitcrews that the mod has and now they are working with Rfactor 2 so now when you go to pits you have the pitcrewmen of the team that is racing.

trollray, atomed, pkelly and 7 others like this.
  17. vava74

vava74 Registered

Very cool. Even stationary ghosts add a lot of immersion to the scene...

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

attack of the clones :D

19. EmperorOfFinland

I probably need to fix them a bit but basically when you enter they are flush so they only get tilted when you enter the pits. but there is probably a way to fix that too.

Only issue being that the pitcrew editing process is not that well documented, atleast i could not find information on how to edit them

20. EmperorOfFinland

Okay i have been tweaking the DFV engine and i noticed yesterday that atleast mclaren had Qualifying DFV engines that lasted couple laps So i decided to give an option for the DFV to use a boostlevel with extra 20hp. but i will make it so punishing that the engine only lasts 2-5 laps with it. this will allow me to drag the atmos car closer to the qualifying laptimes but also make the car bit slower for the race.

EngineBoostRange=(0, 0, 2) // Number of possible boost settings, this can be used in conjunction with BoostTurboPressure to alter turbo boost pressures
    EngineBoostSetting=0
    EngineBoostSpecial=(0,"510hp - ","Race", 0)
    EngineBoostSpecial=(1,"530hp - ","Qualifying", 0)
    BoostEffects=(0.0, 0.01, 0.8) // RPM change per setting, fuel increase per setting, engine wear rate per setting
    BoostTorque=0.05 // fraction torque per setting (applies to all RPMs)
    BoostPower=0.05

Mauro likes this.