[REL] F1 1979 HISTORIC EDITION 2.02 BY POSTIPATE

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Hello!

Tyrrell, Arrows and Brabham have flickering black boxes. Have somebody found any others that I need to fix?

2. jymp

jymp Registered

Thanks for the info on the tracks Postipate,....also..if anyone wants to convert them to rF2 ??, I have all 15 F1 79' tracks in a track pack zip from rF1.
    Will look for more flickering with the cars.

RKing and Pauli Partanen like this.
  3. Pauli Partanen

Just look for very clearly seen black boxes. Dont mind the smaller ones yet if you find. Below you see example
    imgpsh_fullsize.png

Changelog now:
    I have now made new engine files with new torque values (now I have same as the rF1 had)
    New engine brake values
    New brake heating values
    New engine heating values
    Small adjusments to brakes.
    Ride height corrected to right values
    New tire grip values

I also might have change to have 4k textures for this mod, so lets keep fingers crossed :)

4. jymp

jymp Registered

I do see the flickering on several cars, but no big black boxes...yet...did notice the Ferrari rear wing is pretty high, may need to lower it, based on photos of actual car,

5. Pauli Partanen

Hello!
    These era of cars had usually many variations of the wings during season, so im sure they had that height in some races :)

6. MARIOSF1

MARIOSF1 Registered

Will you be adding the different wings that Ferrari for example used? I remember the rf1 mod had it.

pascom likes this.
  7. Pauli Partanen

Mod I conveterted dont have it. I might remember wrong, but there was atleast 3 kinds of ferraris with the original 1979 mod.

I was thinking to update the rest of the cars to this standard from original mod (lotus 80 etc), but not really focusing on it now. Maybe later when this is "finished" :)

pascom and MARIOSF1 like this.
  8. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Look, it's not hard to test the cars negativities.

if you or anyone decide to go about it, here's one example how:
    take the rpm 1/4 of the rev range below max torque, flik the weight to the side and step on the trottle (for 1/2second to 1 second) while the weight of the car is still on one side. do this with every gear.

Every car in real world would spin in that situation. However most 3rd party mods survive that situation more or less, especially with higher gears due to unrealistic aero. some even if you leave the pedal to the metal when doing this.

i dont think it is intentional, but making a sim car you cant test it only like you would test a real car in real life, because the real one is REAL.
    to make sure that the sim car resembles the real car you have to test it's negativities aswell.

like i said i dont think it's intentional. most modders just dont do that kind of testing, propably because they never tought about it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Guimengo likes this.
  9. Pauli Partanen

So every car in world will spin with every gear?
    Could you video of this with 1975 historic mod I made (Lotus 72d car), so I see your point better and testing methods. Sorry didnt understand that fully :)

Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847990920

Fraps is free video capture program http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Upload to youtube. Www.youtube.com

Reason for that 1975 mod is that its ready. This one yet not :)

Thanks for your help :)

10. Mauro

Mauro Registered

with dx11 i haven't black box bug (black on side of livery, correct?)
    i never saw that.

11. Pauli Partanen

It comes only sometimes. Havent seen it myself but chiefwiggum has :)

12. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

yes. it's not rocket science. when you have weight on 1 side you only have less than half (less because tire deformation) of traction available, and if you allready are 1/4 from max torgue it WILL spin. higher gear = higher speed = higher (side) load on tire = even less traction available.

what's there not to understand?

13. Pauli Partanen

Could you still make video of how you transfer the weight, so I know we are on same page :)
    Dont get me wrong. Glad you are helping!

14. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

you are finnish and dont know "scandinavian flik"? that's how you iniate drift with every car. that's why drift cars have huge steering lock to catch the drift to prevent spin.
    nyt pate perkele. hattu kouraan. etkä saa yllytettyä mua tekemään videota näin dorkasta asiasta.

15. Pauli Partanen

Of course I know :) sorry to trouble you and thanks for feedback. I will defently focus this on future.
    You still have good insight on things so could you test the 1975 mod. Its made as best i could

16. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

That's what I was wondering about, why did you use the Checkered Flag version ? It's not exactly an improvement from the original mod, far from it.
    In any case, thanks to all people involved on this mod.

Guimengo likes this.
  17. Pauli Partanen

Good question! Well Mauro got permission and I went for it :) atleast on pics it looked better. What parts looked better in your opinion? I havent compared at all yet.

18. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I don't know how deep you want to get into the whole physics part of this mod but I figure I'll post this here, might also be helpful for others looking to do some F1 modding. It's from a book "Formula 1 Technology" by Peter Wright. Now the numbers here are max theoretical downforce. Depending on the track deferent setups would be used, based on how much drag you're willing to put up with. However as the ground effect cars have really good aero efficiency the numbers are probably pretty close as far as the top teams that year.
    TK

Attached Files:

• f1df.jpg
      f1df.jpg
      File size:
      38.9 KB
      Views:
    Pauli Partanen likes this.
  19. Pauli Partanen

Wow man. Thats important information for me. Could you give information of the book. Like what more is there?

Bit suprised of how much those high winged cars would give downforce compared to cars like 72d. So 49b high wing would have more downforce as the revolutional 72d?

This also would prove my point these cars having downforce like in modern F1 but 300-400 horsepower less.

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

simple, after arnao's problems for general low quality cockpit, etc... 1979 rf2 conversion project has stopped.

Then i found this 2016 Checkered Flag updated version of 1979 mod.
    As i read they updated model, 3d suspensions, cockpit texture, skins, wheels, ecc...
    Here you can find update by update before final version http://virtualclassics.lightbb.com/...olo-para-actualizaciones-por-favor-no-postead

It seems chekered flag mod have many improvements than original gpc79 mod

I asked permissions and i posted here on rf2 forum that opportunity

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017