[REL] F1 1975 Historic *UPDATE NOW ON STEAM*

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Many thanks Postipate for the effort you have put in, really looking forward to this and will drive it with fond memories of Dave Purdy, Dave was a great friend and very good racer.
    I know Dave would loved to have been trying this out right now!!

God bless you Dave, from all at F1SR.

2. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

So I heard he passed away.. so its true. Very very sad to hear. Seemed to be very nice guy. He made easy engine file editor I used years ago.

Engine and transmission files are his work on this mod!

God bless and may he rest in piece.

Alex72 likes this.
  3. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

hmmmm...so nice!!! really fun for me it's origina F1 75[​IMG]'s spirit mod in rF2 ;)
    I have not watched what to review, I just have some fun tonight!
    your first release it's success, Big thanks Postipate!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Pauli Partanen likes this.
  4. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Server running called F1SR F175 test

Dale B and Pauli Partanen like this.
  5. Claudio Navonne

Claudio Navonne Registered

Thanks for the work! Beautiful mod !! A question the Brabham # 7 of Reutemann is the only car that does not have the option to change the driving FFB??

6. Pauli Partanen

My gf would kill me if I go racing middle of night... i would love to join you guys some other day if you keep server up!!!
    Waited online racing for so long.

Btw. What track oldseb?

7. Pauli Partanen

Most likely my mistake.
    Very big thank you for noticing. I will fix this in next build :)

Alex72 and Claudio Navonne like this.
  8. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Imola Trackpack f1 88 ;)

9. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Very cool. Thank you very much for doing the conversion work and thanks to ChiefWiggum for the permission and work. You guys are awesome. :)

10. bears

bears Registered

Great stuff guys lots and lots of hard work much appreciated

11. Pauli Partanen

Thank you!

Alex72 likes this.
  12. Comante

Comante Registered

For starter: thank you for your dedition to this project. I briefly tried a random car (the Shadow), don't know if it's the car or the defaul setup, but I found the car quite understeering, or more probably, I have no idea how I should try to drive them. So, what are you suggestion about driving those cars? Thanks and cheers.

13. Pauli Partanen

If you have now time, come to F1SR F175 server now! I will be there for short time. Im very happy to help

Usually brake little earlier to get good exit and apply more throttle to get good grip (you can very much control this car with throttle pedal).
    Dont worry to have slight slide with the car. You can quite easily learn to control it.

edit: there is also quite much cars, so some cars can easily have to understeering default setup.

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Thank you very much for this mod and the work by all the people involved. Finaly I can drive a Lotus 72 in rF2. 70's Lotus cars are amongst the most sexy cars of all time. Beautiful shapes with beautiful liveries and fantastic sound.

Considering this is a WIP mod and that it's roots go back as far as F1 Challenge it is of quite remarkable quality and if the rough edges get polished it'll be a must have for sure. I am sure you know of some glitches like missing visors or drivers so I am looking forward to version 1.0.
    It would be very nice to get the different sounds for the cars from the rF1 version, because they sound pretty bad ass from my POV and make you go grazy :D

Testing the AI around Kyalami and comparing it to other mods I have to say that AI felt a bit slow on that track. Maybe I need to test a bit more, but the Group C cars on that track give you a real challenge.

Anyway, cockpits are fantastic, physics are good and the whole immersion while wrestling them around Kyalami, one of my favorite tracks - makes it feel like entering a time machine. Just makes me think of legendary tracks like Montjuich and how awesome it would be to have such a track with the quality of Monaco by ISI in rF2. Would also make a perfect fit for the 917k. Anyway, one can only dream.

Please keep up the great work. ;)

Pauli Partanen and bears like this.
  15. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Looks really good visually. I tried it offline in the Lotus at Mopsort. Seemed to run and handled fairly well against Ai. Tried the Shadow online Rouen. Seemed to overheat easily even with radiator on 10. Maybe due to over revving. You have to brake a lot earlier. I didn't check the brake temps. Suspension adjustment on front springs was limited more on left than right, and while back was symmetrical and non symmetrical as they should be, front was non symmetrical regardless of the symmetrical setting. Hope that helps with where some updating might be helpful.

BRM at Rouen seemed to overheat and odd aerobalance with default setup.

16. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Thank you to Postipate, Mauro and the F1 1975 orig modders. RIP Dave!

Pauli Partanen and jerrymcc like this.
  17. Pauli Partanen

Idea of heating was to keep it on "yellow" (100-117) and it wont reduce your engine life. Only when it goes to red it would damage your car. So keeping the engine cool would be real challenge. Havent tested this enough, so engine can heat too much like you said
    Suspension adjustment was my mistake and there other cars with it too. Will fix this for next build.
    Brm was not really good car to drive that year so it should be harder to drive also.

Guimengo likes this.
  18. Pauli Partanen

Use 107 ai (if you mean that 1976 tracks) and 100 agression.
    I had awesome battles with ai. Aiw fast line would need little work for this mod

And thanks for feedback! That lotus is very sexy beast. I have idea to add animated arms, but I have some weird problems with it (problem might be my version of 3dsimed like some others suggested). I know that visor bug and will fix it :)

Yeah some good quality sounds for many cars would be really cool. :)

Hopefully modders could make more 70's tracks soon!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    jerrymcc and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  19. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

It would be great to pull together a 1975 track pack or at lease collect links to the tracks needed to run a full 1975 season.

It's been ages since I ran the GP 79 mod conversion for rFactor 2 but didn't that conversion include the 1979 season tracks? If so, when comparing the 1979 season to the 1975 season, the following tracks would cover the 1975 season in addition to those in the GP 79 mod:

Montjuic
    Paul Ricard
    Anderstorp
    Nurburgring

Plenty of good 'Rings available along with some 1975 versions of tracks like Kyalami and Zolder but I don't recall Montjuic, Paul Ricard (1975 version) or Anderstorp making it to rFactor 2. If any of those tracks are available, I hope someone could put up a link!

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  20. Pauli Partanen

Gp79 didnt have any trackpack in my memory (or it was deleted)
    There is some 70's tracks converted from rf1, but sadly they still need lot of work to be finished. 75 Nurburgring is already done and you can find it on forums if you want to test.
    I made 75 anderstorp comversion myself, but its nearly not finished and i dont have skills to finish it to be rf2 quality. Its drivable, but not enjoyable.