Eyefinity and rFactor2

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Hedlund_90, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Decided to invest in 3 new monitors to try eyefinity and though I haven't really set them up in the correct angle, I can say that I won't be able to go back to single screen... Well, it was too much for my single 7970, so I'm waiting for another one to install and hope rF2 is playable.

Here's an article about triple screen support in games and rF2: http://www.altesc.net/2013/05/06/eyefinity-guide-an-in-depth-how-to/4/
    It was interesting to read, and it list a few issues I have. I'm thinking of this:

[​IMG]

This makes it impossible to angle the monitors more than a few degrees. First, I started with a quite sharp angle, but I had to move the monitors back when I entered the game. Now it's 'playable' but the angles are not 100% perfect. Watching replay with 3 screens? Forget about it...

Will rF2 have better support for triple screens, like assetto corsa that's also mentioned in the article?
    I really, really, really hope so. I've seen a few questions about it but no ISI answer? Anyone who knows??

Any advices for me that could make it look better?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just angle your monitors until it's perfect, and you'll be good to go :)

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Are you using Multiview?

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

How much do you have them angled? Because I only have a very low angle right now and if I angle them any more it will only look worse. I would like to have the screens wrapped around me much more, but it looks like the best thing would be to have them in a straight line. That feels wrong but maybe it look best this way?

Also I don't understand what's the point with multiview in replay. It's good for in-car cams only. TV cams will look totally crazy.

Yes. Don't know exactly what it does though..

5. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I think for Multiview to look right you need to make sure your eyes are level with the middle of your screens.

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Multi-view is supposed to render each screen as a separate image instead of all 3 as a single image. I think this is so that the angle will look better when you angle in the side monitors so that the image doesn't stretch on the sides. You will take a performance hit when you use multi-view though. Without multi-view your monitors should be straight to get the best looking picture.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I think my eyes are in pretty much perfekt level with the middle of my screens.

Thanks. And yes I saw the difference now when I tried it again :)

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Now I managed to get it to look much, much better. I've been trying to get the perfect angle for an hour now, but it all fall into place when I looked at the monitors from a lower position. I thought that my eyes was in level with middle of the screen, but obviously not. I can't lower my chair anymore and I have no stand for the monitors to adjust, so I put books under the monitors to get them higher. It's still not enough but it's much better than before.

Road and wall angles looks almost perfect from my driving position, but the incorrect angle is more noticable when driving the corvette and looking at the rear mirror camera. I have quite low FOV and seat in a position so that the rear mirror camera is splitted between my middle and right monitor. I can only see the lower half of the camera and the angle of the camera-frame is not correct. But I can live with that until I get a monitor stand or find a better solution.

And I can have the monitors more wrap around me, like I wanted it. Thanks guys :)

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Glad to help out Hedlund. As for the mirrors, if you have mapped keys to move your seat you can use the same keys along with alt or shift to adjust mirrors. There is also an option in the .plr file that allows you to adjust the position of the center mirror to get it into a better spot.