SOLVED Extreme slow safety car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Imre Bende, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

We use the original S397 rF2 Safety car.
    What is extreme slow, max speed is 80km/h

I checked the circuit GDB file

FormationSpeedKPH = 240
    SafetyCarSpeedKPH = 240

Any chance for repait it?
    I made the race mod file with default rfm

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The speed of the safety car is is the least of your worries. The field will become jumbled, fragmented, and eventually you'll be told to follow the wrong car. Most of us just turn the flags off. AI improvements are not a priority until after the UI and online competition segments are improved. To answer your question though, once you make the rf mod, you are stuck with it. You cannot edit the mod, you have to create a new one.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

If you make your own .rfm file and save it to desktop (or any specified location other than within rF2) and use that .rfm file when you set up your mod file for the server.
    In your new .rfm you have to change the formation speed to the desired KPH but be aware that the faster you make it, the more likely the field will become fragmented and you can end up having to follow the wrong car as @davehenrie said above.
    You can also set pit speeding penalties, number of laps of the safety car, how blue flags are treated (penalty or not), how many laps to serve penalties. All sorts of things in .rfm
    Be aware that sometimes the .GDB will override the .rfm

buzz hornet likes this.
  4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I’ve seen some overwrite and some not, do you know what bit in particular in the gdb file determines if it takes priority over the rfm?

5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

No @Goanna it seems random. I was told once that it was because the GDB loads last so has the last word but that might be for pit lane speed. eg: my .rfm has pit lane speed set to 60KPH and some tracks will still be at 80 or 100 (set in gdb). Mostly my safety car behaves the way I have asked it to but on occasion it will stay out for more than one complete lap or run at 140KPH instead of the 110 I have it set to.
    Just roll the dice my friend and see what happens, best advice I can give you. ;)
    I have posted a large portion of my .rfm for safety car and penalty handling in another thread for FCY and AI issues. (for the life of me I can't remember where) Here is what I have mine set to.
    There is more stuff that comes with the standard .rfm that I haven't added here but if you put any changes in between "SafetyCarAvailable = 1" and "StartingMoney = 5000000 and don't forget the brackets, it should all work ok. PS: I just noticed that in the blurb that some points have in the list below it says can be overridden by gdb.

DefaultScoring
    {
    FormationSpeedKPH = 110
    NormalPitKPH = 60
    Practice1Day = Friday
    Practice1Start = 11:00
    Practice1Duration = 60
    Practice2Day = Friday
    Practice2Start = 13:00
    Practice2Duration = 60
    Practice3Day = Saturday
    Practice3Start = 9:00
    Practice3Duration = 45
    Practice4Day = Saturday
    Practice4Start = 10:15
    Practice4Duration = 45
    QualifyDay = Saturday
    QualifyStart = 13:00
    QualifyDuration = 60
    QualifyLaps = 12
    WarmupDay = Sunday
    WarmupStart = 9:30
    WarmupDuration = 30
    RaceDay = Sunday
    RaceStart = 14:00
    RaceLaps = 50
    RaceTime = 120

// RULES
    // Pit speed limits in kilometers per hour for race and normal (all other sessions); default=80.0 kph (= 49.7 mph).
    RacePitKPH = 60 //24.85mph
    NormalPitKPH = 60
    FormationSpeedKPH = 110

RearFlapWetThreshold=0.5 // maximum track wetness allowed for rear flaps to be used (any session)
    RearFlapZoneSessions=16 // allowed sessions, added together (1=test, 2=practice, 4=qualifying, 8=warmup, 16=race)

PitExitClosedRacePenalty = 1 // Whether to apply a penalty for exiting the pits when closed during the race session
    FormationAndStart=0 // 0=standing start, 1=formation lap & standing start, 2=lap behind safety car & rolling start, 3=use track default, 4=fast rolling start
    NumberOfFormationLaps = 1
    HeadlightsRequired = false // whether headlights are required at night

SafetyCarRoadMult=1.00 // Safety car threshold multipliers, in other words an adjustment for the sensitivity of the game to calling full-course cautions.
    SafetyCarOvalMult=1.0 // Lower numbers result in more full-course cautions; default=1.0, possible values are 0.01 (very sensitive) and up.
    SpinRoadSeverity=0.00 // Whether full-course cautions may be called for a spin more than 90 degrees where the driver keeps going.
    SpinOvalSeverity=0.10 // Higher values will result in more full-course cautions due to these temporary spins; default=0.0, possible values are 0.0-2.0.

PitSpeedingAllowance = 4 // General tolerance for very momentary speeding (this value has no particular units); default=4.0

// Penalties for two severities of pit speeding in the race session under green or yellow flags; defaults are
    // stop/go for a major violation, drivethru for a minor violation.
    // Possible values are -1=no penalty 0=stop/go 1=drivethru 2=longest line 3=DQ.
    PitSpeedingRaceGreenMajorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingRaceGreenMajorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingRaceYellowMajorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingRaceYellowMajorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingRaceGreenMinorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingRaceGreenMinorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingRaceYellowMinorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingRaceYellowMinorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go

// Speeding penalties in qualification and practice/warmup
    PitSpeedingQualifyGreenMajorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingQualifyGreenMajorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingQualifyYellowMajorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingQualifyYellowMajorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingQualifyGreenMinorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingQualifyGreenMinorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingQualifyYellowMinorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingQualifyYellowMinorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go

PitSpeedingPracticeGreenMajorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingPracticeGreenMajorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingPracticeYellowMajorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingPracticeYellowMajorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingPracticeGreenMinorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingPracticeGreenMinorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitSpeedingPracticeYellowMinorPenalty=1
    PitSpeedingPracticeYellowMinorPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go

// Pit enter/exit closed penalties (does NOT apply to pits closing for cautions)
    PitExitClosedRacePenalty=0
    PitExitClosedRacePenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitExitClosedQualifyPenalty=1
    PitExitClosedQualifyPenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go
    PitExitClosedPracticePenalty=1
    PitExitClosedPracticePenaltyValue=10 // only relevant for stop/go

LuckyDog = 0 // Whether leading car one lap down can re-gain his lap during a full-course caution. Possible values are 0=off, 1=used at ovals only, 2=used at road courses only, 3=used everywhere.
    LuckyDogLapsLeft = 0 // How many laps must be left for lucky dog to take effect; default = 10, possible values are 0 (meaning it is always applicable) and up.

MinimumYellowLaps = 1 // Minimum laps during a full-course yellow; default = 2, possible values are 1 (?) and up ... remember that it might be useful to override this one in some track GDBs.
    RandomYellowLaps = 0 // Additional random yellow laps; default = 1, possible values are 0 and up.
    ClosePits = 0 // Whether pits are closed during the first part of the full-course yellow; default=0, possible values 0 or 1.
    PitsClosedLaps = 1 // How many laps the pits remain closed during the first part of the full-course yellow; default=1, possible/ values are 1 and up (probably needs to be less than MinimumYellowLaps, though)
    LeadYellowLaps = 2 // This is the threshold for the number of yellow flag laps to determine whether the lead-lappers get to pit before everyone else. Only valid if ClosePits is enabled; default=2, possible values are 0 (never let leaders pit first) and up.
    ClosedPitPenalty = 1 // Penalty given for getting served on a closed pitlane (meaning that the vehicle entered AFTER the pit was closed); default=2, possible values are 0=stop/go 1=drivethru 2=longest line.

LocalYellowsRoad = 1 // Whether local yellows are available, which can be different for road vs. oval courses; default=1, possible values 0 or 1.
    LocalYellowsOval = 1

BlueFlags = 1 // 0=no blue flags, 1=show but never penalize, 2=show and penalize if necessary for vehicles within 0.3 seconds, 3=0.5 seconds, 4=0.7 seconds, 5=0.9 seconds, 6=1.1 seconds

PrivateQualifying = 0 // Private qualifying, which means that everyone is qualifying simultaneously but alone on track; default=0, possible values 0 or 1.

AdditivePenalties = 0 // Whether penalties add to each other, essentially meaning they can all be served at once; default=0, possible values 0 or 1.

LapsToServePenalty = 3 // Number of laps to serve the penalty before being disqualified; default=3, possible values 1 and up.

PassingBeforeLineOval=0 // Whether passing is allowed on starts and restarts before the start/finish line; default=0, possible values are 1=passing on right is legal, 2=passing on left is legal, and 3=passing anywhere is legal.
    PassingBeforeLineRoad=0

FreezeOrder = 1 // Whether order of vehicles is frozen when the full-course yellow is first shown. If necessary, server will correct the order as people cross the start/finish line; default=0, possible values 0 or 1.

// Behavior if full-course yellow is active at the end of a race; default=0, possible values are 0=race finishes normally, 1=finish will be delayed one time only and will allow one lap after the green flag,
    // 2=finish will be delayed one time only and will allow two laps after the green flag, 3=finish can be delayed multiple times, with only one lap allowed after the green flag (not sure this option works as expected),
    // 4=finish can be delayed multiple times, with two laps needed after the green flag. Note that a full-course yellow called on the very last lap will NOT currently delay the finish. Also note that this feature does
    // not work for timed races.
    FinishUnderCaution = 0

CountCautionLaps = 1 // Whether caution laps are counted towards the total number of laps; default=0, possible values 0 or 1.

DoubleFileRestarts=0 // Whether restarts are double-file and how many laps left are required to do so; default=0, possible values are 0=off, 1+=laps left required to convert to double file.

ParcFerme = 0 // Control over what changes can be made between qualifying and race; default=0, possible values are 0=no restrictions, 1=restrictions apply, 2=restrictions apply as long as it doesn't rain in qualifying or afterwards
    // Whether fuel level remains the same (only if parc ferme is applicable). In general, this value specifies what fraction of the qualifying session is reached before fuel usage becomes "free"; default=0.0, possible
    // values are 0.0-1.0, where 0.0 indicates fuel level is always free, 0.5 would mean fuel level at the halfway point of qualifying will be used to start the race, and 1.0 means fuel level at the end of qualifying will
    // be used to start the race (and no refueling allowed during qualifying).
    ParcFermeFuel = 0.0
    ParcFermeTires = 10 // How many of the top qualifiers have to keep their used tires on for the race (only if parc ferme is applicable); default=0, possible values are 0 and up (300 recommended if everybody has to keep their used tires).
    ParcFermeSetup = 1 // Whether setup used during qualifying must be used during the race (only if parc ferme is applicable), except for the RFM/season/GDB or PLR file "FreeSettings"; default=1, possible values 0 or 1.

// Settings that are free to be changed regardless of parc ferme. You must add the values of each setting that drivers are free to change:
    // 1 = steering lock, 2 = brake pressure, 4 = starting fuel, 8 = fuel strategy, 16 = tire compound, 32 = brake bias, 64 = front wing, 128 = engine settings (rev limit, boost, and engine braking)
    // Possible values are -1 (use default value) up to 255 (which equals 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128).
    FreeSettings = 244

// Method to end timed races. The default behavior is to wait until the leader crosses the start/finish line before waving the checkered flag.
    // However, in the case that the leader has crashed out but is multiple laps ahead of the second-place vehicle, there needs to be a fail-safe case.
    // This value defines how many laps non-leaders can complete after time runs out before being given the checkered flag; default=2 (which means that, in most normal circumstances, the checkered flag will be given
    // when the leader crosses the s/f line), possible values are 1 (which would be the original rFactor behavior) or any positive integer.
    TimedRaceNonLeaderLaps = 2
    }

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    AlexNordic and buzz hornet like this.
  6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

One more thing, if you replace the All Tracks & Cars_10.rfm within in the mas file of the same name in \Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\rFm your offline races will have the same conditions. When there is a major update it tends to overwrite this file with a fresh one so I back mine up and replace after updates.
    Good luck.;)

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@JimmyT Thanks matey, I delved about 18 months ago into the gdb and couldn't identify anything that "takes priority" over rfm, just thought you might have discovered something.. :D

JimmyT likes this.
  8. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

this is the server, not user pc.
    i think that the game use the server player.json
    its true?

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You can use a custom rfm when creating the vmod on the server, however sometimes the track gdb data will override the rfm.

10. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

ok, on the server.
    use the rfm, or server player.json, or track GDB?

and the blue flag? where can i edit on server? rfm or player.json?

its crazy

11. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

Ok, i checked, the blue flag editable in player.json on server
    So, i'm looking for the solution, where is the correct server data for safety car speed

12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

When you make the frmod for the server, you get this window
    upload_2020-6-4_22-1-11.png
    So if you check customise and use the B you can browse for the .rfm that you have edited for safety car or blue flag etc. (safety car speed is formation speed as in post #5.)
    eg:
    upload_2020-6-4_22-4-25.png
    then when you finish making the rfmod for the server it uses that .rfm file. If you use the default .rfm file you'll get default settings. and if you edit the default and use it, it rewrites it to the default setting when you save it. (I haven't figured out why yet) That's why, in the long run, I found it easier to have a separate .rfm file on the server that is named differently and stored outside of the rF2 folder.
    Hope this helps a little.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    buzz hornet likes this.
  13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

As @JimmyT has said, edit the formation speed value, but i would suggest to edit it in the tracks gdb file, because some gdb values overwrite the rfm values, as @Goanna has said already.

14. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

i tried use different rfm file. the dedicated server cant use it

15. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I use a modified .rfm on my dedi server so it should work.
    Do you still have this at the top of your .rfm file

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2015 ]] [[ ]]
    Mod Name = All Tracks & Cars
    Mod Version = 1.0
    TrackList
    VehicleList
    SafetyCar = CorvettePC.veh
    Size = 0-MB
    Tracks = 0
    Layouts = 0
    Cars = 0
    Skins = 0
    Rating = 5.0
    Loading Bar Color = 16750848
    RaceCast Location = racecast.rfactor.net
    Max Opponents = 103
    Min Championship Opponents = 5
    SafetyCarAvailable = 1
    DefaultScoring

and this at the bottom?

StartingMoney = 100000
    StartingVehicle = clio_14, m2009_04, 370z_10
    DriveAnyUnlocked = 1
    BaseCreditMult = 1.0
    LapMoneyMult = 1.0
    LapExpMult = 1.0
    FineMoneyMult = 1.0
    FineExpMult = 0.0
    PoleSingleMoneyMult = 1.0
    PoleSingleExpMult = 1.0
    PoleCareerMoneyMult = 1.0
    PoleCareerExpMult = 1.0
    PoleMultiMoneyMult = 1.0
    PoleMultiExpMult = 1.0
    WinSingleMoneyMult = 1.0
    WinSingleExpMult = 1.0
    WinCareerMoneyMult = 1.0
    WinCareerExpMult = 1.0
    WinMultiMoneyMult = 1.0
    WinMultiExpMult = 1.0
    PointsSingleMoneyMult = 1.0
    PointsSingleExpMult = 1.0
    PointsCareerMoneyMult = 1.0
    PointsCareerExpMult = 1.0
    PointsMultiMoneyMult = 1.0
    PointsMultiExpMult = 1.0
    SeasonScoringInfo
    {
    FirstPlace = 20
    SecondPlace = 14
    ThirdPlace = 10
    FourthPlace = 8
    FifthPlace = 6
    SixthPlace = 4
    SeventhPlace = 3
    EighthPlace = 2
    NinthPlace = 1
    }
    PitOrderByQualifying = false
    PitGroupOrder
    {
    PitGroup = 2, Group1
    PitGroup = 2, Group2
    PitGroup = 2, Group3
    PitGroup = 2, Group4
    PitGroup = 2, Group5
    PitGroup = 2, Group6
    PitGroup = 2, Group7
    PitGroup = 2, Group8
    PitGroup = 2, Group9
    PitGroup = 2, Group10
    PitGroup = 2, Group11
    PitGroup = 2, Group12
    PitGroup = 2, Group13
    PitGroup = 2, Group14
    PitGroup = 2, Group15
    PitGroup = 2, Group16
    PitGroup = 2, Group17
    PitGroup = 2, Group18
    PitGroup = 2, Group19
    PitGroup = 2, Group20
    PitGroup = 2, Group21
    PitGroup = 2, Group22
    PitGroup = 2, Group23
    PitGroup = 2, Group24
    }

or something similar. And don't forget the brackets, it won't work without them.

16. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

ok, the solution

1. i crated a new rfm from default.rfm (when i can select rfm, copy and paste a different folder))
    2. put rows datas to this new default.rfm with safety car, and save

DefaultScoring
    {
    RacePitKPH = 100
    FormationSpeedKPH = 170
    SafetyCarSpeedKPH = 200

3. I made the server mod with this default.rfm

and now the safety car use the new FormationSpeedKPH = 170

i think that, the S397 need a good programing guy in quick, because its nightmare

safety car data in circuit GDB, in rFm, in server player.json .. why???

Goanna likes this.
  17. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

18. lagg

lagg Registered

Because the safety car speed depends on the car, the circuit and the champ.
    I don't say that the system is the best. It's flexible but complicated (as rF2 is)

JimmyT and Lazza like this.
  19. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

It would be great if it was something you could set like the race start time or number of opponents. That way people could set and forget or adjust for their car/track/championship. Alas, as with all things, it's probably nowhere near as simple as it sounds and the more options you have, the more difficult it gets for the end user and the UI. (some people still can't figure out the UI that's been around for 8 years).
    I'm sure, having read a lot of the stuff in this forum, that if S397 put the ability to adjust the SC speed into the UI, there would be at least 5 complaints about it before the bottom of the first page of the thread announcing it.

lagg likes this.