Extreme High Hardware Temperatures in rF2

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Kalanur, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

While playing rfactor 2, especially in Multiplayer, the temperatures of my CPU and GPU are getting really hot. It's around 15° Celsius higher than in other games. I've maxed out every setting in rF2 and using Software VSync. I even get constant 60fps and 30 fps while recording with fraps.
    Other games I've tested it with are: pCARS, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3. All games are running fine with maxed out settings but have a lot better CPU and GPU temperatures.
    My PC shut down 3 times now during rFactor 2 races, it has never happened in any other game yet.

My PC Specs:
    AMD Black Phenom II X4 965 3,4GHz
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 560 1GB GDDR5, 301.42 WHQL drivers
    MSI 870A-G54 Mainboard
    Windows 7 64bit

I will try a complete fresh install of Build 90 later. Running a fresh 85 +90 update currently

2. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

I understand you're posting this in the bugs sub-forum and don't get me wrong but:

Allthough any other game shows some lower temps, you're getting good performance with rF2. That's showing that your configuration is up to the job. While it's performing as it should, it maybe gets too hot, but when everything is running just fine in rF2, IMO the simulation isn't the problem. I think the cooling capacity of your config can't handle the CPU and GPU running at full load.

It's just my opinion, maybe someone else could share their thoughts

Edit/

You could try and clean your vents and overall case to remove any dust.. just to make sure

3. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Thank you for your answer.
    I've already cleaned my PC from the inside but it wasn't really dusty.
    The reason why I posted it here is because it only happens since build 90. Never had a crash before and no temperature warnings.
    It's also strange that it only happens in rF2, because I've tried Witcher 2 now and even if it stutters my PC won't get as hot as rFactor2. Could be a coincidence and I will look further into it. Changing the VSync now, maybe it's because the Software VSync uses the CPU instead of GPU (I guess).

4. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

how is your cpu ussage while playing rf2?

5. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

My CPU usage is between 30 and 45% during online race with the usual stuff in the background.
    But I don't have any temperature problems anymore since I've done a complete fresh install of build 90. It looks like something was messed up with my installation.