SOLVED Expiration d'rFactor 2

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Support' started by Wondercag, Dec 25, 2013.

1. zeXav

zeXav Registered

T'inquiète j'ai bien compris un truc avec cette histoire de licence.

ISI n'est pas responsable des autres sites mais ISI ne trouve pas important de communiquer.

Le statut "plus Beta" mais pas "Gold" est un mix parfait pour eux.

D'un côté, ils font marcher la licence en douce.
    De l'autre, ils vont répondre à MaD_King que le jeu est en développement et que les points soulevés seront corrigés (... un jour).

Faites tout de même attention parce les joueurs risquent de se rendre compte qu'on les prend pour des "Betas".

2. zeXav

zeXav Registered

Tim, it's entirely our fault but we know what to do for the renewal.

Keep going in the same way.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

MK's list is obviously very important to us. Things haven't gone as quickly as I think Gjon hoped, of course, but that's why he was so careful to say to judge based on what it is when you purchase.

Communication is interesting. After we removed "beta" from the name, we told media, but some continued to call it that for months. So sometimes even if we do communicate something, it is ignored by others. Not much we can do about that. :(

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you for your answer, understand, so at this time I will recommend to all the players on our league (more than 30 drivers) that not already buy or renew their online licence to wait until the list I gave is resolved. So you will not have new customer and you will loose the one with online renewal to do ...
    I think your strategy is wrong. So please fix these points as kick as possible.
    We tested the new collision model introduced with build 382 and it's worse than the one in the build 342 !!!! Now the online is broker definitely ...

But you cant say to everybody a product is final with the list of features not mature you got today, take may list above. Nobody think you was serious about this !!! You can't be serious in staying with this position !!

5. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Personnes de chez ISI n'a dit qu'il était "final", ou avez-vous lu cela....pas sur le site ou forum officiel.
    Il a juste été mentioner sur le forum que le nom de BETA était retirer et rien d'autre.

6. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

They are right, we French, we also learn French because many do not know the talk

Sorry, I am off topic

7. 88mphTim

Who said it is final? rF1 was not 'final' until 2008. If you want to go by the last update, it was not final until 2013. I think your position (waiting until rF2 development is stopped) is making things difficult for yourself. It's not best for any customer. If you want to wait until whenever you feel ready though, so be it, that's what the purchase page has always said and we asked you to do during what we called beta. We didn't tell people they had to buy now at any time.

8. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

@Valbuena72
    Juste pas très intelligent, surtout qu'il a la délicatesse d'avouer qu'il n'est pas très à l'aise avec notre langue.

9. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

J'ai juste dis ça
    J'ai juste fais un Troll "A joke pour les british", une boutade, manquait un smiley c'est pour ça

P.s Et pas très intelligent de mettre un avatar ISI :p, certains personnes croyait que tu faisais parti du staff ISI (hein wonder ! ):cool:

Bon alors pour résumer ;
    rFactor 2 n'est plus en bêta mais pas en statut finale mais toujours en développement.
    :rolleyes:

10. 88mphTim

Yup (provided I am understanding what you said correctly). ;)

11. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

L'avatar on le choisis à sa guise. ceux du staff on deux images, l'avatar et une autre image en plus.

Mais c'est comme l'achat, faut lire ce qui est afficher ...hein

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Nobody, but between beta & release there is not state existing for a product, and when rF1 was release, it had a clear list of features (published on the ISI website) and all of them are working pretty well. The other patches was improvement or addition.
    I love rF2 and I don't want better graphics or not mandatory things to get for the future, I just want the current feature finished to be able to race online with my league. But it's not possible today, after more than two year of beta. Now it's time to finish step by step, feature by feature the job already done.

13. Wondercag

Wondercag Registered

Tim,

Je préfère écrire en français pour m'exprimer le mieux possible vu que vous le comprenez correctement.

Après 3 pages, avez-vous vraiment l'impression que l'information du passage de beta à... ce que c'est maintenant, est réellement claire ? Je n'ai pas l'impression.
    Je suis régulièrement votre actualité et il est évident que si j'avais été à connaissance d'un tel passage j'aurai acheté rF2 "beta" 9 jours plus tôt (puisqu'au final dans mon cas bien précis c'est une question de 9 jours).

Bref, mon cas à part, à partir du moment où vous ouvrez un jeu en développement aux consommateurs, pourquoi ne communiquez-vous pas autrement ?
    Le risque que vous encourez, si cela vous intéresse réellement, est de ternir l'image d'ISI et de faire fuir de potentiels acheteurs ou "renouveleurs" à cause qu'ils se sentent floué. Surtout maintenant avec des gens en face.
    Mais j'ai bien compris que ce n'était pas un soucis pour vous.

Beaucoup de ligues francophones et italiennes (je ne sais pas comment cela se passe autre part) ne comprennent pas ce système de fonctionnement ou n'étaient pas au courant de l'abandon de la beta.
    Peut-être devriez-vous vous informer vous-même de ce que nous vous disons si vous doutez de notre parole.

Se cacher derrière un "Vous auriez du faire plus attention à l'achat", n'arrange rien du tout. Vous avez votre point de vu de vendeur, mais je vous signale le point de vue de l'acheteur. Un acheteur se sent méprisé par de tels propos.

Je vous dis tout ceci car j'aime vos produits, mais, une fois de plus, j'aurai espéré une communication meilleure de votre part. Les réponses que vous nous donnez m'ont également déçus ainsi que la manière.
    Je pense qu'en ce qui me concerne, j'attendrais une information plus claire sur ce que devient rF2. Cependant, il y a de fortes chances que ça ne soit pas chez vous.
    Mais j'ai bien compris, que ce n'était pas un soucis pour vous de perdre quelques "aficionados".
    Je ne vous cache pas que en comparaison avec d'autres sociétés, vous voyez probablement de qui je parle, vous avez pas mal de boulot à abattre en matière de service client.

Mais pourquoi donc faites-vous des jeux alors ?

14. 88mphTim

I totally understand your position, not saying for you not to feel however you feel, I'm just responding with what Gjon's position has been on it since before the beta was released. I personally don't think we should have ever used the beta label at all and just released saying it's "as is" at all times, then people wouldn't have been drawn into anything when that one word was stopped being used.

I know and the guys know what it is to be done, but as you may or may not understand, it hasn't been possible to do that yet. For example your list if I pick one thing, rain on windshield.

You need the wipers.
    You can't have rain on the windshield without wipers to clean them.
    You can't have rain on the windshield without spray, particle effects.
    You can't do particle effects until you reach a suitable point with the graphics engine.

So just to give you spray on the windshield how we want to do it:
    1. Graphics engine. (see builds 49-current)
    2. Particle effects and spray (see recent three builds).
    3. Windshield fx, wipers.

What I am trying to say is that the guys know these lists of things to be finished, but you cannot ever build a skyscraper without bedrock and foundations. We are getting there, moving down the list of things we HAVE TO do.

15. 88mphTim

It's quite clear if people read the site they purchase from, not other peoples, or information they made up and passed on themselves, yes.

I am not sure what you are asking to be given way? You're asking us to change our policy that we've answered about and talked about for a year? We've established and had everything that is suddenly a surprise public knowledge more than a year. Every time I have seen a thread I have responded, and our site carries the information people purchasing needed to know when they purchased. Again, if people choose not to pay attention, there is nothing we can do about that. Perhaps it is a language issue with our site being English. I don't know.

I do not doubt your word. And I am sure there are people who don't know we abandoned the word beta. What difference does that make? When they come to our site since 1/1/13 and purchase, the ONLY place they can come to do it, it has said 12 months for the standard version. They only needed to open their eyes to see this when purchasing. So perhaps, as I said, it is a problem with it being in English. I would have thought it make sense to perhaps contact ISI and ask, if you are not sure, rather than assume. It seems a lot of people made assumptions.

I have the perspective of a buyer and a seller, as I have been in both places with situations exactly like this. Perhaps I am more careful when spending my money and ask questions where other people do not. I blame myself for buying some games and I blame the publisher if I buy others when they aren't what I expected. But I always throught ISI were careful to say it's not finished, etc. Every time we ever posted anything, I said that over and over and over...

What better communication would you prefer? I can't change the policy. I'm talking to you, letting you communicate in your language. I'm still replying and repeating myself, after already answering the policy question in my first couple of replies. Whatever other communication you expect of me, is not possible for me to do what you are asking. I can't change the policy. It has been this way for a year. Bad communication would be me giving you the first response, then ignoring you. I care enough to respond, and to continue to respond. Because you do not agree with my answer does not mean you have any right to question anything else. :( The answer is nothing to do with how the communication is. I'm here because I do care and am trying to say what the facts are, that the policy cannot and will not change, not to make you angry simpyl because I am bothering to spend my Saturday talking to you rather than playing with my daughter downstrairs. It's that kind of judgement on communication which will stop me replying. You've had the answer that I can give.

16. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I like your answer (clear and interesting and right, give this for other items you work), I think now the player of rf2 need to know on what feature you work and the status of them and your priority, because each build you release it's not clear on what you work. Please communicate in term of feature now, not only in bug fixing. Show clearly your working plan and every body will be quiet and patient, today we are in blackout and worried on the date to be able to race with rF2 seriously.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  17. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Bonjour Mad King

Ouvrez un autre post dans le "rFactor 2 General Discussion" car celui-ci n'a rien à voir avec la question principale et le support, ainsi d'autres au moins pourront la lire.

Merci

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  18. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Je n'ouvre rien du tout ;), la discussion HS est finie de mon coté ;)
    Si Tim veut le regrouper quelque part, libre à lui ;)

19. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Je dis cela pour que les autres membres est plus facilement la même réponse que vous, si Tim vous réponds ici.
    Là ils ne la trouveront pas alors que la réponse pour vous est importante peut être que pour les autres aussi.
    Et cette demande étant hors sujet...

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Je l'apprends aussi. Je croyais que c'était 18 mois à partir de juin 2013. C'est du délireuh, comme disent les Frônçais.