Excessive Bloom at night with DX11 content

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mister Bronze, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Hi. I know DX11 is Beta but I swear bloom at night on exterior opponents and interior of my car became worse a few days ago and I don't know if I did anything. From what I can see there were no DX11 updates. I have since uninstalled and re-installed and cleared Cbash and shaders. But no change.

This is primarily seen on a starting grid at night eg Silverstone with new McLaren GT car. Obviously due to all the headlights shining as well as any lights from the stands. It also makes the cars look pretty bad exterior wise. Just to note I am seeing this with DX11 updated content (tracks and cars).

Daytime is ok on DX11 content and on non DX11 tracks is bloomy as expected.

This may be normal for night time but I was sure it seemed different to a few days ago. So here I am looking for a sanity check. Is this normal for everybody else?

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hmm I took a look at mine to see if I notice it as well .. Macca 1.jpg
    It looks like there might be some extra bloom from the track lights on the cars under them vrs the cars in back out of the light ..

Macca2.jpg
    I don't see it here ..

Macca3.jpg
    This seems ok ..

I Do see it more on the orange cars ..
    Macca4.jpg
    To me it does not seem excessive but I do see some bloom under the lights ..

3. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Thanks Kro. I think your last pic highlights it the best and because I can't help but select any setting other than ultra it may be a bit more noticeable. Certainly as you go around the track and the cars spread out and when viewing from certain angles it is less obvious.
    I don't think I can do anything about it so hopefully once DX11 is out of beta this sort of stuff will settle down.