Example plugin (telemetry) !HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by formula1996, Sep 22, 2013.

1. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

I would like to ask for a little help. I have the exapmle plugin that write the speed, gear, and RPM data into a .txt file. I've created a c# program that read data from the .txt and show the live data as a telemetry program. But how can i do, to the plugin send the data directly to my c# program without write and read .txt file.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You could get your c# program opening a port and listening for a connection from the plugin, in order to talk directly. The c++ code required for that in the plugin is quite straightforward (google is your friend), I've never used c# but I'm guessing it'll be a little easier than c++ for server-side socket connections.

3. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

Thank you :) I am not good at programming so which one should i use TCP or UDP socket?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

TCP.

5. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

I have done the c# listener but i don't know how to do the c++ (plugin) side to send the dll data. I haven't find anything about this on google. Do you know any tutorial for this or any example/source code?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you google "C++ socket programming" for example, you'll find some code samples. Obviously you only need worry about the client side.

7. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

I find some help. But i just can send char variable. How can i convert float and others to const char*? Or what should i do?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013