Everything activated but no cars or tracks

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by F2kSel, Jan 10, 2012.

1. DougBaker

DougBaker Registered

I saw this issue but was able to work around it, Windows Vista 32bit

I installed while logged in as user doug and was able to launch the game purchase and activate my account. But there was no C:/Users/doug/Documents/rFactor2 created

I created it and put the rfmod files in place and all appeared to unpack ( as user doug ) ok with the mod tool reporting them as installed. But when trying to start I saw the errors as described earlier.

After a bit of head scratching I noticed that C:/Users/admin/Documents/rFactor2 was populated with much more stuff. I activated my account running as admin and was able to install the rfmods and all worked as expected :)

So it looks like I missed something in the install or the installer does not cope with multiple accounts on all the possible OSes you have to support.

Thanks, and keep up the great work. Tomorrow I hope to actually try the game this evening my kids would not let me close to the wheel :)

2. tyspap

tyspap Registered

And where did you find them?

3. tyspap

tyspap Registered

I downloaded through utorrent. I cant get past this point. Not sure what to do. Please be detailed as possible as I am not pc savy.
    Thanks

4. Carlos Silva

Carlos Silva Registered

After the files are downloaded. Rfmod, puts them in the packages folder inside the directory of rFactor2: C :/.../rFactor 2/Packages .
    Then enter the folder Core (C :/.../rFactor 2/Core) and runs the ModMgr.
    ModMgr click open the file / Mods Patch Set ... A window will open there you indicates the Packages folder where you placed the files .rfmod and click ok.
    If not list the files in ModMgr just click the refresh above (yellow arrows) Note: The update is not listed, only three of the mod files.
    The mods listed, click the right mouse button on top of the Mod and install, wait for the end of the installation to be able to go to the next one at a time not to give error.
    Installed Mods click on top of the Formula Renault 3.5 (right mouse button) again and install update, will be installed the update file downloaded previously but this is not listed in ModMgr.
    His mods in ModMgr tab should be Installed: yes
    Formula Renault 3.5 tab version: 1.1
    World Class Racing 1960s: 1.0
    Renault Megane Trophy: 1.0
    Then just for rFactor 2 and have fun.

Remember that you must have the four files:
    ISI1032-v10-RenaultMeganeTrophy
    ISI1044-v10-FormulaRenault35s
    ISI1044-v10-v11-FormulaRenault35s
    ISI1045-v10-1960sWorldClassRacing

5. tyspap

tyspap Registered

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the four files. There is nothing in the packages folder (at least the one im checking) I try to drag them in but still nothing. If you could list the exact files locations maybe that would help. Just to be clear, I downloaded a program called utorrent. When I download the files it opens utorrent and starts the download. The files seem to download but say seeding under the status tab.

6. tyspap

tyspap Registered

Nevermind. For some reason I got it to work! Not sure how lol but it works.

7. Carlos Silva

Carlos Silva Registered

View attachment 541

8. tyspap

tyspap Registered

I think that was the problem I was having. The file size and icon changed, and thats when it worked. Thanks for your help. Great game so far!;)

9. Del-Dredd

Del-Dredd Registered

My Packages folder is in the main rFactor2 install directory, nothing was created in My Documents not even a rFactor2 folder.

Maybe because i did not install RF2 to default system drive location but to my data drive with the rest of my games.

Still worked fine when i copied the downloaded rfmod files to the Packages folder with the game folder though.

Using Win 7 64bit.

10. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I ran a few uneventful laps at Belgium just prior to calling it a night.
    I got up this morning, booted up and immediately decided to run a few more laps.
    No other task were performed prior to launching RF2.
    I immediately got a message that no cars or tracks were installed.
    I went into the packages folder and the four files were still there...2.29GB. On starting the mod manager, it showed nothing. No files. I first tried deleting the files in the packages folder and reinstalling to no avail. It just would not pick them up.
    I uninstalled, then re-installed and again recopied the mod files....same thing. They did not show up in the mod manager to allow install.
    I had to uninstall a second time, then remove the player, location, sound and vehicle files. I then reinstalled the core files (i.e the rfactor.exe) and the info to the packeges folder before anything showed up. Everything is now back to normal. Strange.....

11. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Make certain the files are inside the packages folder...where ever that is located. In addition, make sure the files are not wrapped in a zip format, but are actually .rfmod files before you start the mod installer.