Everything activated but no cars or tracks

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by F2kSel, Jan 10, 2012.

1. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I have everything activated and can get into the game SP and MP but there are no cars or tracks.

Any Ideas?

2. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

i believe you need to download the other files such as renault 3.5, renault megane, or 1960s mods.

3. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I have all the files unless there is an addition to those that have been out for a week. I tried update and it says it's uptdated.

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Did you install the .rfmod files, or did you simply drop them in the Packages folder? I know ... just making sure :p ...

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You need to install them, not just drop them into the folder. They're packages, which need to be unpacked.

6. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

My fault I'd copied the short cuts to packages folder.

Cheers, Trying again now.

7. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

What does that mean? NM - you have to right click and select install from the mod manager window:

Right click no and select YES.

8. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Can you point to these? It shows "all cars and mods" as installed but I can't race, etc.

Alan

9. Luc Van Camp

10. Baz

Baz Registered

I am in the same boat but haven't the links to the non torrent files. Is it possible for someone to post links here?

11. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

I have the packages downloaded and realize they need to be extracted/installed into the ...\rFactor2\Packages folder. However, when I right click on the individual packages and "Open with..." "rFactor2 Mod Manager", the mod manager opens up its spreadsheet-looking interface, but it's empty. There are no obvious options available to extract/install.

Please advise...

Thanks!

12. Luc Van Camp

.rfmod files are archives that can be read and unpacked by the Mod Manager. You do not need to unpack these yourself. Let the software do all the work :) .

13. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

Thanks for the reply... so does that mean that you just copy or move the files from the folder uTorrent placed them into to the rFactor2\Packages folder and that's it?

I've done that and the Mod Manager only "sees" "All Tracks & Cars" version 1.0. All options for this line are grayed out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  14. Luc Van Camp

The rfmod files need to be placed in the Packages folder, yes. If the Mod Manager was already running, you can refresh the list.

All Cars and Tracks has no options. It's a vital component (or mod :) ?) and cannot be removed.

15. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Registered

I need help with this too, :eek: I downloaded all four .rfmod files, and put them in C:\Users\Swifty\Documents\rFactor2\Packages, and when I started up rF2 and clicked Single Player, rF2 would not open :confused: I removed all the .rfmod files, but now rf2 is broken and don't open at all....Please help, with maybe a step by step, new to rf and a PC n00b too :eek:

Downloaded .rfmod files here: http://www.online-motorsport.com/download.php?list.138

PS: Put the .rfmod files back into "Packages" restarted rf2 and clicked on "Manage Mods" and now get a box saying: rf2 has stoped working it's broken :( how to put it right please. Thank you for your help :)

16. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

Okay, all three Renault mod files and the 1960s World Class Racing mod files are in the ...rFactor2\Packages folder and the Mod Manager still doesn't see them. I've rebooted just to make sure something wasn't being seen due to that. I've also deleted and recopied the files in the above folder and still no joy.

On speculation, I was able to enter the Dev mode and can make laps in the rTrainer around the oval, so the rFactor "engine" seems to be working.

Any other suggestions??

Thank you for your help so far.

17. Carlos Silva

Carlos Silva Registered

place the files .rfmod packages folder then Execultar ModManager the file and enter the folder path packages.depois just click with the mouse on its right to install a mod.

18. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

Here are some snaps...

rFactor2 Packages Folder.jpg Mod Manager Path.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

19. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Registered

Hi noClue,

You first snap should not be under C:\rfactor2 but put into C:\Users\Swifty\Documents\rFactor2....You have to look for rfactor2 in your "My Documents" folder.
    Unless it's ME doing it wrong?

20. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

I moved them to a folder such as you suggested (c:\Documents and Settings\myname\My Documents\rFactor2) and the Mod Manager still sees nothing in the folder.

It seems to me it shouldn't matter where one puts the files so long as one remembers where and points the Mod Manager there.

It's got me totally baffled...:confused: