Eternity to get online races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcelo Ferrari, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Marcelo Ferrari

Marcelo Ferrari Registered

Is there anything i can do to get online faster? i mean i got 50mb optic fiber internet ping 3, ssd + hi end computer, and it takes a whole day to get a multiplayer race. Any tips? Thanks a lot

2. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

As in your looking for a server with people to race with ?
    I would suggest signing up with a leugue and joining them on their racing night... there isnt much activity for random click and join racing in RF2 currently.. New UI may improve the situation

Online racing events listed here (leugues setting up events)
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/online-racing-discussion.129/

Marcelo Ferrari likes this.
  3. Marcelo Ferrari

Thanks man...sure im lookin for a server with ppl...i could even play 1 race online, but it took a life. Ill check for the racing events, tnx again

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Get all the content ahead of time by scouring the Workshop and the Third Party section here in the forum. Sometimes you just have to join servers & wait for the download to collect all the content. Poorly configured servers will make you download more than one or two tracks. Sometimes, such as with a GT3 or touring car collection, multiple cars car downloads are inevitable if you don't already have the collection.

One other tip: faster downloads happen if you use the Steam client for browsing games rather than the rF2 launcher. Click on View, Servers.
    upload_2017-8-10_9-28-59.png

Then change filters to rFactor 2 (lower left corner) and sort by number of players (upper right):
    upload_2017-8-10_9-33-9.png

5. Marcelo Ferrari

Thanks for your time man, thats great info. So if i have downloaded that specific content for that track/cars once, second time i get to the same lobby, the loading time will be much quicker? That's what i thought, i think u got my answer! Tnx again

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Use multiplayer lobby, bookmark servers which has good ping, are using GetMod and have a descent amount of content to download. ;)

bwana and Marcelo Ferrari like this.
  7. Emery

Emery Registered

> bookmark servers which has good ping

LOL, forgot I took that snapshot from my satellite connection which is why the ping times (latency) are outrageous. Satellite connection is okay for downloading mods, but you sure don't want to actually compete on the server if your ping looks like that!

Marcelo Ferrari likes this.
  8. Marcelo Ferrari

Thats it! The physics are great but its kinda of a game in development..i understand

9. Marcelo Ferrari

Thanks again, problem solved, now i find races at any time if i browse servers on steam! Perfect!

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I've just started going into online races but have been constantly frustrated by going to particular servers with say 8/24 or 15/46 only to find only Ai drivers ?? WTF ? Maybe just a little "Ai" next to the player count to save fricken around with online Ai races "insert angry face here" Maybe there is a way to know that it is only Ai race and not human .
    I can just fire up the single player game if i wanted to race AI !

11. jim jonez

jim jonez Registered

Feel the same pains too.....had RF2 for about 5yrs but almost impossible to give it anytime , forced myself so many times to play it...but with other options i switch it off in frustration..I just want to race online...no i do not want to join a league, or wait 45mins to download mods to join a race, get package unavailable or join a race to find its only AI.

Studio 397 is doing a great job and RF2 was ahead in the game but have been passed and need to catch up. VR brought back life to the game, and was hoping the New UI and rating system would be running before WFG competition and bring life and new users to RF2 online racing
    Is there any info when the new UI will be out?

I'll be unpopular for saying but mods have taking control of the game not the devs and would like to see it taken back . Love racing ,sim racing and not the richest but i pay for content...

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Emery , I was totally unaware of the steam server list

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You can also look driver names which indicates if AI`s are present or not if you are using Steam. ;)

Marcelo Ferrari and bwana like this.
  14. bwana

bwana Registered

Great for finding mates , cheers Ari

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

How can i find this driver names part ? and how can that help me if some names are like real people anyway ?

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Right click, view server info. Right side you have time where you can see how long time players have been connected which gives you the clue if they are AI`s or real people in case you are not familiar with the mod and don`t know which are AI names :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Marcelo Ferrari and bwana like this.