"Error" when loading DevMode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by blakboks, Jan 14, 2012.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

When I load up DevMode, it hangs up on the title screen. When I alt-tab out of it, I see the following error (seems to think it's getting a normal map?):
    [​IMG]
    If I hit 'Ok', it seems to work just fine. It would just be nice to not have that error floating about, holding things up.

Here are my export settings for the DDS. As you can see, it does not reference a normal map at all.
    [​IMG]

View attachment 590 View attachment 591

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

rf2 uses s lot of different kinds of dds, the track icon you want to be XRGB X.8.8.8, you will also find certain things like bump maps etc using different forms, it would also be a good idea to unpack joesville mas and have a look at the images. These are all uncompressed dds' so basically they come out as clean as bmp's and tga's.

Google wtv, its a dds viewer, you can double click on dds files and when it opens them it will show you the dds format bottom left corner.

Attached Files:

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Awesome, thanks, mianiak. A viewer like that will definitely come in handy!

4. Mertcan Solak

Mertcan Solak Registered

you will save dxt5 ;)

5. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

In this case you'll want to use 8.8.8.8, yes. DXT5 would be just another DXTn (with n being a number) and it would result in the same error :) .