SOLVED error message "Mod already installed" while online joining

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Frank Murphy, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

I've added some official Steam content (Dubai International Racetrack & BMW E90 WTCC) for an online community race event. All Mods were installed successfully and I had some (offline) training sessions. Yesterday I tried to join to the server for the race but it it was unable to join and I've got an error message "Mod already installed". What happend?
    I've tried to deinstall and reinstall the mods - same message!
    I've checked my rF2 files via steam content check - nothing!
    I've reinstalled the game - no solution...

Is anybody out there who knows this problem (and a fix)?

2. muz_j

muz_j Registered

I have a gut feeling (but I could be wrong) that this sort of error occurs when you have a version mis-match between the installed content on your game, versus the version of the same content on the server.

Have a look into it and see if you can confirm the exact mod versions on the server you're connecting to.
    The fact that you've tested the content offline suggests the issue isn't the content itself and the error alludes to a conflict...

I can't recall exactly how to check the content version, but think you might be able to view it in the server list within the game. I'll have a look at it in 8 hours or so when I get home.

Have you tried uninstalling the content and connecting to the server to see if the content will be automatically installed if it is missing ?

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I had this error message many times and it usually occurs when there is something wrong with vmod or if you have vmod with the same name already installed.
    Go to rFactor 2 root Bin32 folder and open ModMgr and uninstall and delete vmod Dubai International Racetrack & BMW E90 WTCC.

muz_j likes this.
  4. freshfish

freshfish Registered

good post.I have get so many times in error message .I am already installed the Mod.buy again the same problem occured in my system .can give the solution for this.

5. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

problem solved.
    There was an event content with the same name like the new event. After deleting the old event the new could be loaded and everything was fine. For the future I will delete old and non used content to prevent this problem...

ADSTA and Lazza like this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Frank Murphy you deserve many 'like's for returning to mark the thread solved nearly a year after posting it :)

Frank Murphy and ADSTA like this.
  7. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Sorry bro, I'm watching the forum weekly, but I did'nt watch my own post. So I thought at least let the guys know that the problem is solved. THX for the like ;)

8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

You can use the "Watch thread" link in the top of the post to receive notifications.

Frank Murphy likes this.
  9. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

THX. I will do this for the next posts...