Error importing flag from portugal

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by qusimano, Mar 28, 2018.

1. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Another day, another problem :rolleyes:
    This time i tried to import flag poles and flag from portugal to my track
    I get an error that refer to materialof the flag, i have imported animation, textures and gmt to my project, added the lines in .scn, but when i load the track i get error loading material for flag.
    It refer to a png file named flag_norm.png, (channel 2, Bump map) but i cant find this textures in portugal folder, tried to assign the first file of the animation(FLAG_NORM00), i have extracted all the mas( GMT, Maps, Anims) the flag work well in 3d simed, in portugal and in my track, but when i load my track it crash :(

this is the line in scn, i tried to remove the visgroup and shadowgroup with no success
    Instance=Flagpoles_01
    {
    VisGroups=(32) ReflectPlane=(-0.013, 1.000, 0.001, 5.703)
    MeshFile=Flagpoles_01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid) ShadowGroups=(8)
    }
    Instance=FlagA_06
    {
    VisGroups=(38) ReflectPlane=(-0.013, 1.000, 0.001, 5.703)
    MeshFile=FlagA_06.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid) ShadowGroups=(8)
    AnimFile=FLAG_MILDBREEZE.ANM AutoStart=(90) PlaybackRate=(0.9000)

(i imported also FLAG_MILDBREEZE.ANM in the ANIMs folder)
    Thx in advance!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The Flag_Normxx.png files are in Portugal_MAPs.mas.

3. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Yes Lazza, this is what i was tought, in fact my first attempt was to use the first of that 60 files named FLAG_NORM, (FLAG_NORM00) but with this i get the error.
    When you check the flag with material editor in 3d sim ed, you can assign the texture to the channels right? the other channel works, the right texture it's already selected, but when you open channel 2 to check what file i need to copy, even 3d sim ed cant find the texture!

4. qusimano

qusimano Registered

5. qusimano

qusimano Registered

i reassigned the material without touch anything and now it dont crash:rolleyes:flag its working in the viewer:rolleyes:
    channel 2 png continue to be non existent, i ask myself if this will continue to work after the track will be packaged.. i have bad feelings but for now i consider it resolved:rolleyes: