[REL] Epol Ostra EPC Cup 2013

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by k3nny, Jan 12, 2014.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Some observations I've made with the new version:

• Shading looks better now, anyhow the depth is missing a bit (compared to Civic for instance)...but I guess you didn't change the shadowmap but the material setup?
    • Driver still looks strange (helmet especially), the position of the driver should be moved down a bit...would look a bit more sporty :D
    • The exterior mirror texture is a lovely idea, but "I'm hunted by a Audi(?) driving reverse" :D Just a suggestion: Take a screenshot from the cockpit view, with the camera moved to one mirror. Take this as a texture (ideally there should be no car shown in the mirror).
    • Front window texture seems black while the side windows are grey. This way the front window looks more transparent than the others do. In general the window textures should be much more black - at least in my opinion :)
    • Headlights do look a bit too dark. They may receive a shadow from the glass!?
    • Static subshadow is missing in the spinner, as well as the reflection (this isn't really a bug or something really needed though)
    • The headlights do stick out of the car's shape. We've already talked about this; guess you haven't reworked them?

2. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Hey guys

Thnaks for your hints.

A new version is ready to download.

changlog:
    - fix steering wheel range and animation
    - rework headlights
    - first try to correct the shadowmap
    - correct sidewindow texture to front window value
    - correct texture of the outer mirrors
    - change folder of the driver texture and adjust the brightness

cheers k3nny

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
  3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Think link is wrong an goes to old template instead of the mod itself?

Fixed: Thanks for update

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  4. k3nny

k3nny Registered

fixed, copy paste fault

5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Just had a quick look on the template: At least in my opinion now the shadowmap is a bit overdone now :( the car looks way too dark and there are shadowed areas where no shadow is ;) The default skin looks OK though :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here again using my mapping test map as texture for the skin:
    [​IMG]

6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

...and again as reference I took some screens from the Civic
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

sry for DP but hat to because of the image limit ;)

7. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Yes I forgot to change the shadow map apacity to 41% and surface 75%, fixed it new version up. You must only edit this and then you have the settings of the Civic.
    The shadows are produced by 3ds and I only rework it that it look more smooth.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

OK ;)
    Anyhow I tried again to make a shadowmap for you and found a mapping error: one small part on the front left front-bumper is mapped on the right side ;)
    [​IMG]

PS: Bitte denke nicht, ich will dir ins Werk pfuschen ;) Wenn Du möchtest, dass ich es bei konstruktiven Kommentaren allein belasse, sag einfach Bescheid!

9. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Mapping error found and fix, coming in the next update. When you want to help me, I have nothing against it.

10. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

OK :D nice to hear that!
    So it would be OK for you if I point out some other mapping problems?

11. k3nny

k3nny Registered

When it look better after that, sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Just came by to say this mod is excellent :)

thanks for the new version too.

Atm I think this might be even better mod than ISI Civic, well, both cars are great but this doesn't tip over :D

13. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Of course it will :D
    Some observations:

• You gave the body mesh and wing/parts additional depth by extrude the outer edges inwards. This way the mesh becomes even more three-dimensional but this is not needed in the game (at least you won't see this...that's why most of the cars just have a simple underbody mesh). So I would suggest to remove these extra-parts from the mesh. This will result in removed overlapping mappings (no artefacts or "mis-skinned" cars). Above this the reduced polycount will improve the performance too!
    • Here is one example:
      [​IMG]
    • The "ostra_kuehler.gmt" mesh is clipping throught the lower front grill (sides). Above this the blue stripe on the texture can be seen through the upper grill, which looks strange somehow. My suggestion would be to remove this blue stripe or make the texture more darker or change the materialsettings if possible.
    • The air-inlet on the driver side doesn't fit into the hole in the mesh so the inside can be seen through the edges. Additionally the texture is very low-res and maybe the gained vertices, won due to removing of the above mentioned, could be used to model this part 3D ;)
    • The separated meshes of the body aren't aligned, this way there are some errors in calculation of the specularmap (best seen on the rear).
    • Change the material names, so we can skin the windows etc. :) It's like with other gmotor based games, you just need to set the material name with the WC prefix (for wildcard).

Please find a reworked template here. Just have a look at this and let me know what you're thinking ;)

PS: To render the shadowmap without overlapping uv-mappings etc. I have removed all those parts I mentioned above and overpainted the remaining. With this there is a clean shadowmap but on some parts there may remain some mismappings ;)

14. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Thanks! i really like this car.

Can i sugest an AO map? both in livey and specular map.

15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Great template FuNK!. Thank you very much. :D

16. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I already did add an AO layer to my edited template ;)

@Tosch: thank you ;)

@all: Kenny has troubles with his ISP.. so he just can't come here an post news etc.

17. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Hi all

Like Funk! already wrote I have some issues with my ISP. I´m only online via smartphone or at work. I hope that I´m back online soon.

Some words to the progress of the template. I have pick up some advises and I´m atm rework the template with better mapping, hope so, but at some points it´s hard to realize. But I hope that it look better and easier to handle with.

cheers k3nny

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

19. pas74

pas74 Registered

skin skin skin......:D

20. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Hi my friends

After over a month of being offline, the big ISP from england has bring me back online :rolleyes:.

But at least i´m proudly present the new version 0.3 of the car. The main changes are the new template.

change log:
    - complete rework template

Download links:
    OSTRA_CUP_2013_V0.3
    OSTRA_Template_V03

Hope you enjoy!
    cheers k3nny