[REL] Epol Ostra EPC Cup 2013

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by k3nny, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Well done ! A mod with big potencial !
    Ask Opel for permission to use original names and logo's

2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

interesting. fun mod. why ffb so different from civic?

3. ~IsR~Michl1972

~IsR~Michl1972 Registered

the mod is ok but i think a little problem with the clutch ;) I think that slips a little ;)

4. elbo

elbo Registered

The shadow layer in the template has a funky 'whitish hue' to it that throws off the colors. Does anybody know how to get rid of the whitish hue but keep the shadows?

5. pas74

pas74 Registered

I made some aggressive laps at portugal it's very funny to control ...it's really a god car!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 utilizzando Tapatalk

6. pas74

pas74 Registered

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 utilizzando Tapatalk

7. k3nny

k3nny Registered

I´m happy that you had fun with the car.

In focus of your question, no it´s not planed to release other car´s, because this brand is an cup- car class that started last year in his first year with it´s own class ranking. The series is multiclass with sub car classes like the clio cup, alternativ fuel , engine, gt3 etc..

No the engine is not the 1.6 L Turbo, it is a 2.0 L Turbo. This car is not for any series like BTCC or similar. It´s build by an third party engine company cooperated with the manufacture.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  8. brot

brot Registered

What a blast to drive, and sound-wise this is immersive. But could you PLEASE make a center bonnet view instead of the passenger driver view. That would move this mod to my top 3 cars of all times in RF2. Just a humble request.

I feel this car much more than others, and it seems to be "de-iced" handling wise.

Thanks a lot

9. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I meant modeled the chassis, and body from a Vauxhall and Opel.

The Chevy Cobalt has a 2.0L turbo, 2.2L, and 2.4L. It has teh same engine sound as the 2.0L turbo from the Cobalt SS/TC. :D

10. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Ok I think you mean the FIA unitary engine. :rolleyes:

A quick update for the progress, I hope I can finish at the weekend some graphic things and release the second better looking version.
    cheers

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Did a few laps test in Blackwood: pretty easy to handle, no fear of a spin at any point... is throttle input accurate at this point? I mean there is no need to play with throttle when accelerating. If it's how it should be then ok.

Thanks for the car :)

12. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Thanks alot for your work, looks promising, I'll check it out later

Thats not correct, the real life VLN Series Cup Car is a regular 6-speed manual with clutch. No Semi Auto / Sequential Gearbox.

http://www.opel-motorsport.com/rundstrecke/opel-astra-opc-cup/fahrzeug-technik/

Edit: Now that i have driven the car, wow! Excellent work, really like it. The car is a bit slower compared to the Civic, but i think that is how it should be, since the Civic is a purpose built NGTC Spec Race car, the Ostra is basically a road car underneath. I was about 2-3 seconds short of the Civic's Laptime on a medium length circuit, which i think sounds about right. Only tested on one track yet though, i will further investigate as the Car has been quicker then the Civic as mentioned above.

Sounds are good, graphics are pretty good already ( maybe adjust the shaders a bit? I have no idea how or what exactly to change but it looks a bit off ). Cockpit is decent ( Dash works and has all necessary options, carbon texture good use a touch up ).

Other than that, the car has very believable handling for this type of car. The default setup is on the safe side, if you decrease rear toe in ( or use neutral toe ) is has much less understeer.

Really good job! If you need further help with testing or developing, let me know, i'm a huge Opel supporter and have a special love for fwd cars. Also i'm very good in vehicle dynamics and setting up cars.

Edit 2:
    ------

Now that i have driven the car on another two circuits and comparing it to the civic, it seems too quick. I was easily able to beat the Civic first lap out by 0.5 Seconds. Comparing the Cornering speeds reveals that the Ostra is able to corner 10-15 kph quicker than the civic.

Car is still good fun to drive, don't get me wrong. If you aim for a bit more realisim i would opt for slowing down the Ostra a bit in the corners, preferably on the tires. A NGTC Car should be able to corner quicker than this car

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
  13. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Thanks for your reply.
    1. Yes the original one has a normal 6 speed gearbox with clutch, but I have gone the easy way to semi sequential. I will check the opportunity to switch. I only wanted to answer the question about my car not the orignal. Sorry for the confussion.
    2. Yes the car is in corners a little bit to fast, but I have the view point on the Nordschleife + "Kurzanbindung" and the timed lap is near the original, that was my intention, not the comparing to other cars. But I have decrease the tire grip in the next version.

cheers

14. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Ah ok sorry about the gearbox thing, that was a misunderstanding then :)

About laptimes, it is always difficult to compare this to real life. Especially if you don't have a 100% accurate Track and Nordschleife being long and difficult, it will be tough to grade a car / driver combo. Thanks for your work again, looking forward to future versions, it already is a really good mod!

15. k3nny

k3nny Registered

Don´t worry, is all good, the point´s can all figure out.
    About the lap time I have drive so many laps with this car on the Nordschleife, around 4-5k km and the expierience with this NS version is more than 50-60k km(rf1, 24h endurance races). And the car are slower as in reallife, round about 10-20 sec. (9:40 - 9:55 against 9:30 - 9:45 in real). Yes you can´t compare it 100% but where can I find else a measer point.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
  16. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

This Mod is GREAT - thx ! :)

17. k3nny

k3nny Registered

The first update is out.

- correct some graphical issues
    - decrease tire grip
    - correct gearbox type

first post updated!
    have fun

cheers k3nny

18. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thx!
    Gone a try it tomorrow.

19. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you very much! Really waited for this Ostra xD (to be honest I started modelling one by myself but wasn't able to get something presentable :D)

Just some notes: I tried to do a real shadowmap for you, but found some issues with the mapping. Before I put in any more effort I have two questions: Do you want me to do the shadowmaps for you? Do you want to refine the mapping (I would provide the information about the issues I found ;))?

EDIT: would it be possible to edit the headlights a bit so they don't stick out of the shape so much? (just like its with the original)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  20. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

@k3nny great mod this was made for Nords .
    Thank you .