Engine overheating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabi Almeida, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

I play only offline and ISI mods.

My engine almost always overheats and see smoke in mirror, When in camaro i rarely go into red lights and when braking and reducing gears, i never chenge them quickly that when reducing gears never see (even) green lights on dashboard.

I see videos on guys reducing gears almost as if they were driving F1 car, i don´t that as i´m slow that i can´t drive openwheeler car properly.

After 2/3 laps behind AI cars engine start to overheat, when i´m in first it always go there when in 5th gear in long straits and i can see smoke in mirros, am i doing something wrong or engine is not behaving correct?

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Try increasing your radiator size.

3. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

Thanks i´ll give it a try.

4. TJones

TJones Registered

Also check your air temperature in race settings screen, it definitely effects engine temp now!

5. Maug

Maug Registered

You say after 2 or 3 laps behind the AI. Your problem might be that you're staying in the slipstream of your opponents for too long. When you're drafting it reduces the air resistance for the following car which makes it easier to go faster but at the same time your engine isn't cooling down properly and thus overheats if you keep on drafting for too long. I could be wrong but that's something to consider.

6. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I'm curious as to how this turns out for Gabi, if indeed it was the radiator being the issue, along with staying behind other cars which absolutely will cause the engine to heat up. This is the case in reality, so it should also be the case in-game. Your comment, TJ, made me curious of another matter, and instead of making a new thread I'll just hijack this one temporarily.

Since the ambient air temperature is affecting engine heating, I wonder if the air temp also affects track surface temps? That is, if I drive a track with a preset rubber line at 84 F in full sun, and then drove the same track with the same rubber preset at 70 F in cloudy conditions, would the surface grip be higher? As it does in reality? To put it another way, does a cooler ambient temperature make the track have more grip than a higher temperature, or is this something that has yet to be implemented in-game?

7. TJones

TJones Registered

Well, someone in the "unstable build" forum section said that inluence of air to engine temperatures are new in build493. I dont know if this was the case in build382 already, but now you have to take care about this temperature setting.

At the moment air and tracksurface temps are always the same, would be nice if sunshine and tarmac color effect surface temps like in reality.