[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

There are not so many modders left in rFactor 2. @Postipate, @ECAR_Tracks etc has also been asking new shaders. This is very bad making lot of extra work and harm to modding community. Lets just hope that this is going to be solved ASP.

ECAR_Tracks and Guimengo like this.
  2. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

Depco, EGT is a finished and released product that's waiting for a DX11 update. The PX package was over-sold, is incomplete and been on hold for a year. They're two completely different things. Only connection is both are waiting for stable DX11.

In February they explained the problems surrounding PX and their mistake in packaging it the way they did and not as single cars. Their openness and candour was appreciated. They promised better communication in future.

I registered on their website forum - but they don't update (still has place-holder text). No social media update since May. 5 months with no news. The only place I can find any info is here - but URD haven't posted on this thread for months. Instead I read members' posts speculating what happening.

So it turns out DX11 is still the hold up - but that info is on the EGT thread - there's nothing on this PX thread they created. I'm not unsympathetic but trawling the S397 forum seems a very round-a-bout way of getting info.

Guimengo likes this.
  3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I bought like many of you URD prototypes now for a very long time.

URD's "arguments" regarding this delay are not fully receivable.

I do not really care about dx11. But concerning all the rest, it is absolutely unnatural for me to wait so long. It's not at all professional.

Now that it says, the big twenty cars of ISI / S397 is enough for me, so there is no death of man ... just the lack of seriousness of a small company.

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

URD I DID NOT FULFILL WHAT I PROMISED, BUT IF I COLLECT ITS MONEY

5. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Completly unfathomable why not do a DX11 update on May 2017, and then do an update on February 2018 with new rain functionality and body shaders for crashes after S397 new build release.

And nowadays DX9 mods go on URD's shop without news about a development roadmap.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

As much as the situation is not the ideal you guys are not really helping. The only thing you do is killing motivations lol

7. yippssy

yippssy Registered

I think that my light comments kill motivations of a 19.2€ content (PX+EGT+JT5) could be demagogy.

Going on with demagogy I will say that Enduracers killed URD's customers motivation when they updated 3.2GB of free cars to DX11 in 3 weeks.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    sg333 and juanchioooo like this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

for me the question is that if you cheat me, only once will. what is urd is foreign shame

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Unlike others I have patience, URD have released some amazing Mods with additional Free content of theirs over the years. The initial sum of money for the mods I paid for is very little compared to other DLCs of arguably higher or similar quality, it's their choice to do what they want and I support them fully.

It's a shame others get so upset, I can see why to a certain degree but I don't share their sentiment at all.

Lu ManiaK, Travis, Bjørn and 3 others like this.
  10. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thank you, MarcG. My sentiments exactly. Rock on, URD, to your own rhythm. Love your craftsmenship!

11. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Yea I also have patience, but that's no patience matter...

Why mods are on shop and nobody knows anything about its release??

Do URD said "a month after S397's beta process ends, mods will be released" or similar?

Maybe in Poland amateurs work better than profesionals?? is that common in Poland?? almost not in Spain.

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I do not say that they work fast, or that they work slowly , .......... They said one vehicle per month in the px1 mod, but they did not comply with the agreement..........but if they charged your money .........They did not end well

urd:mad:

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Remember a few things. URD does do paidware work for other companies. For example I'm pretty sure they did the McLaren 650S GT3 for AC, and it's been pretty much proven that it is the same model that is in rF2. I'm sure they also had a hand in the other of the GT3 cars that was recently released in the GT3 pack. That isn't confirmed, but my own speculation.

With that said, with the flack that URD has been getting on here, as Will said, why should they work on any additional rF2 stuff? I'm, like everyone else, is a little disappointed. I am looking forward to a Toyota LMP, the 2016 Audi LMP, along with the other content they have announced. But they have mentioned what needs to happen before they release any additional content and updates. I just recent got a new graphics card and have been driving around with a few games recently. After seeing what PCARS2 and AC offers with graphics and ECU updates (dash displays, hybrid physics, adjustable driver aids, etc), rF2 does have a little bit of catch up to do. I'm confident S397 will get there, but why waste time now and have to redo everything again. Especially when their rain and graphics update coming at the end of the year/beginning of next year.

I for sure have gotten my moneys worth with the mods they have released so far. Attacking them, isn't going to make any content release any faster. If you want content, instead of attacking a person or mod team, why don't you start creating your own content and see how hard and time consuming it really is.

pkelly, Emery, DaVeX and 3 others like this.
  14. Travis

Travis Registered

There is also a silent majority like myself who own URD mods for rF2 (and a variety of sims) and who wait for rF2 to be out of its DX11 beta phase as they understand this needs to occur for URD to complete the mods.

It would be a real shame to drive URD from making mods for rF2 with a negative community attitude.

DaveS78, rubennaatje, pkelly and 7 others like this.
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If you are deceived, would you be happy? ... Would you have a positive attitude? ...
    thanks for your understanding :oops::oops::oops::cool::cool::cool:

16. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I can see where you would feel deceived. The initial announcement of one car a month. But they have been up front on the instable releases of the rF2 platform. Weather it be the ISI releaseing the HDR update all the way to now with DX11 and the rain update. More would be coming down the line as they turn on more pieces of the Yebis2 graphics engine. http://www.bsimracing.com/silicon-studio-proud-to-power-rfactor-2-with-yebis/ They have also stated that their contract work will take presidence over their mod work.

So for me deceived seems too strong of a word to use. If you have ever modded, things never go to plan, things will always take longer than expected. I expected it. It was an ambitious plan. Disappointed would be what I would use. A monthly or bimonthly (every two months) news letter would help curb this disappointment. A little bit more, consistent, communication. Again, lots of content previewed, which is disappointing not to be able to drive yet, but I don't feel deceived by it. As I have mentioned, I have all their rF2 content, an I have gotten more than my moneys worth out of the mod. I still have hope that the content will make its way out. But as I have mentioned in previous posts, I wouldn't work on the PX unless it is P2 or DPI related until hybrids and ECU and transmission updates are in rF2. Seems pointless to have the car unless the game is able to support all the features of it.

I have been using the time to learn a bit more about modding in rF2 myself. I have done a few conversions (privately as I don't have full permissions), with the first public one being released very soon. I would suggest you try the same. Weather it be painting, conversions, for full scratch made mods. Instead of being disappointed about one mod team, we can all start to enjoy other content until URD comes back.

17. Travis

Travis Registered

I don't feel deceived at all and I bought the PX mod on the first day it was available. If you feel less than happy there is not much one can say to change that.

What I am unhappy about is the communication between URD and their customers has been very lacking (e.g. a question I made via Sellfy remains unanswered from 3 weeks ago) and the URD forums shut without much fanfare some time ago too. The FB page is a little slow to update too.

I am very happy all of the mods run really well, have fantastic scratch made 3D models & realistic feeling physics.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that you do not feel cheated, does not mean you have not been cheated.
    At the same time they say one thing to you and then they do another, they are already deceiving you
    and if on top of that thing you have to pay even worse
    the conditions of sale were not met
    whereupon they have lied and cheated
    this is the endless story ....this is a movie:cool::cool::cool::cool:

19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I already got something for my money from URD and use it for years now. I also got told I even get updates without paying extra. I think there are worse situation you could be in. ;) And I'm not in a rush either, because it is perfectly fine for me to wait for a finished product. If this is a movie to you, then you have a vivid fantasy. :rolleyes:

20. yippssy

yippssy Registered

The DX9 mods are on sale at URD's shop, so by your words @Flaux I supose that you know date for DX11 release of PX, EGT and JT5 mods.