[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

By the time we finish the 3rd car we can fix any issue/adjust anything needed becase the first one is basicly the blueprint for other 2. Physics wise this cars will be all same, rules there are so done that you cant really do much. So at the end we just package it plus you have a choise to purchse one car only you want or to purchase one only to test it if you like it and than purchase the others.
    Plus if we have one car finished its good if it goes out rather than standing only on our disks.
    Thats something we should have done with PX package allready and we wouldnt have the pressure now and everybody would be happy.

We are going to add our own physics that is the main thing and few other changes will be done to fit with our cars.

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

@ UnitedRacingDesign

I am sorry if you are loosing money on your PX package.
    But were you really expecting to make money on an unfinished beta product, whose buyers see no advances for long periods, scaring away new potential buyers for this product and other mods you'll try to sell later?
    Why don't you deliver a finished and polished product, and after that measure your ROI?
    That is the way it works in business.

Cheers.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

Its about the thing that overall to much cars for far to low price are inside. Even 5 cars should bring enough allready to cover more of those. There is big differente. We had good sales with EGT and T5 so we decided to get PX at lower price and we put far more time in each of the cars inside PX and better quality. EGT and T5 are now worn out and they dont cover the expenses with PX. But as said to, there are other factors around PX that is for us more worth to wait with an update like DX11 and the deal with enduracers before releasing an update with new cars.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Really interested in Enduracers deal,can you tell us more?
    About DX11 switch,what are your plans for DLCs? Marcell says they will sell third party DLCs, are you guys going to follow them?
    I think URD mods are great, I hope to see all your cars ported to rF2 (some are only for AC) because I love them!

5. UnitedRacingDesign

We can use some of their P2 models, we will implent our own physics, tire model and probably new rims. Remove their skins and add our own. But we need to wait for some cars as that is the deal and they use some our models.

For DX11, well everything "old" will need few adjustments. I dont know yet how much but there will be some. Mostly material/shaders and texture work i guess.
    We might follow S397 on that yes and im planning to migrate our content to workshop, we will keep our website shop for start. Maybe if it turns out good, we might completly migrate to workshop only.

MarcG, roby13 and DaVeX like this.
  6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

EGT and T5 sold well because they were very good mods, and people got the product they paid for.

Please, excuse my frankness, PX doesn't sell enough, because it has been an unfinished product for too long, with unequal standards among cars, without any firm commitment for completion, and people reading this thread are wary of buying it. PX finished with EGT quality would probably be a best seller, and a package PX + EGT also.

Cheers.

7. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

As far as we know Steam removed option to sell workshop products but they are going to release something new or give some options to devs and modders...
    In my opinion something like DCS store will work, but..Hey,we just have to wait and see!
    rF2 was in hold for a long timeand thanks to your mods I enjoyed it, I will buy all of them when switching to DX11!

8. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

WOW! that was little crispy! But to the point. I love that.. ;):p

Another post after the jT5 video about the T5 update taking forever, you can add to this one.

I don't have any of these mods but I'm still thinking I want to buy them. Now with the jT5! That looks great and I'm going to be looking really hard at buying them. Only trouble is we keep seeing posts like those two. It does kind off put the brakes on.

How ever, updates. Does this mean the mod is no good or is it just based on a promise? I mean so often we see a mod released and after the first 10 "thank you" posts there that bainyack with that all important question, "When's the update coming". Really! you can't tell me a mod needs to be updated two days after it's release. Apparently yes according to some.
    I get needing to update things when the game engine is changed. This can make a mod old real quick. Aside from that, What is the T5 update that is so important? And more so for me, If I buy the jT5 cars will they be of a standard were a update is mealy just a courtesy not a necessity?

So! really, If I do buy a mod here, What am I getting? A good high quality mod or a update in the making?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  9. UnitedRacingDesign

You dont understand it. We started T5 with unfinished adding cars with time, same with EGT and both sales were from start great. PX isnt and it didnt come close to what others were even that we pushed far more out and did what rf2 is posibile of. So we spend 3x times more time on PX cars but didnt get close T5/EGT cars sales in same period and same concept with far more time involved.
    This is thought our thing and we should deal with that. So we dealing with that now and solving it in our power posibile.
    But as mentioned now few times, why the product is on "hold" this is not the main reason and i have explained it up to few times now.

10. UnitedRacingDesign

T5 was finished long time ago, the game itself changed alot and later we stoped the updates, i think we could go back and search for the talks about that it was not worth to update some things in some period becase rf2 broke and updated alot of things allmost every month, right now it is so that the T5 physics is still working "good" but in terms what we do now as an update was more worth for wait or we would have to do it like 10-20 in that period and scraping/redoing stuff wich has completly no point for us. That way we can dedicate all time to one car and redo that every month.
    In just 1 year Miro did like 3 versions of T5 physics becase rf2 updated in some areas and they were again redone and so on. Than again most of leagues used to update our cars overall and did their own stuff, not becase ours were bad but becase they wanted something different so we waited for an update that its worth the work.

This is not meant for you but i see that alot of people completly forgot how much of a pain in the ass rf2 was many times with updates and unstable builds where there was completly no point of updating content if it got broken with next rf2 update or we had to revert things in every second build.

Our next products will come out only as V1, that means finished product and updates will be done when we think its really needed and worth that means that we will for sure skin some rf2 builds until we see that its stable and that we dont get broken cars in next build.

Ernie, MarcG and roby13 like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Marcell said in Discord Valve offered another option he was looking at, it won't be directly via workshop. I think a store like RaceRoom where you can use Steam to pay would be nice, just hope they'll keep other currency available, no idea why Sector 3 removed Brazilian money after the store update, don't know if they added it back, didn't check. That's all I need to buy URD stuff, not gonna pay for that in euro or dollar

The problem with PX is that now Audi is out, Toyota is getting an updated car, and so on. If you take longer to make this available maybe it will selll less as people expect current cars? (serious question, what does your numbers say about it?)

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Thanks Alexx.
    Yeah I know what rF2 was like back then. It did keep a lot of modders from working on it.

The T5, There is a time to say enough. I get that and would hope others do to. rF2 has been relatively stable for a good while now. Apart from the up coming DX11 update I will hope it is a clean transition and not full off multiple updates. It would be good to see the T5 at least brought up to DX11 even if that was all it got. After all, the models maybe out off date to your newer ones today but they still out strip others in quality we see in rF2. Not only third party ones I'm sad to say.

As much as some love updates every month ;), personally I'm not a fan. I'd rather a great update once a year then a hundred brake and fix through it.

On that point. Maybe the reason the PX is a slow mover. As you've describe in a earlier post it's the same methodology you used on the T5 and EGT. It could be people are waiting for it to be more a finished mod first this time. Hahaha... Sorry! just thinking out loud.

13. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I would say that rF2 community got a bit reluctant about being rF2 among URD's priorities wrt AC considering the number of releases for each platform in the last two years.

I have T5, EGT and PX and they seem abandoned for too long. Opening too many fronts which seem to be forgotten when opening new ones.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

I wont argue that PX and T5 need updates but really, explain me EGT? And how did we abandon that one? T5 is just beeing worked on and the update is mather of days now actually(I hope you mean physics or some grafical updates like materials adjustment becase the T5 package available wont get new cars).
    Its slightly unfair to post things here that arent true. I never denyed of PX(last update july 2016) but i have explained the situation around T5 and to say EGT is abandoned, well that is actually not true.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    rubennaatje likes this.
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

lol EGT is awesome and after v2.0 it got even better, no way that one feels abandoned

16. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Still enjoying px2 cars, would like more of them though. Just pointing out that px2 car (ai) doesn't make the sharp turn out if the garagebox at new Nola circuit. EGT cars are able to make the turn without hitting the buildings, px2 cars don't. Just for ai. Don't know if anyrhing can be done, so just a small remark.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've seen this at some other tracks as well. Silverstone comes to mind.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is just to bump up the issue for URD to examine. At several tracks now, including Road America 1.42, I have found the AI have a very difficult time exiting the garage space. If, like at Silverstone GT, there is a wall in front of the garages, they have problems turning enough to avoid hitting the wall. At Road America it was a Chain Link fence, the AI controlled cars could not exit the infield paddock without getting hung up on the fencing. Is there a setting in a json file or elsewhere that helps the cars turn at low speeds?

And I can confirm that the PX2 cars seem to be the culprits. PX1 cars, even that luxo yacht Nissan could navigate the narrow garage area and avoid the team tents setup at Sebring. The GT cars as well, but the PX2 (plus the rOne I'm guessing) just cannot get out cleanly.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  19. KittX

KittX Registered

I guess it's related to Brazilian finance transfer situation in general. PayPal in one of the recent updates, for example, brought very strict rules to Brazil currency, if I remember its not possible to transfer them from/to another country. No wonder Sector 3 had to go for other curriency.

20. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Any news on the progress? Or are you guys mainly working on the other mods?

Thanks